CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Has any of this been uploaded to YouTube yet?

Currently uploading game by game

• Upvote (+1) 3

I was very negative towards Halo 5 today after watching some matches.. I think my kneejerk reaction was to blame Assault Rifles and the spawning loadout.. The more ive pondered its more of a Map design flaw than anything. 

I'm concerned with how this game will play on release.. That's all that can be said on August 7th 2015. We'll let the actual build speak for itself.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So who thought it was a good idea to put a blinking light, the same color as the enemy team, in the game?

Probably the same person who originally put the solar flare in the midship remake

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was very negative towards Halo 5 today after watching some matches.. I think my kneejerk reaction was to blame Assault Rifles and the spawning loadout.. The more ive pondered its more of a Map design flaw than anything. 

I'm concerned with how this game will play on release.. That's all that can be said on August 7th 2015. We'll let the actual build speak for itself.

I definitely can say the same, I just think the meta has morphed with the weapon starts. It's definitely balanced but hella chaotic and hard to track. The Shotgun seems OP and I can certainly see it getting a nerf. 

For me to like this game they need to take out the automatics and nerf the shotty range. Other than that its alright. 

Stopped watching as soon as the final match ended. Thoughts guys? Personally I think the pistols perfect kill time is still too slow compared to how hard it is to use, we need a 4sk which would also make it possible to get 3 kills with one clip, it seems outclassed by nearly any gun you can pick up which is really bad for a utility weapon and is forcing players to team shot in situations where it really shouldn't be necessary. Shotgun is OP, plasma caster is near useless and overshield was getting burned waaay too often, on Fathom I'd like to see a camo where one shotgun spawns and an overshield on the opposite shotgun spawn, and replace the plasma caster with a single shotgun.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Stopped watching as soon as the final match ended. Thoughts guys? Personally I think the pistols perfect kill time is still too slow compared to how hard it is to use, we need a 4sk which would also make it possible to get 3 kills with one clip, it seems outclassed by nearly any gun you can pick up which is really bad for a utility weapon and is forcing players to team shot in situations where it really shouldn't be necessary. Shotgun is OP, plasma caster is near useless and overshield was getting burned waaay too often, on Fathom I'd like to see a camo where one shotgun spawns and an overshield on the opposite shotgun spawn, and replace the plasma caster with a single shotgun.

The pistol against it's current sandbox is worse than the Halo 3 BR against it's sandbox.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

If you think about it these are the only weapons we really seen being used, plus pistol

• Upvote (+1) 5

There is some dust falling off ring 3 on Shrine in H2A that gets me everytime and I always die because of it. @@Vetoed

But but but but ....

IMMMMMERSION

Yeah, it's definitely frustrating when artistic details get in the way of gameplay.

The amount of grenades that bounced back in my face or completely out of the way because of the excessive amount of polygons on surfaces like walls or floors is getting more and more ridiculous with each Halo game released. This is no different.

Opinions so far. OS on 1 minute timer seems to make OS kinda worthless. idk. Maybe its just me, but if it comes up every minute its not as much of a game changer as it has been in past halos. Plus, it seems to get burned really easily if you catch the player in the animation. Idk if they could make it so that the OS drops back down if its not activated, but thats a good idea. I'll agree that pistols may need a buff but that shotgun range definately needs a nerf. And that plasma caster... idk if that should be on any competitive maps. No one used it. lol. 

On a slightly different note, what will the 343 pro team be doing once Halo 5 releases? Will they be tweaking map and weapon spawns for the competitive community like Ghost was doing in Halo 4 or will they be doing something else entirely?

Less enthusiastic after watching this invitational. 

Pros: 

-Fathom looks nice

Cons: 

-Kill times are a little too slow in Halo 5's current state, specifically the magnum. The engagements maybe quicker with Spartan Abilities and sprint, but more than half of those fights end in a stalemate or a clean up.  

-Empire is not a good TS map. Stronghold is the best gametype for Empire imo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you think about it these are the only weapons we really seen being used, plus pistol

Man I got quite a good giggle from that. 

The pistol against it's current sandbox is worse than the Halo 3 BR against it's sandbox.

The reason being that it's perfect kill is way harder to get than the rifles and its average killtime is way slower than every other gun because of how hard it is to use. It being hard to use isn't the problem, its just its kill times (perfect and average) are unproportionate to the amount of skill required to use the gun.

• Upvote (+1) 2

A few segmented thoughts:

Empire is the root of all evil when it came to most of these matches. Fathom flowed so much better and had better matches in Slayer, but I still think Empire would work for KOTH. Map control seemed much more possible on Fathom.

Plasma caster was basically ignored in all of the matches, hoping Empire gets a snipe back.

Higher base movement speed with no sprint for competitive settings would make this feel much, much better, I think. Sprint was kind of shown off as the negative thing it is, outside of a few clutch charges.

OS needs to be activated right on pickup, none of this burn nonsense.

Gunplay skill gap seemed fairly high, you could tell which players were adjusting to the pistol and those that absolutely weren't.

Optic made me sad.

Nerf that shotgun range and the scoped SMG range. There were some stupidly long-range kills with that.

I still think AR/Pistol starts can work if the ARs killtime is raised to about .3. ARs are about ease of use, not power.

EU Halo exists. For reals.

Jimbo is gonna be good at this game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hopefully they swap out that plasma gun for something more useful, it was funny that Bravo sounded so excited when someone was near it in hopes they would pick it up and he could talk about it but no one ever did (expect twice maybe)

I cant wait to play but im not really impressed by the weapons. The SMG range is utterly stunning, and the pistol is so slow its almost useless to use. Beta pistol ftw

The reason being that it's perfect kill is way harder to get than the rifles and its average killtime is way slower than every other gun because of how hard it is to use. It being hard to use isn't the problem, its just its kill times (perfect and average) are unproportionate to the amount of skill required to use the gun.

This is exactly what I was trying to talk about before. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh don't worry I understand. I just find it sad. If anything they should just remove the other rifles from the map so that the pistol is the only utility weapon. That way even if it's too weak everyone is stuck with it. Not one guy having a BR one guy having a DMR.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Hopefully they swap out that plasma gun for something more useful, it was funny that Bravo sounded so excited when someone was near it in hopes they would pick it up and he could talk about it but no one ever did (expect twice maybe)

Which is funny because that gun is a melt machine if you have the slightest idea on how to use it.