CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Wasn't there supposed to be an announcement yesterday?

Team Liquid announced Unlegit.

Team Liquid announced Unlegit.

I meant a Waypoint Blog.

Unrelated, Spartan just said something about "the Winterfox house" on stream.  :intel:

• Upvote (+1) 1

It is pretty awful, but we (@@FrankTheShow / @@Clicked ) have muscled through it for 2 weeks now. If it's that bad, then don't launch with it.

Agreed. And props to commentators working with the system as is. But muscling through it probably isn't good enough for HCS events (we were all disappointed by 343 vs the intertubes). And not launching w/ the mode would also make an online pro league impossible (and necessitate a delay).

To clarify my hunch, they are delaying HCS as long as possible to minimize use of the current half-assed system while developing improvements-- to at least make it functional, if not loaded with basic spec functions.

Or maybe I'm completely wrong and they plan to keep the spec system as is? Or maybe online pro league isn't in the pipeline?

To clarify my hunch, they are delaying HCS as long as possible to minimize use of the current half-assed system while developing improvements-- to at least make it functional, if not loaded with basic spec functions.

I don't think your hunch is far off, but I don't think they are DELAYING HCS for that, I think they're sticking to a plan that was in place all along.

Forge comes out in December...presumably so does Fileshare...good chance for a lot more content then.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Agreed. And props to commentators working with the system as is. But muscling through it probably isn't good enough for HCS events (we were all disappointed by 343 vs the intertubes). And not launching w/ the mode would also make an online pro league impossible (and necessitate a delay).

Or maybe I'm completely wrong and they plan to keep the spec system as is? Or maybe online pro league isn't in the pipeline?

Spectator Mode is useable (as proven by Beyond's streams), but does have a few minor quirks.

343 definitely doesn't plan on using it for HCS events, outside of replays. If they were to do a broadcasted online Pro League then Spectator is viable, they just need to learn how to actually use it which they evidently don't judging by the Pro Team stream

Spectator Mode is useable (as proven by Beyond's streams), but does have a few minor quirks.

And Hiroshima was a just a stick of dynamite.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Theater mode should be used for online events and offline events should use the same shit they have been for years. If they don't, we're going to have problems.

I covered this in a separate thread I made to help 343i with their HCS events. It fell back a few pages, so I'm not sure if 343i will even see it, but I think you should maybe suggest some things to add to the list.

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/10974-hcs-season-3-dos-and-donts-for-halo-5-and-343is-sake/

So randa is playing with optic right now (even maniac is on, this must be important).  I think that randa would be good for optic considering he grinds and they seem to be lacking that severly, other than maybe assault.

So randa is playing with optic right now (even maniac is on, this must be important).  I think that randa would be good for optic considering he grinds and they seem to be lacking that severly, other than maybe assault.

I agree. Randa would be good for OpTic.

Ryanoob spectated a custom game lobby of Randa in which he was showing Optic different spots/jumps/callouts on Eden  :intel:

Late I guess 

Update: they lost a ctf on truth against Ryanoob,Walshy and two randoms

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ryanoob spectated a custom game lobby of Randa in which he was showing Optic different spots/jumps/callouts on Eden  :intel:

Late I guess 

Hopefully he's their fourth, and they're not fucking with him just to get more game knowledge. *scene from silicon valley*

• Upvote (+1) 1

@ @@Munoz @@Royal2 @@Arkanum @@Ninja @@Mikwen @@Randa @@Naded @@Goofy - I would really appreciate it if you guys took a second to check your DMs, and read/consider what i have to say. 

For any other pro team and top am team who may see this; I'm looking to coach for this upcoming season, instead of trying to compete myself. If you're in need of a very serious option, please consider hearing what i have to say and got to offer. Just hit me back and ill dm you.   

• Upvote (+1) 3

optic + randa just lost to walshy, ryannoob, and two randoms on Truth CTF

edit: just lost to them again on Empire Slayer

• Upvote (+1) 2

@ @@Munoz @@Royal2 @@Arkanum @@Ninja @@Mikwen @@Randa @@Naded @@Goofy - I would really appreciate it if you guys took a second to check your DMs, and read/consider what i have to say. 

For any other pro team and top am team who may see this; I'm looking to coach for this upcoming season, instead of trying to compete myself. If you're in need of a very serious option, please consider hearing what i have to say and got to offer. Just hit me back and ill dm you.   

TL has Elam as coach. NV, WFX, Optic, CLG, & Allegiance are coachless though. 

Hopefully he's their fourth, and they're not fucking with him just to get more game knowledge. *scene from silicon valley*

Randa getting brain raped?

• Upvote (+1) 2

We have a coach, we haven't announced him yet for some reason. We keep saying soon then just never do :D

• Upvote (+1) 4

We have a coach, we haven't announced him yet for some reason. We keep saying soon then just never do :D

@ me 

• Upvote (+1) 1

i really want an eu team to win the HWC

I'd be happy with an EU team pulling top 8 tbh, certainly think we have the talent and teams to achieve it. I also think this game can be quite unpredictable some times and that's not a bad thing, I'm all for an upset during an event, adds some entertainment value and flavour to the show!
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

343 has to understand that you literally only get one shot (moms spaghetti). If people get your game and that shit doesn't work. Its dead in the water. People play the game and if they don't like it

THEY

DONT

COME

BACK

You can't say "esports focus" and not have the esports stuff announced at launch. Its 2015, transparency is all the rage. And 343 is literally the opposite. These guys are quiet everywhere.