CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

EG/eLevate series have been awesome a few days ago and today. They basically rotate wins. Very competitive teams. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I updated the first post with rosters, if anybody big is missing or there mistakes please tell me.

um Reality Check? or do we not matter this year due to teaming with randoms?

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

um Reality Check? or do we not matter this year due to teaming with randoms?

cmon man they carried you at Daytona :/ jk love you 

Feel free to post the roster so I can add it to OP

You guys are constantly switching partners like a middle school relationship / debating on taking a break I gave up on following all the crazy shenanigans of Keeping Up with the Reality Checkians.

:flames:
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Official Roster

We are attending Irongaming and we might have another huge announcement coming soon

Feel free to post the roster so I can add it to OP

You guys are constantly switching partners like a middle school relationship / debating on taking a break I gave up on following all the crazy shenanigans of Keeping Up with the Reality Checkians.

:wutface:  :saucey:  :beyond:

• Upvote (+1) 6

Sucks that coaches are basically out of a job until regional finals.

(yes I know it wasn't really a job to begin with)

Regarding content with the pros (sorry if you're sick about it): I don't think anyone is going to argue it won't at least help the scene. But if content creation isn't for you, then that's alright--end of story. I do think pros have ended their YouTube grind prematurely in a lot of cases, but I also think wanting to succeed in growing competitive Halo through YouTube is a big challenge, because out of all the genres of videos you can post, they tend to do poorly viewership wise. Perhaps this is just the OpTic fanbase, but Maniac and Flamesword's Halo videos do not do as good.as their other videos, even ones without name drop titles (Nadeshot, Scump, etc.). However, Ninja's 1v1s vs the Sudds most definitely beat out his vlogs--though those hilarious 1v1s aren't what most Halo pros have produced--rather just dull scrims VoD.

Despite this, I still obviously advocate the production of Halo videos. Here are some quick tips for pros, or anyone really, looking to grow their channel:

Guide to YouTube monetization:

1.) Visuals, Titles and Thumbnails

The title and thumbnail of a video is almost just as important as the content within, for if it's not pleasing enough, people won't be enticed to click on it. For example, "Stream Highlights 3" is not an acceptable title. Stating factual information is an improvement, such as "Warlord Bomb vs Denial", but even then it's not good enough, in my opinion. While cheesey, the most successful titles are generally ALL CAPS (sad, I know) and are out of the box. I don't advocate click-bait, but a little spice, is all. Maniac does a good job of this here:

This video is also a good example in that it uses a thumbnail (albeit the puckered lips are dumb). Technically all videos have thumbnails, but what I mean is that the still picture on a video before clicked on is custom made, not pre-made by YouTube. If you're not skilled in any photo production software, this task can be outsourced to a community member, if you have a big enough following.

2.) The little things

In my opinion, almost all videos should have a consistent opening hook. While again cheesey, it creates a certain vibe and drills your name into the audience's head. Nadeshot's is "YouTube, how the fudge ya doing", but it doesn't have to be that level of cheese--Flamesword's is, "what's up guys, it's OpTic Flamesword". Additionally, content just has to be more imaginative. It is impossible to monetize off of solely competitive scrims alone. Here are some ideas off the top: Campaign with a Halo Pro, Road to Champion, Tips videos, IRL VLOGS, Day in the lifes, collab with other YTers that already have a popular YouTube presence (perhaps through the same org), and more. Having a personality is also most obviously key, and it's why YT is not for everyone, but these were just some quick tips I noticed a lot of pros weren't doing.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Regarding content with the pros (sorry if you're sick about it): I don't think anyone is going to argue it won't at least help the scene. But if content creation isn't for you, then that's alright--end of story. I do think pros have ended their YouTube grind prematurely in a lot of cases, but I also think wanting to succeed in growing competitive Halo through YouTube is a big challenge, because out of all the genres of videos you can post, they tend to do poorly viewership wise. Perhaps this is just the OpTic fanbase, but Maniac and Flamesword's Halo videos do not do as good.as their other videos, even ones without name drop titles (Nadeshot, Scump, etc.). However, Ninja's 1v1s vs the Sudds most definitely beat out his vlogs--though those hilarious 1v1s aren't what most Halo pros have produced--rather just dull scrims VoD.

