CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Would you being dropped for someone like frosty lol?

The way you said it, it sounds like you think frosty is a scrub and he paid CLG to be on the team.

A lot of pros has been saying lately he is a very good player and I would assume Ogre 2 is smart enough to decide if he's actually good or it's just the hype making him look better than he is.

Noob question time.  Ladder vs qualifiers...  I've never followed a ladder before and I'm foggy on the HCS system, please explain it to me.

I think that the ladder opening on Sunday means that teams register and then can challenge other teams during the ladder's open period.   Scores get submitted and the backend does some calculations.  Beating a team moves you up the ladder relative to their position.

NA qualifiers are online tournaments, for money and points, open to the top 16 in the ladder?  Top 8 teams in terms of points at the end of it all go to finals?

Ladder Wins reward 5 Points per Victory, it isn't relative to your opponent's position (like an ELO system).

Compartively, winning a Qualifier Tournament reward 5,000 points, so essentially, the point of the ladder is to bump your seed up and earn a few extra points. The ladder will end in the middle of the qualifier season.

Qualifier Tournaments are your main way of earning points and qualifying for NA Regionals; they are open to everyone.

The Top 16 teams with the most points are invited to NA Regionals, and the Top 8 teams who make it out of Pools at Regionals qualify for HWC. The Top 8 also compete in a $50,000 bracket.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm confused, are you insinuating Spartan is holding Winterfox back?

Or that Randa is the best player on eLevate?

I think Ryanoob and arguably Arkanum are elite players capable of winning events, while Spartan and Shooter aren't that caliber.

Randa might have gotten lucky with his WFX squad but he's still shown more than anyone else on his team, and by all accounts he's an H5 god.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

'09 Cloud would be awesome. Sometimes you need a little  :salt: for motivation.

'10 Cloud was one of the best in the game. I'm hoping he gets picked up by tD, I would hate to see him be put to waste on Optic.

The way you said it, it sounds like you think frosty is a scrub and he paid CLG to be on the team.

A lot of pros has been saying lately he is a very good player and I would assume Ogre 2 is smart enough to decide if he's actually good or it's just the hype making him look better than he is.

Any noteable achievements he's had so far? Seems very strange to go from heinz and cloud to frosty lol. It reminds me on neighbor teaming with acorns/adrenaline/lethul, but in that case it was the well established pro being paired with three less established pros as opposed to now with the ratio being 3:1 and they still managed to get second at the first event. I just can't see someone that like being able to push clg to first, I'd be surprised even consistent top 4.

New game blah blah we'll see I guess.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think Ryanoob and arguably Arkanum are elite players capable of winning events, while Spartan and Shooter aren't that caliber.

Randa might have gotten lucky with his WFX squad but he's still shown more than anyone else on his team, and by all accounts he's an H5 god.

You must not be watching. Spartan is the best player on WFX.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Official CLG fan now...

On another note just curious, would anyone compare the H2 Final Boss popularity to today's Optic gaming ? I was too young to fathom whether or not they were that big I was just a fanboy hahaha. I do vaguely remember an AIM challenge, I wonder if twitch/YouTube were as big as they are now back then would they have blown up even more. Just curious

love all the people hating on optic.... those guys spend hours creating content (i understand its not halo but they bring you into their every day life).... especially during the off season... gives u something to watch/follow... i just dont get the disrespect.. they've been around forever, play well; are dedicated to one another........... idk, i dont see it.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I don't think he'd be on CLG this early without the  :lxthul: hype. That said, the kid is a fucking beast and absolutely deserves it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

name them :bravo:

Not gonna give the competition any ideas lol but if you watch enough halo you'll start to see a few pick stick out the next few weeks

love all the people hating on optic.... those guys spend hours creating content (i understand its not halo but they bring you into their every day life).... especially during the off season... gives u something to watch/follow... i just dont get the disrespect.. they've been around forever, play well; are dedicated to one another........... idk, i dont see it.

We would be backing their content 200% of the time (a lot of us LOVE it!), if it didn't get in the way of their practice.

OpTic's COD Team grinds the game extremely often, makes game content for YT AND non-game content as well, all while remaining the best team in the game.

OpTic Halo makes Vlogs and probably has less than 2 days of cumulative play time on Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Official CLG fan now...

