CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Play Ace 1v1

ace was easily the highlight of the event for me. Most people were using thrust just to get behind corners(even though they would've lived in most cases) or cross map geometry, while he's using it to fight a guy with a shotgun and os. If anything he showed how despite thrusts limitations, it can still be used to make awesome plays. Shortening the distance, lengthening the cooldown, and increasing the speed would probably encourage more of these kinds of plays.

They are a pro team. They are far from below average and definitely not average. Are they great? Can they compete with the best? No.

They haven't placed outside the top 8 in both seasons. That means they haven't lost to a non pro team. When they had Cntra and Aries they were placing top 3 and putting up good series against CLG and EG.

Once they start putting in a heavy amount of hours into Halo 5 they will shine once again.

This is what I am referring to - them in comparison with top teams - and when it comes to that, they are below average.

Of course I know they can beat the MLG BXR ALLSTARS in an open bracket.  

ace was easily the highlight of the event for me. Most people were using thrust just to get behind corners(even though they would've lived in most cases) or cross map geometry, while he's using it to fight a guy with a shotgun and os. If anything he showed how despite thrusts limitations, it can still be used to make awesome plays. Shortening the distance, lengthening the cooldown, and increasing the speed would probably encourage more of these kinds of plays.

He really was doing some pretty crazy stuff with them. He seems to be one of the smartest players especially when it comes to learning a new game. As weak as Optic performed Ace was really showcasing the moves.

Why is the OS animation that big of a deal? It's similar to how the custom overshield worked in H3 for MLG and no one had problems with it (as far as i remember). Why is ensuring you can live for half a second after grabbing it such an issue? 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why is the OS animation that big of a deal? It's similar to how the custom overshield worked in H3 for MLG and no one had problems with it (as far as i remember). Why is ensuring you can live for half a second after grabbing it such an issue?

In H3 you could fight back when you got it. That way you could at least live even if you burn it. Now you are stuck doing an animation that ultimately leads to death
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Given that the build shown was 3 months old, I'm sure some stuff has been changed (like Shotty Range according to JH).

But, still think Magnum could use a 4sk. Buff BR by giving it the 2-shot beatdown, and give the SMG more recoil so it's harder to use.

Also, for the love of god, don't have Empire TS in HCS. 

And the OS needs a buff in some form.

Find a good series optic put up against us, every time we played an optic roster it was a slaughter 

Was mainly talking about when they had Ola. Calm your ego boy.  :lxthul:

I just think it's a decent way to avoid rewarding someone who over-sprints. That's why I have no problem. It's honestly whatever, keep it or change it to normal.. I still think we should give it more of a chance than a 4 team invitational.

• Upvote (+1) 3

In H3 you could fight back when you got it. That way you could at least live even if you burn it. Now you are stuck doing an animation that ultimately leads to death

Could you not do anything on the H5 build? I must not have noticed that. But I think it's still unfair to say that the animation ultimately leads to death, that's a bit extreme for a .5 second animation.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Could you not do anything on the H5 build? I must not have noticed that. But I think it's still unfair to say that the animation ultimately leads to death, that's a bit extreme for a .5 second animation.

It's more of a placement/map issue then anything else. The animation causes problems that we aren't used to and is an inconvenience, but it's not as big a deal as how awful their located and how they are the only thing teams fight for and dogpile.

In H5 you pretty much grab it and hope you get the Os before you die. At least in H3 you knew you were burning it. Now it's really random

the h3 mlg custom was a compromise anyway

We are upset because in all previous halos:

1. you could shoot while getting it

2. if you got it untouched, you still got the OS

3. you got invulnerability as soon as you picked it up

4. you didn't have to press a fucking button

Also it would be cool if it was nadeable again like in the first 2 installments.

so pretty much 343 randomly decided we're going to change 4 things about powerups, just because we feel like it. At first it was like, w/e, press a button and do an animation for your whole #immersion, but you can die while doing it too now? 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Was mainly talking about when they had Ola. Calm your ego boy.  :lxthul:

My bad shoulda known you were talking about the 1 event with ola not the other 6 events!!!! 

