CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

See my edit. It'll be live I'm sure.

True dat. It's like they've regressed from H2A. No launch tourney, not as many LANs, and fewer gametypes. Only thing that's improved is the prize pool.

Seriously disappointing.

Now all I need to know is when and where the MLG event is. Everybody should go to MLG and the grand finals events. 

Like I said earlier, it's in February. 

• Feb. 19-21 – North America Regional Finals

February 19th - 22nd 

MLG.tv Arena

Columbus, Ohio

source:

http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/news/mlg-brings-north-american-qualification-to-the-halo-world-championship/?utm_source=EventSection&utm_medium=NG

@@Humpflung The World Championship will probably be in Europe or near 343 industries on the West coast. I definitely plan on going to the NA Regionals since I'm only 9 hours away.

Like I said earlier, it's in February. 

• Feb. 19-21 – North America Regional Finals

I know that. I mean the location of the event and what hotels are near by. 

February 19th - 22nd 

MLG.tv Arena

Columbus, Ohio

source:

http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/news/mlg-brings-north-american-qualification-to-the-halo-world-championship/?utm_source=EventSection&utm_medium=NG

@@Humpflung The World Championship will probably be in Europe or near 343 industries on the West coast. I definitely plan on going to the NA Regionals since I'm only 9 hours away.

That website is a treasure trove of info that 343 didn't release on Waypoint for some reason.

Players will earn points by competing in the Online Ladder and Online Tournaments. After the 5th Online Tournament on January 24, the top 15 Teams based on cumulative points will qualify for the North America Regional Finals. The winner of the Online Last Chance Qualifier on January 31 will earn the 16th and final spot in the North American Regional Finals.

• Online Ladder Match Win = 5 Points
  • Online Tournament 1st Place = 5000 Points
  • Online Tournament 2nd Place = 3000 Points
  • Online Tournament 3rd-4th Place = 2000 Points
  • Online Tournament 5th-8th Place = 1500 Points
  • Online Tournament 9th-16th Place = 1000 Points
  • Online Tournament 17th-32nd Place = 500 Points
  • Online Tournament 33rd-64th Place = 250 Points

February 19th - 22nd

MLG.tv Arena

Columbus, Ohio

source:

Does MLG have its own arena now? I dont fully keep up with it

Did I miss some drama?

Liquid was doing pretty well, like EG was not really dominating. So i guess Ninja got the brunt of it from Snip3downs subs. 

That looks incredibly small. [most likely because it wasn't set up] Hoping the big- screens are larger and the seating is better in February! I do like the old school stands but they hurt your ass like a son-of-a-bitch.

I hope Puckett gets to cast - he is truly one of the greatest.

EDIT: After a little digging, it seems the venue is just meant to host like 16 teams max and have them all streamed. It's not like a giant venue or anything and wouldnt be worth the trip.

Here's the address.. https://www.google.com/maps/place/2188+Citygate+Dr,+Columbus,+OH+43219/@40.013751,-82.918267,294m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x88388a032eb41e4f:0x6d68ff55e2e3f72c!6m1!1e1?hl=en-US

source: http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/blog/2014/09/mlg-tv-columbus-arena-on-citygate-drive-will-be.html

• Upvote (+1) 2

That looks incredibly small. [most likely because it wasn't set up] Hoping the big- screens are larger and the seating is better in February! I do like the old school stands but they hurt your ass like a son-of-a-bitch.

I hope Puckett gets to cast - he is truly one of the greatest.

EDIT: After a little digging, it seems the venue is just meant to host like 16 teams max and have them all streamed. It's not like a giant venue or anything and wouldnt be worth the trip.

Here's the address.. https://www.google.com/maps/place/2188+Citygate+Dr,+Columbus,+OH+43219/@40.013751,-82.918267,294m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x88388a032eb41e4f:0x6d68ff55e2e3f72c!6m1!1e1?hl=en-US

source: http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/blog/2014/09/mlg-tv-columbus-arena-on-citygate-drive-will-be.html

Looks like it only seats 500, small indeed

Just saw Frost with an Optic tag on it. Anyone know if he ended up joining the Optic squad or if the fomer c9 squad took the Optic sponsorship?

Just saw Frost with an Optic tag on it. Anyone know if he ended up joining the Optic squad or if the fomer c9 squad took the Optic sponsorship?

I would be pretty surprised if they got the optic nation team name without anyone even hearing about it, but that would be cool.  Also kind of interesting because optic was looking to have an optic nation like team in halo, but it was going to be formal on what is currently envy, but i guess formal couldnt do it even thought he wanted too.

This is pretty exciting if it is true, which would be surprising, because optic can only bring more attention to the halo scene, and FiS fits the brand pretty well and is a likable guy.  I like Victory and Hysteria a lot, but the reason i say FiS fits it well is because he is pretty into fitness and is also nasty at halo and he seems charasmatic.  If this really is optics other team and FiS gets on the media grind i can see him being a pretty big personality on twitch and youtube.

The World Championship will probably be in Europe 

If its not at 343 HQ, whats the logic behind it being in Europe? (Not saying it cant happen but havent heard a rumour). I think that Theatre thing they used in Seattle last time would be the obvious place. They need to announce it soon though so people can actually organise a trip

Ohhhh sheeetttt cool. Now I just need to know the address so I can look at near by hotels. Does MLG usually get the near by areas to discount their rooms for events?

Note that the "Arena" is tiny, holds like 150 people max. Its not exactly spectator friendly, just easier for them to produce LAN events in a studio environment 

If its not at 343 HQ, whats the logic behind it being in Europe?

Note that the "Arena" is tiny, holds like 150 people max. Its not exactly spectator friendly, just easier for them to produce LAN events in a studio environment 

So? Still going to be fun regardless and I get see all the great faces of the beyond community. 

Damn it is there seriously no open brackets? That MLG arena looks far too small to host a lot of players so I doubt its open bracket

So lame

So? Still going to be fun regardless and I get see all the great faces of the beyond community. 

Im just warning you if you are expecting a huge arena. Tickets will be hard to come by (which I presume a lot will go to friends/staff of the 16 teams, as well as MLG staff, sponsors and any press), and obviously not a huge amount of the community will go since there are so few tickets, its not really going to be a Beyond gathering. Hotels are not going to offer discounts for a 150 man audience.

Damn it is there seriously no open brackets? That MLG arena looks far too small to host a lot of players so I doubt its open bracket

So lame

Nope, the regionals is just a 16 team tournament to determine which 8 teams go to worlds. Thats it.

MLG Arena = MLG studio in reality. Its not really set up for in person spectators but will be better produced for sure.

I cant believe how hard they are dropping the ball on LAN events. I would have never thought the launch of Halo 5 would be this dead regarding the HCS. The prize pool is great but there is no hype. 

• Upvote (+1) 1