CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

3 Years of work and we get this spectator mode, when there ARE MANY spectator modes out there that they can just copy( like they did with Sprint etc), this is just embarrassing.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm just surprised they're trying to use spectator mode at all. Do they really think that having player outlines is worth bringing in all of the drawbacks of this mode?

Its advantage it it is a cheap set up. All they need is an Xbox. 

.....why.

I get that theyre advertising the product thats up for grabs but thats a serious disadvantage with top level play.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Its advantage it it is a cheap set up. All they need is an Xbox. 

For grassroots tournaments, you're absolutely right. But this is ESL. They have every necessary resource at their disposal, not to mention an official partnership with 343. Let's also not forget that ESL has successfully done the 8 box streaming solution at previous events. I can only assume that someone at 343 insisted that the event use H5's new toys-- despite their being semi-broken.

Guys, 343 is playing on 65" TV's, while standing, and they all have mad delay. I can't imagine how hard it is to try and adjust to something like that. It sucks because only a small percent actually know this. What an extreme disadvantage

They showed the giant tvs right before the 343 player interviews. I thought they were just for watching at the venue.

For grassroots tournaments, you're absolutely right. But this is ESL. They have every necessary resource at their disposal, not to mention an official partnership with 343. Let's also not forget that ESL has successfully done the 8 box streaming solution at previous events. I can only assume that someone at 343 insisted that the event use H5's new toys-- despite their being semi-broken.

Is everyone at the ESL UK venue? I thought it was just the pro team there and everyone else is playing from home?

Damn I can only imagine, but gotta please the sponsors I guess. I wasn't really taking this even that serious though, just hoping for some HCS news.

Is everyone at the ESL UK venue? I thought it was just the pro team there and everyone else is playing from home?

Ahh, I joined the stream late. You may be right. In that case, I guess they'd have no choice but to use spectator mode. 

Guys, 343 is playing on 65" TV's, while standing, and they all have mad delay. I can't imagine how hard it is to try and adjust to something like that. It sucks because only a small percent actually know this. What an extreme disadvantage

Extreme disadvantage for both teams right? Unless only the pro team is playing standing up and the EU teams are on monitors. If that was the case, then LMAO.

EDIT: EU teams are playing from home? Why did they even travel over there then?

Seriously?  wtf..... one would think that they would.....nevermind.

Extreme disadvantage for both teams right? Unless only the pro team is playing standing up and the EU teams are on monitors. If that was the case, then LMAO.

It's just the pro team dealing with these circumstances

• Upvote (+1) 2

And pro team literally can't complain because you can't talk shit bout the sponsors lol.

EDIT: EU teams are playing from home? Why did they even travel over there then?

Maybe to make it more fair. EU players have a high ping to USA so this way 343 pro team doesn't have a big advantage.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Maybe to make it more fair. EU players have a high ping to USA so this way 343 pro team doesn't have that big of an advantage.

Now you're reaching...

• Upvote (+1) 1

So each team plays 343 in this first "round" of the playoffs and acquires points. Then what?

Maybe to make it more fair. EU players have a high ping to USA so this way 343 pro team doesn't have a big advantage.

What? They're playing from the UK.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What? They're playing from the UK.

That's what I meant. So now EU players don't have to play on USA host. 

From the past few online events we have hosted and streamed, the spectator mode is.. Very limited.

It is not ideal whatsoever for an eSports broadcast, it really seems like it was designed for nothing more than to watch your friend play matchmaking.

There needs to be a broadcaster mode patched into the current system, where ATLEAST 2 people can automatically spectate a game where both people are seeing the same thing at the same time.

The current system reminds me of trying to watch a YouTube video with your friend on Skype at the same time. "Ok you ready?, okay, 3-2-1.. Play"... And hope the other person started the spectate at the same time you did.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The coalition updated their spectator mode pretty quickly after launch.

I hope 343 hears the complaints and fixes the delay/sync as well as allowing people to join the party as a spectator (up to 2).

They also need to add more ui elements. Weapons, damage, health, loadout, and a mini map with dynamic player icons. This shouldn't be too difficult to add.

Let's just hope 343 cares enough.

• Upvote (+1) 3

How many times have we had to "wait for spectator mode to catch up" and cut to live feed? The only advantage to spectator right now is player outlines, why bother?

The coalition updated their spectator mode pretty quickly after launch.

I hope 343 hears the complaints and fixes the delay/sync as well as allowing people to join the party as a spectator (up to 2).

They also need to add more ui elements. Weapons, damage, health, loadout, and a mini map with dynamic player icons. This shouldn't be too difficult to add.

Let's just hope 343 cares enough.

It would be great to have the mini map so you can see in real time other teammates during a push or spawn trap. We should also be able to see the players on each team so we can easily see how many players are alive, with their weapons/powerups. Player info would be nice to see at the bottom of the screen as well as their name tag instead of that dpad icon + name.

The built in stream delay that cannot be removed is going to kill tournaments since we can hear the crowd go crazy after nice plays and a match, all 15+ seconds before anything even happens since its not live.