CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

It's not too bad. Gives baiting opportunities, probably better in this game rather than being able to sprint In and get it.

You'll be singing a different tune once it happens to you

You'll be singing a different tune once it happens to you

#adapt lulylulylul I won't be putting proper time on this game anyway. Gonna be grinding gaylo 1 once I have a gaff to put proper hours into games again.

#adapt lulylulylul I won't be putting proper time on this game anyway. Gonna be grinding gaylo 1 once I have a gaff to put proper hours into games again.

I don't blame you at all haha

Am I the only one who isn't a huge fan of the scopes. I think if you are scoped in you shouldn't be able to see the rest of the map around the scope. It's not that big of a deal but it bugs me.

Idk. The game doesn't look bad imo, but its hard to really say when all we are seeing is TS on 2 maps and teams that are still pretty new to the game. Shotty is def op in this build. I like the recharge delay when sprinting I've already seen sprinting get multiple players killed. Pistol looks fine, I think the reason its being dropped so often is purely nostalgic. Looking forward to seeing how objs and breakout play before I pass real judgement.

Tried to watch some of that, couldn't get into it. Too many ways to get out of gun battles. Now I'm all for running away, but I'm shit at the game and I don't want to see the pros doing it all the time. Seems to me it allows them to forgo some of the tactics because they have the ability to get out of a sticky situation more easily.

Guarantee the optic boys were more interested in the German beer and ladies than the tournament itself. Good choice by 343 though, give the EU teams the chance to beat a NA team and get that confidence boost.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Idk. The game doesn't look bad imo, but its hard to really say when all we are seeing is TS on 2 maps and teams that are still pretty new to the game. Shotty is def op in this build. I like the recharge delay when sprinting I've already seen sprinting get multiple players killed. Pistol looks fine, I think the reason its being dropped so often is purely nostalgic. Looking forward to seeing how objs and breakout play before I pass real judgement.

They have been playing the game all week. They are dropping the pistol because it's not the best choice. These are professional players that want every advantage they can get to win. It's not nostalgia at all
  • Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Tried to watch some of that, couldn't get into it. Too many ways to get out of gun battles. Now I'm all for running away, but I'm shit at the game and I don't want to see the pros doing it all the time. Seems to me it allows them to forgo some of the tactics because they have the ability to get out of a sticky situation more easily.

Guarantee the optic boys were more interested in the German beer and ladies than the tournament itself. Good choice by 343 though, give the EU teams the chance to beat a NA team and get that confidence boost.

if they want to change halo the tactics in Halo 5 are great.. But they were saying the goal was to get back to that traditional competitive element with Halo.. Which IMO was always: If youre in a bad position, you get punished. Thrusters make for flashy plays, which doesn't bother me at all. I think the Maps are weak.

Os should not be burned if you can't activate it.  It should just be dropped.

This is a great idea.

Did someone just move while looking at the scoreboard? I hope I saw that right, its so annoying when you stop just to look at the scoreboard.

They have been playing the game all week. They are dropping the pistol because it's not the best choice. These are professional players that want every advantage they can get to win. It's not nostalgia at all

My first accidental neg. Deepest apologies. This exactly. Pistol needs to be 0.8 at least or its not worth touching. Too hard to land perfect shots with sprint and thruster and with the br being 1.2(?) It just ain't worth it. Peeps need to stop being biased over the br. It's not h3 and it's practically a single shot in h5.

I'm not sold on this game at all. Idk if it's the AR starts, the maps, or what, but it just doesn't look that great to me. I'm not a fan at all of how dark the maps are with all the bright lighting. It's distracting and after playing the midship remake in the beta I would get a headache from all the bright lights which is ridiculous. Maybe i'll change my mind when I actually play it..hopefully.  :unsure:

My first accidental neg. Deepest apologies. This exactly. Pistol needs to be 0.8 at least or its not worth touching. Too hard to land perfect shots with sprint and thruster and with the br being 1.2(?) It just ain't worth it. Peeps need to stop being biased over the br. It's not h3 and it's practically a single shot in h5.

Haha all good man. Yea the pistol kill time needs to be a lot lower if it's gonna be the primary weapon. As I originally said, if the difference in kill time between the rifles isn't big enough then the pistol's slight advantage is thrown out the window. At this point it's just a harder to use DMR with a bad clip
  • Upvote (+1) 1

It is a burst weapon in H5. It also had rather horrific spread in the Beta. We will see, but Pistol should be the gun that should be buffed.

is thruster intended to be used defensively?

It is a burst weapon in H5. It also had rather horrific spread in the Beta. We will see, but Pistol should be the gun that should be buffed.

i.e. the one you spawn with.

I still think DMR/pistol starts would be better especially if they decide to keep the pistol a 5sk. The AR is just too easy to use and has been dominating these games.

I still think DMR/pistol starts would be better especially if they decide to keep the pistol a 5sk. The AR is just too easy to use and has been dominating these games.

If they do keep 5sk then DMR would be a good choice, but I highly doubt the Magnum stays 5sk after this. There is just no way.

If they do keep 5sk then DMR would be a good choice, but I highly doubt the Magnum stays 5sk after this. There is just no way.

It can be done easily enough.

Ideally they just buff the pistol, but these are the people that nerfed the pistol from the beta even though they knew they wanted it to be a primary weapon. I'm nervous at this point but I do hope they buff it to a 4sk.

Did someone just move while looking at the scoreboard? I hope I saw that right, its so annoying when you stop just to look at the scoreboard.

Yes, that's in.

343 have been listening a lot more, though they're still notorious for meeting many changes only halfway. i expect change, just not the ideal one.