CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

That's all I thought when I saw that as well.

What was he expecting everyone to think? He was leaving Noble Black for a less dedicated team that placed much lower than Noble Black did.

No one was "against him," we just all thought it was a very dumb decision to leave a successful team for a team that hardly practiced.

Dumb decision if he cares/cared about winning, not if he's thinking about his future beyond Halo.

In that optic scud vision video, hecz was shitting on maniac about their poor dedication and their inability to settle on a fourth. Optic halo is a laugh.

In that optic scud vision video, hecz was shitting on maniac about their poor dedication and their inability to settle on a fourth. Optic halo is a laugh.

I've got nothing against the Optic guys, and I enjoy their vids but I can't help but imagine how different things would be if Optic was composed of actual contenders like EG. Imagine the positive influence of having a grinder like Snipedown at the Optic House, someone who actually takes the game seriously and plays to win. There would be a lot more of an incentive for Optic fans to check out these guys knowing they're top dogs. I really hope Optic gets their shit together and starts grinding, for the sake of Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Team Liquid scrimming against the old C9 (with Frosty) squad. Posting stats and scores below and updating as the series progresses.

Team Liquid 5 - 2 Cloud 9

Game 1 - Capture the Flag Coliseum, TL Wins 3-0

Game 2 - Breakout Gambol, TL Wins 5-2

Game 3 - Capture the Flag Fathom, Cloud 9 Wins 3-2

Game 4 - Strongholds The Rig, TL Wins 100-12

Game 5 - Team Slayer Empire, TL Wins 50-47

Game 6 - Breakout Trident, Cloud 9 Wins 5-2

Game 7 - Strongholds Eden, TL Wins 100-15

• Upvote (+1) 3

Who's MES events and why should I be excited for them running stuff? Seems like a very small following.

CLG is scrimming against a non-pro team right now. If anyone knows the teams name, let me know and I'll update the scoreboard. Scores/stats posted below and updated throughout the match.

CLG 5 - 6 Velocity (Posey, Juicy Fruit, Tire Ironic, Eccentrikk)

Game 1 - Capture the Flag Fathom, Velocity Wins 3-2

Game 2 - Team Slayer Eden, Velocity Wins 50-38

Game 3 - Strongholds Empire, Velocity Wins 100-84

Game 4 - Capture the Flag Coliseum, Velocity Wins 2-0

Game 5 - Team Slayer Regret, CLG Wins 50-28

Game 6 - Strongholds Plaza, CLG Wins 100-86

Game 7 - Team Slayer The Rig, CLG Wins 50-26

Game 8 - Breakout Altitude, Velocity Wins 7-5

Game 9 - Breakout Gambol, CLG Wins 6-3

Game 10 - Capture the Flag Truth, Tie Game 2-2

Game 11 - Team Slayer Empire, CLG Wins 50-43

Game 12 - Strongholds The Rig, Velocity Wins 100-67

Looks like the scrim is over between CLG and Velocity. Velocity takes the series 6-5 with one tie game as well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Kinda weird seeing EG lose almost all of their slayers in scrims considering 3/4 have insane slaying presence.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Kinda weird seeing EG lose almost all of their slayers in scrims considering 3/4 have insane slaying presence.

They also lose the majority of their breakout games. If 3/5ths of a series in competitions are going to be slayer/breakout, that could spell trouble for them. We'll see. I'm sure they'll figure it out with a little more time.

H5 slayer plays different than any other halo game, no idea why. You can lose 50-28 and then win 3-0 on the next flag, and 50-40 on the slayer after. They play really weird ImO

H5 Slayers are the worst I've played in a while, I have a feeling they are going to be really slow come tourney time. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

Oh fuck off, we just want you guys to practice.

While that comment was slightly melodramatic, at the time of that team change Maniac DID come out to state that it was a "long term" decision, which the "Halo community" did certainly laugh/sneer at.  Lets be honest, not many here seriously believed that he was actually going to go out and take advantage of the Optic Juice, but that is exactly what he did.  This is what he was referring to with that comment: the fact that he basically told everyone that he made the decision because he wanted to think long-term, yet no one believed in his dedication to accomplish that.

• Upvote (+1) 3

EG/eLevate scrims are over for the night. EG takes the series 6-5 with a tie as well.

H5 Slayers are the worst I've played in a while, I have a feeling they are going to be really slow come tourney time. 

Feelings on certain maps?

Eden definitely seems campable if there are no weapons in circulation, but we've seen teams snowball if they know how to manage weapons (Snipe/Hydra/Shotgun).

Rig and Plaza definitely seems to slow down a lot. Thoughts on Coliseum/Regret/Truth/Empire? 

Team Liquid scrimming against the old C9 (with Frosty) squad. Posting stats and scores below and updating as the series progresses.

