CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I agree with Sudd in the fact that a lot of it, at least for many players especially back in the day, wasnt about the money but being able to grind something and feel good about it.  Like wanting to be sick at halo and go to events and meet people and be a part of the community and have dreams of playing on the main stage with other pros.  To me that's what its all about, and i think all this talk about players only doing stuff for the money only takes away from that.  To a degree people need to make decisions that are safe for their future, but at the same time i feel like players should want to be good for the sake of enjoying being sick at halo and having people watch you be sick at halo.

Idk thats just my thoughts on it, like when i think of being pro the money doesnt cross my mind.  Obviously when its you're career that needs to be a much larger factor in your decision making, but even still i want to win because i want to win, not because i want to make money.

Like in Mikwen situation, i would have done what he did even though chig and ninja were his friends, same with what ace did.  First off i believe that people in the community get over it (atleast i hope so) but also because to me its about wanting to win and loving the game and community.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Example,we placed top 8 all season 1 and Noble placed top 8 all season 2 and didnt make finals.

Excellence didnt place top 8 at all and made finals.

If more teams would be given an opportunity, more people on the bubble who cant get off work would still have chance and give more teams a reason to compete for that 9-16 spot which would sell more passes and more req packs which would fund its self and make the game grow tbh

thats why the game was so successful back in h3

It's good to have more teams out there and more opportunities to do well at tournaments, but you're obviously extremely biased ... also the MLG finals were only the top 8 teams (most years), so the argument makes even less sense.   

MLG open brackets will do a lot for the community, I think; we should be more worried about the teams placing 32nd to 256th, rather than the top 9-16 teams, if we really want to build the scene.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's good to have more teams out there and more opportunities to do well at tournaments, but you're obviously extremely biased ... also the MLG finals were only the top 8 teams (most years), so the argument makes even less sense.   

MLG open brackets will do a lot for the community, I think; we should be more worried about the teams placing 32nd to 256th, rather than the top 9-16 teams, if we really want to build the scene.

This one the big one, no one cares about the feelings of top AM players.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think everybody missed the main point of Snipedown's post and started focusing on the personal details he included...

We really need to separate ranked 4s and soloq/duoq. A very large majority of the top players in MM only search as 4s, which is a huge disadvantage to those who matchup vs them solo. If we want the game to grow, the format of the game itself needs to grow to promote competitive integrity. Yeah sure, Radar/AR starts/blah blah blah. We need to separate 4s and soloq/duoq.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think everybody missed the main point of Snipedown's post and started focusing on the personal details he included...

We really need to separate ranked 4s and soloq/duoq. A very large majority of the top players in MM only search as 4s, which is a huge disadvantage to those who matchup vs them solo. If we want the game to grow, the format of the game itself needs to grow to promote competitive integrity. Yeah sure, Radar/AR starts/blah blah blah. We need to separate ranked 4s and soloq/duoq.

Except people are gonna care about party restrictions when the gameplay itself is bad. I guarantee a large majority of causal players don't even know about party restrictions. Hell I didn't even know Halo 3 had them and that game had the toughest parameters for it. Sure it would help the people that actually understand things like this but gameplay is way more important.

Just to clarify, what Mike 'Snipedrone' said towards EG was his own words. He told us about what happened a couple hours ago and I just moaned at him, he's always up for a argument. True its embarrsing we lost to 343i when they were playing on those huge TVs, but live and learn.

I learnt that we got dumped on ;)

Tell him I'll still bet him any amount of money 

• Upvote (+1) 8

Anyone care to spill the deets on the UMG Breakout tournament today? Twitter tells me Team Liquid won with an asterisk-- and there some less than happy campers...

so TL lost to Roy's team (Roy, Stellur and I forget the other two), but Stellur is from Arizona and based on their laws, UMG DQ'd him and his team from the tournament so TL went through to face WFX plus Snip3down

• Upvote (+1) 4

Anyone care to spill the deets on the UMG Breakout tournament today? Twitter tells me Team Liquid won with an asterisk-- and there some less than happy campers...

Team Liquid (with Monster) lost to Randa, Roy, Stellur, and Suspector. But after the loss they got notified that Roy's team was DQ'd because Stellur is from Arizona and wasn't allowed to play because of gambling laws. Liquid seemed suprised, but some people on Twitter were speculating that Monster submitted a ticket to UMG to notify them about Stellur. No idea what actually happened. Liquid beat WFX (with Snipedown) in the finals. Liquid said they shouldn't have progressed hence the asterisk.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Participating in tournaments is gambling?

Yea pretty sure it was a free tournament so idk how it is gambling. That is just what I saw people saying on Twitch and Twitter.

Will do! You guys better get practicing. EU's on its way

Stop being so likeable EU scum.....You're toying with my emotions.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Kory (Symbolic) has confirmed C9 is officially gone from Halo. Focusing on putting more into their LoL team. Probably best for 'em.

Said "soon" in regards to team announcement. Probably that Complexity rumor.

i really want an eu team to win the HWC

I've always been a Snipedown fan, so I'll always root for EG, but I'd like to see Epsilon or Infused take some top 3 spots.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I love that there's a rumor that Naded tried ditching his team twice to join nV.

Ditching his team to join one that has Pistola? The same Pistola that gave us "suck a dick Brett?" The same Pistola that Naded accused of always being shady?

:weback:

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I love that there's a rumor that Naded tried ditching his team twice to join nV.

Ditching his team to join one that has Pistola? The same Pistola that gave us "suck a dick Brett?" The same Pistola that Naded accused of always being shady?

:weback:

Naded's response

britney-spears-like-money.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3

some people on Twitter were speculating that Monster submitted a ticket to UMG to notify them about Stellur.

I hear lots of stories about Monster being shady. Didn't the sudds get him banned from competing in season 1 for being on multiple teams?

I really hate these laws that a select few states have regarding gaming. It's not gambling when the outcome is decidedly skill.

Regardless, he was not supposed to be playing. UMG could get in legal trouble.

• Upvote (+1) 1