Despite this, I still obviously advocate the production of Halo videos. Here are some quick tips for pros, or anyone really, looking to grow their channel:

The title and thumbnail of a video is almost just as important as the content within, for if it's not pleasing enough, people won't be enticed to click on it. For example, "Stream Highlights 3" is not an acceptable title. Stating factual information is an improvement, such as "Warlord Bomb vs Denial", but even then it's not good enough, in my opinion. While cheesey, the most successful titles are generally ALL CAPS (sad, I know) and are out of the box. I don't advocate click-bait, but a little spice, is all. Maniac does a good job of this here:

This video is also a good example in that it uses a thumbnail (albeit the puckered lips are dumb). Technically all videos have thumbnails, but what I mean is that the still picture on a video before clicked on is custom made, not pre-made by YouTube. If you're not skilled in any photo production software, this task can be outsourced to a community member, if you have a big enough following.

2.) The little things

In my opinion, almost all videos should have a consistent opening hook. While again cheesey, it creates a certain vibe and drills your name into the audience's head. Nadeshot's is "YouTube, how the fudge ya doing", but it doesn't have to be that level of cheese--Flamesword's is, "what's up guys, it's OpTic Flamesword". Additionally, content just has to be more imaginative. It is impossible to monetize off of solely competitive scrims alone. Here are some ideas off the top: Campaign with a Halo Pro, Road to Champion, Tips videos, IRL VLOGS, Day in the lifes, collab with other YTers that already have a popular YouTube presence (perhaps through the same org), and more. Having a personality is also most obviously key, and it's why YT is not for everyone, but these were just some quick tips I noticed a lot of pros weren't doing.

Great post! It's not just pros - I enjoy watching anyone thats passionate and contains a certain level of skill.

For those who missed it, EG won scrims against eLevate yesterday 10-2.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

2.) The little things

The hard thing about custom thumbnails is that they can only be 2MB which lowers the quality so much that they all look awful 

• Can't believe Naded is only 25.

• Looks like HWC is reallying taking a toll on the top players

Have they explained the rules of the ladder? Sounds like it'll be grind city if there aren't limitations.

• Can't believe Naded is only 25.
  • Looks like HWC is reallying taking a toll on the top players
  • Have they explained the rules of the ladder? Sounds like it'll be grind city if there aren't limitations.

I heard Ninja talking about the ladder the day it was announced. Sounded like 5 points for every win, in comparison with like 1000 points or something like that for an online cup win every Sunday. I could be wrong, but I think it was something like that. Hoping there's a lot of grinding.

Streaming scrims is stupid, and always has been. Console games are the only people that have ever done that, and it's always been questionable. Doesn't mean APG/Richie/Ola are gonna stop streaming altogether. 

You'll never see CS/League/Dota or any big esport stream their scrims outside of CoD. It's a dumb thing to do, it's literally video taping your practice sessions for opponents to study. 

@@T0rM3nTeD That scrim was the only time we've been able to play between the lag Heinz was dealing with up until like Sunday, and APG is out of town for family stuff til tonight. 

You like to be real negative Vin, about stupid shit too. Just saying.

To be quite fair cod only streams respawns. SnDs since its 1 life and usually more strats involved and a team knowing ur strats/pushes can hinder u same with cs 1 life.

Respawn it doesnt nearly matter as much since ur more playing in the moment than have a set way u want to play a 10 min game cuz nothing will go according to plan for a whole 10mins. Hence why respawn is streamed

• Upvote (+1) 1

For those who missed it, EG won scrims against eLevate yesterday 10-2.

Watched some of those scrims from Randa's perspective. eLevate wasn't taking it as seriously as they have previous scrims - you jinxed it! 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Watched some of those scrims from Randa's perspective. eLevate wasn't taking it as seriously as they have previous scrims - you jinxed it! 

After the Altitude Breakout game, eLevate looked awful.  Randa used Hydra as last alive two different rounds and died in both...  and from there they just looked like they were getting dominated.

The started out the Regret TS game up 13-3 and got Steaked.  EG showed definitively that Regret isn't "a map without teamshot" -- and I wish I'd stopped streaming the games on that one and did an Audley Analyzes video for it, because it was a methodical beauty.

• Upvote (+1) 1

After the Altitude Breakout game, eLevate looked awful.  Randa used Hydra as last alive two different rounds and died in both...  and from there they just looked like they were getting dominated.

The started out the Regret TS game up 13-3 and got Steaked.  EG showed definitively that Regret isn't "a map without teamshot" -- and I wish I'd stopped streaming the games on that one and did an Audley Analyzes video for it, because it was a methodical beauty.

What do you think of the slayer maps in the rotation now? Rig, Plaza, Truth, Coliseum, Regret, Empire, Eden. I def. like Eden & Truth, but the other ones seem a bit suspect.

What do you think of the slayer maps in the rotation now? Rig, Plaza, Truth, Coliseum, Regret, Empire, Eden. 

I think the appropriate response should be "really bad". Slayer is super bad in H5, and it has been since H2.

• Upvote (+1) 1