Team Liquid 5 - 2 Cloud 9

Game 1 - Capture the Flag Coliseum, TL Wins 3-0

Game 2 - Breakout Gambol, TL Wins 5-2

Game 3 - Capture the Flag Fathom, Cloud 9 Wins 3-2

Game 4 - Strongholds The Rig, TL Wins 100-12

Game 5 - Team Slayer Empire, TL Wins 50-47

Game 6 - Breakout Trident, Cloud 9 Wins 5-2

Game 7 - Strongholds Eden, TL Wins 100-15

Team Liquid/Cloud 9 scrim is over. Team Liquid takes the series 5-2.

If there were more gametypes I would like to see Slayer go away all together, but I know saying that will bring down a wrath of noobs on me. Slayer so far has been stale and uninteresting to play or watch imo.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Eden might be one of the few I actually like. Lots of power weapons so people actually make moves, pushes are actually a thing. 

Rig is power weapon based and stand offish a lot, especially if a team has a sniper and caster/scatter at BR side.

Truth makes sense and plays the best out of them, as expected.

Regret is just a shit show, 0 sight lines and every thing is enclosed. 

Coliseum is just some trash. Spawns seem random, and if they aren't random and there is an actual system then it is way too sporadic. I've seen 3 teammates spawn in different corners while all spawning at the same time. It just hurts my brain. 

Empire... idfk. 90% of the game is SMG + Storm Rifle + Shotty so it's frustrating at time. 

TL;DR 2, maybe 3 not horrible slayers at best. 

First 3 are the "best" Rig is debatable. The bottom 3 are definitely not good slayer gametypes.

I surprisingly like the way Eden plays, where I hated it in the Beta, and preferred Empire.

Empire is NOT a good slayer map.

• Upvote (+1) 3

lets remove the gametypes EG is bad at

Yea because that's what I'm saying 

• Upvote (+1) 4

My two cents about the how watchable halo is compared to other esports: (only because I've thought about it quite a bit) In my opinion, as a fps, Halo is inherently more watchable than most other esports like MOBAs or a rts game. Someone who know nothing about video game or esports can understand the basics of a fps game without much explanation. I know this first hand. About a year ago I knew almost nothing about competitive CS:GO, but I stumbled upon one of the majors and was able to pick up what was going on very quickly, and learned more and more as I watched. Since then I have casually followed the scene and view most big events, even though I don't have a PC able to take any type of PC gaming seriously myself. Similarly, I have a few roommates who are super casual about video games and they have seen a couple HCS events and were able to follow it and were interested. Conversely, I have zero interest in any MOBA's or RTS games, nor do any of my console friends have any interest. They do not draw me in as I try to watch as a casual. They have the same appeal to me as a game of professional chess. Sure, I respect the strategy and skill involved, but to me it is boring to watch and I have no interest in spending my time watching. MOBAs do not show well to the general public and will never be "mainsteam." It is much easier for people to understand "blue soldiers try to kill red soldiers and score X objective" from a first person perspective than most other esports. So, halo, if advertised enough and presented properly, is in a good position to attract and hopefully maintain casual viewers. It holds similar advantages as CSGO, it just needs to regrow an audience and maintain it. 343 and M$ will ultimately decide its success with their marketing strategies, spectator mode, and game settings.

TL:DR As an fps shooter, Halo had an inherent advantage with spectators. 343 and M$ will ultimately decide its success.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Eden might be one of the few I actually like. Lots of power weapons so people actually make moves, pushes are actually a thing. 

Rig is power weapon based and stand offish a lot, especially if a team has a sniper and caster/scatter at BR side.

Truth makes sense and plays the best out of them, as expected.

Regret is just a shit show, 0 sight lines and every thing is enclosed. 

Coliseum is just some trash. Spawns seem random, and if they aren't random and there is an actual system then it is way too sporadic. I've seen 3 teammates spawn in different corners while all spawning at the same time. It just hurts my brain. 

Empire... idfk. 90% of the game is SMG + Storm Rifle + Shotty so it's frustrating at time. 

TL;DR 2, maybe 3 not horrible slayers at best. 

I agree with a lot, especially Coliseum, the spawns flop very easily and definitely seem random, and Regret definitely is just a spawn trap nightmare. I personally enjoy Empire but I do understand a lot of people's hate over the abundance of SMG/Storm usage.

First 3 are the "best" Rig is debatable. The bottom 3 are definitely not good slayer gametypes.

I surprisingly like the way Eden plays, where I hated it in the Beta, and preferred Empire.

Empire is NOT a good slayer map.

Yeah, Eden wasn't even remotely living up to its potential in the Beta due to lack of weapons they had solidified for it.

Quick thoughts on Empire?