• Upvote (+1) 1

H5 is the 4th best Halo game AT BEST, the only good thing I could think of is the reticle being at the center of the screen again... If you realistically have no chance at winning money in this game, I really can't justify people in a competitive Halo forum supporting this pos, much less with 343 behind it

• Downvote (-1) 5

H5 is the 4th best Halo game AT BEST, the only good thing I could think of is the reticle being at the center of the screen again... If you realistically have no chance at winning money in this game, I really can't justify people in a competitive Halo forum supporting this pos, much less with 343 behind it

Even with stupid shit like sprinting and smart aim it's clearly better than H4 or Reach.

I guess I just disagree. I'm not willing to definitively throw it away yet. Especially when everyone I've talked to that had their hands on it said they've enjoyed it. Is there room for improvement? Obviously. There's plenty of room, but I don't think anything I've seen was gamebreaking. I'm a positive person, and I look for positives rather than negatives most the time. And to me, I actually saw a lot of positives today, but ultimately it just looked like fun, and I think that's something Halo has been missing for a while. Maybe it wont be fun for everyone, maybe after a week it won't be fun to me, who knows.

• The pistol looked challenging and a good change of pace, so I'm actually excited about that.
  • The shotgun seemed like a legitimate power weapon, although the range needs reduced just a bit. I'd suggest lowering the clip size to 5 shots and have 2 clips in it.
  • And I'm looking forward to new maps to learn and play. Fathom looked pretty decent, but Empire's LoS weren't very good to me. Too crowded and incentivized AR/SMG > Pistol too much.
  • I'm also excited about a tier'd ranking system. I'd ideally like to see a solo/duo playlist and a team playlist like LoL has with different ranks for each, but I doubt that happens. At the very least MM needs to have the H3 restrictions (matching party sizes).
  • Upvote (+1) 2

My bad shoulda known you were talking about the 1 event with ola not the other 6 events!!!! 

Well when else were they placing top 3? Season 2 was rough for them. I know that was hard for you to see from the top. You're lost. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Even with stupid shit like sprinting and smart aim it's clearly better than H4 or Reach.

From my brief experience in the beta with vibration (i play no vib) and sticky sniper zoom - I'd go as far as to say it's better than H2A for sure and better than Halo 3 online.

That makes H5 potentially a top 2 online Halo. Halo 2 being the obvious best experience on XBL*

*I'm talking about XBL because 99% of the time we spend on this game will be on XBL.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I said this in the chat while watching last night, but I'm kind of annoyed at how shields don't recharge when you sprint. Not because I think they should, but because it seems like an unnecessary mechanic to attempt balancing sprint in the first place.

Felt the same way yest. while watching the rebroadcast. It's so stupid. I had forgot this feature exsted in the beta and then I saw it again yesterday...sigh

I'm late to the OS conversation but Holmes is partially right. Bum rushing the OS is mindless gameplay. It discourages setting up to earn the power up and can be an easy cop out if you are losing a gunfight.

What he is WRONG about is the fact that it is burned. If the player is killed during the animation the OS should be dropped for the team that DID earn it for killing him.

@@Sal1ent

Infinity making a post that actually makes sense?

ee1f3e20-0e8f-0132-0820-0eae5eefacd9.gif

Well when else were they placing top 3? Season 2 was rough for them. I know that was hard for you to see from the top. You're lost.

3rd, 4th, 3rd. Played them at ugc and g4g, so more times than with ola. Get your facts straight boiiiii.

3rd, 4th, 3rd. Played them at ugc and g4g, so more times than with ola. Get your facts straight boiiiii.

You're right, I should've been very very precise in my telling because that had a lot to do with the context of my point...thank you for clearing everything up and proving me wrong, I appreciate it, Lord Campbell. 

This is what I am referring to - them in comparison with top teams - and when it comes to that, they are below average.

Yep, you're right too! They can't hang with EG, so obviously they are a below average team. What was I even thinking, boy, you guys really straightened me out. Thank God for you both. Have a blessed day.  :bman:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Only reason I will be supporting this game is because I don't want it to slip back to where it was 2 years ago. I will still be against all of these pointless additions stolen from other games that make no sense being in a Halo game.