CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

We would be backing their content 200% of the time (a lot of us LOVE it!), if it didn't get in the way of their practice.

OpTic's COD Team grinds the game extremely often, makes game content for YT AND non-game content as well, all while remaining the best team in the game.

OpTic Halo makes Vlogs and probably has less than 2 days of cumulative play time on Halo 5.

The thing is it doesnt even get in the way of their practice, maniac vlogs about having nothing to do all day when he is on a struggling team.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Maniac has more than 2 days played himself. I think people are just assuming Optic isn't grinding, when they've actually been playing a lot the last 2+ weeks.

And ya ive seen assault and flamesword online a lot the past like 2 weeks and idk have maniac added or he appears offline or something, thats if hes playing

• Upvote (+1) 1

Would be cool if ladder matches were worth more so pro teams had more incentive to play them.

yea maybe like each game be worth 5 points so a best of 3 could earn 10 points...but I think it would be also cool to have the losing team win 5 points if they win a game but lose the series 2-1...just more incentives to play

Would be cool if ladder matches were worth more so pro teams had more incentive to play them.

They still want the best seed they can get. If the 2nd best team in a tournament has the 8th seed (let's say they didn't take the ladder seriously, and the best team did), they'll play the best team for top 4 and likely end up with 1/2 the points they could have gotten.

The ladder matches won't matter much after that first tournament, but expect a crazy grind for the next 2 weeks.

Maniac has more than 2 days played himself. I think people are just assuming Optic isn't grinding, when they've actually been playing a lot the last 2+ weeks.

Starting to learn the game 2 weeks before the season starts when you have had 6 weeks to do so is the opposite of grinding.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Starting to learn the game 2 weeks before the season starts when you have had 6 weeks to do so is the opposite of grinding.

Not like they didn't play the game at all before. Flame and Assault have been grinding for a while. Maniac has said it himself, he didn't like the game at first, and didn't want to play it. Now he enjoys it more, he has started the grind. Yes, they obviously should've been playing from the start, but everyone here acts like Optic has barely played, when it's mostly just Maniac who didn't at the beginning. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Any noteable achievements he's had so far? Seems very strange to go from heinz and cloud to frosty lol. It reminds me on neighbor teaming with acorns/adrenaline/lethul, but in that case it was the well established pro being paired with three less established pros as opposed to now with the ratio being 3:1 and they still managed to get second at the first event. I just can't see someone that like being able to push clg to first, I'd be surprised even consistent top 4.

New game blah blah we'll see I guess.

Frosty has been playing against pro's online since everyone quit halo 4 and started playing Halo 3 again. Maybe even before that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So...nadeshot quit because they won too much.

Do you follow COD? Nadeshot quit because he felt that he was holding them back. They proceeded to win a bunch of events after that including the $250k MLG World Finals in October.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Sorry, I saw your comment late that night you posted it and forgot about it. If you guys are making noise, I'll start recording your scrims as well. Please post your team name and GT's so I can track. Also twitters would be helpful if one of you posts that your scrimming...

Team Name atm is: Jesse's Final Boss Hat

GTs: Commonly FLYS, Cratos Messi, bubu dubu, Nemassist MN

I usually tweet out when we're scrimming, www.twitter.com/commonlyy

• Upvote (+1) 2

here we all were thinking H5 didn't have assault while lethul is dropping the biggest bomb i've ever seen

• Upvote (+1) 6

i feel bad for Maniac/Cloud. I think they both deserve higher placings than they're probably going to get because of 2 anchors.

here we all were thinking H5 didn't have assault while lethul is dropping the biggest bomb i've ever seen

Well like he said, Clete's finally been playing the past few days, so we do have Assault again, finally.

• Upvote (+1) 3

i feel bad for Maniac/Cloud. I think they both deserve higher placings than they're probably going to get because of 2 anchors.

Maniac doesn't grind anymore. Hard to feel bad for someone who's not working for it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Not like they didn't play the game at all before. Flame and Assault have been grinding for a while. Maniac has said it himself, he didn't like the game at first, and didn't want to play it. Now he enjoys it more, he has started the grind. Yes, they obviously should've been playing from the start, but everyone here acts like Optic has barely played, when it's mostly just Maniac who didn't at the beginning. 

You don't consider playing a game for MAX 14/42 days barely playing on a professional level? Top on the fact that the season starts in 4 days and they still don't have a 4th.

Not sure if serious.

Tbf no one really knows who's good at Black Ops 3. This weekend should make things a bit clear.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So...nadeshot quit because they won too much.

Nadeshot quit because he didnt feel like he was playing as well as he should. Also probably worth nothing he didnt just "Quit". Nadeshot helps run the organization, and focuses on his youtube/social media outlets.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Tbf no one really knows who's good at Black Ops 3. This weekend should make things a bit clear.

They are by far the best team.  They absolutely smash teams in Hardpoint/Uplink; they struggled with CTF for a few days but looked infinitely better just yesterday.  I think they went like 8-1 against coL (Parasite, Ricky, Mirx, Nameless) last night.

Its going to be a repeat of AW for OpTic: they'll place 1-2 pretty much all year.  They have zero weak-points on the team.  They just barely lost the finals of that invitational tournament with Formal having barely played the game; now he's looking like an absolute force again.

So glad I subscribed, people get subbing I need more of this in my life.

OT- RIP cloud, hope he lands on his feet.

• Upvote (+1) 1