On another note just curious, would anyone compare the H2 Final Boss popularity to today's Optic gaming ? I was too young to fathom whether or not they were that big I was just a fanboy hahaha. I do vaguely remember an AIM challenge, I wonder if twitch/YouTube were as big as they are now back then would they have blown up even more. Just curious

I think its really apples to oranges. I think both teams are popular for entirely different reasons. 

Optic gained popularity and still holds most of their following in CoD. Optic Halo hasnt really done anything tournament wise, but the brand recognition and content they've made has kept them in the spotlight.

Final Boss gained popularity because they were the best players in the game and proved it time and time again.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You must not be watching. Spartan is the best player on WFX.

Yeah, and Ninja's team is the best right now.

Give it a month.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Any noteable achievements he's had so far? Seems very strange to go from heinz and cloud to frosty lol. It reminds me on neighbor teaming with acorns/adrenaline/lethul, but in that case it was the well established pro being paired with three less established pros as opposed to now with the ratio being 3:1 and they still managed to get second at the first event. I just can't see someone that like being able to push clg to first, I'd be surprised even consistent top 4.

Yeah I still think CLG should have never dropped Heniz but yes, I agree, we will see soon. :)

Frosty is the real deal. Played better than anyone at Daytona IMO, and is one of those guys that never seems to go negative. Seems to fit pretty well with CLG's slay-first mentality. Don't be surprised if you see some more massive slaying performances in losing efforts from CLG, though.

@@Commonly

Been watching you guys the last couple of nights, look really solid.  Beat Allegiance, lost to EG 3-2, and beat Winterfox 4-0.  Keep grinding, it will pay off.

thanks man! someone finally noticed our scrims xD

Not gonna give the competition any ideas lol but if you watch enough halo you'll start to see a few pick stick out the next few weeks

Penguin (Noble) Unlegit (Liquid) Commonly, very nerdy

Closer look at what makes the GOAT the GOAT.

Hey, just a quick recommendation.  I know your face isn't on there for that long of the video, but you could maybe consider framing it a little better, zoom out or back away from it so we can see more of your face maybe even shoulders. I think it would look a little more professional.  My 2 cents.  Thanks for all your work.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hey, just a quick recommendation.  I know your face isn't on there for that long of the video, but you could maybe consider framing it a little better, zoom out or back away from it so we can see more of your face maybe even shoulders. I think it would look a little more professional.  My 2 cents.  Thanks for all your work.

But then I'd have to put pants on.

Thanks for the feedback!

• Upvote (+1) 3

thanks man! someone finally noticed our scrims xD

Sorry, I saw your comment late that night you posted it and forgot about it. If you guys are making noise, I'll start recording your scrims as well. Please post your team name and GT's so I can track. Also twitters would be helpful if one of you posts that your scrimming...

We would be backing their content 200% of the time (a lot of us LOVE it!), if it didn't get in the way of their practice.

OpTic's COD Team grinds the game extremely often, makes game content for YT AND non-game content as well, all while remaining the best team in the game.

OpTic Halo makes Vlogs and probably has less than 2 days of cumulative play time on Halo 5.

Maniac has more than 2 days played himself. I think people are just assuming Optic isn't grinding, when they've actually been playing a lot the last 2+ weeks.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't think Arkanum is anywhere close to his H5 potential, after what I saw from him in H2A - some players take longer to adjust than others. And Ryanoob will continue to get better from just learning the game and trying new stuff. 

Either that, or the team chemistry just hasn't gelled yet. Weird, given that 3/4 of this team won the RTX tourney.

Ladder Wins reward 5 Points per Victory, it isn't relative to your opponent's position (like an ELO system).

Compartively, winning a Qualifier Tournament reward 5,000 points, so essentially, the point of the ladder is to bump your seed up and earn a few extra points. The ladder will end in the middle of the qualifier season.

Qualifier Tournaments are your main way of earning points and qualifying for NA Regionals; they are open to everyone.

The Top 16 teams with the most points are invited to NA Regionals, and the Top 8 teams who make it out of Pools at Regionals qualify for HWC. The Top 8 also compete in a $50,000 bracket.

Would be cool if ladder matches were worth more so pro teams had more incentive to play them.

How is Optic the best team in cod?