CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Ninja, Ace, Prototype and Monster are teaming today. Unlegit didn't wake up in time or something

• Upvote (+1) 1

Prototype is a monster lol, has anyone been watching him stream at all.  All around hes a good streamer imo, pretty interactive with his chat while also providing some sick gameplay.  He was playing with some guys from liquid today and he was playing very very well from what i saw.  Would be interested to see if liquid gives him a chance, not to mention he has teamed with chig before.  IMO that he is the best free agent right now, but what do i know.

He kind of teamed with Ninja before too.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd rather TL pick up Prototype over UnLegit. I'm just not sold on him yet, and I think Zeke fits the team personalities better.

Mackeo expressed some interest in competing last night. It's nice to see more and more players returning, and he was humble enough to run a bunch of games with us. His friend, The Furious Moo, is a beast as well.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Pretty shocking that zeke hasn't been snagged yet, but teams will be falling apart here soon anyway. Stuff is likely already happening.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Wonder if Randa will keep the Elevate sponsorship, and Suspector. It'd be interesting to see who they pick up at that point - Prototype & Aries? 

Mackeo expressed some interest in competing last night. It's nice to see more and more players returning, and he was humble enough to run a bunch of games with us. His friend, The Furious Moo, is a beast as well.

as predicted the return of mackeo is nigh

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd rather TL pick up Prototype over UnLegit. I'm just not sold on him yet, and I think Zeke fits the team personalities better.

Whats Unlegit's playing style never seen him play 

Pretty shocking that zeke hasn't been snagged yet, but teams will be falling apart here soon anyway. Stuff is likely already happening.

Halo pros have a long history with teaming with the same ppl even if there are better options available 

I don't usually like posting my own tweets here, but thoughts on this idea? I heard Ninja and Unlegit talking about this and thought it would be a pretty smart move, depending on how hard that would be to implement? 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Wonder if Randa will keep the Elevate sponsorship, and Suspector. It'd be interesting to see who they pick up at that point - Prototype & Aries?

This would be dope

I don't usually like posting my own tweets here, but thoughts on this idea? I heard Ninja and Unlegit talking about this and thought it would be a pretty smart move, depending on how hard that would be to implement? 

Definitely agreed.

In games like LoL or Halo where teamwork is almost required for winning, separating a person's ranking when they search as 4 versus when they search individually is important.

When League of Legends launched, it didn't have ranked queues, but we did have hidden elo ratings for normal games (which were often shared at the discretion of the devs).  The entirety of the top 100 were players who searched with pre-made 5s all the time.  None of the top rated players searched solo.  (I know this because I was top 500, ranked 314th at the end of beta).  While I was definitely one of the better players in beta in terms of knowing how to win, I wasn't carrying games with mechanical skill and probably wouldn't have won nearly as many games if I searched solo compared to searching with a party of 4 friends who would listen to what I told them to do.  I won from having teammates who would follow my instructions.

It's similar in Halo...since I'm not actually good at aiming and shooting, but objective routes and knowing where to be or control in KotH or Strongholds matches, I'm much better.

There's an enormous difference between how to win playing solo (Carry yourself) and how to win playing with a team (rely on them to listen to you)

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Definitely agreed.

In games like LoL or Halo where teamwork is almost required for winning, separating a person's ranking when they search as 4 versus when they search individually is important.

When League of Legends launched, it didn't have ranked queues, but we did have hidden elo ratings for normal games (which were often shared at the discretion of the devs).  The entirety of the top 100 were players who searched with pre-made 5s all the time.  None of the top rated players searched solo.  (I know this because I was top 500, ranked 314th at the end of beta).  While I was definitely one of the better players in beta in terms of knowing how to win, I wasn't carrying games with mechanical skill and probably wouldn't have won nearly as many games if I searched solo compared to searching with a party of 4 friends who would listen to what I told them to do.  I won from having teammates who would follow my instructions.

It's similar in Halo...since I'm not actually good at aiming and shooting, but objective routes and knowing where to be or control in KotH or Strongholds matches, I'm much better.

There's an enormous difference between how to win playing solo (Carry yourself) and how to win playing with a team (rely on them to listen to you)

Ya this needs to happen or there needs to be some unranked playlists besides Warzone where the maps are similar and the settings are similar.  I feel like when i dont have people to play with the only playlist worth while is FFA, and im going to be honest that playlist, for me atleast, is incredibly frustrating and stressful, especially at high ranks.  I basically quit the ffa playlist so now the only thing i have to do solo is risk getting bad team mates in 4v4 or play warzone, which for me arent the best options.

I'd rather have a social slayer playlist where i can still practice on the arena type maps, but not worry about my rank and the team mates i get.  Also, possible a lot of the people who go into arena without a mic would go play the casual playlist so people arent screwed over in the Arena playlist.

Not sure how big the population is do to this though. If creating these playlist made the wait time like it was with MCC, I'd rather leave it the way it is. It's a great idea though! Especially those who are aspiring to become professionals and are looking for teams to scim against.

Easy to say when you treat it as a game, and not your livelihood. Let's come up with a real life example. Ignore the idea of games, just read the scenario and tell me what you would do, in real life, with your own money and future family to support. 

You have a job that pays you $200K a year. You're fairly happy in it and enjoy what you do. You're considered GREAT at that job and the top of your field. 

A job opportunity comes up where you get graded based on performance. It's a job you know you would like more, not that you don't like your current job. The job has potential to pay you $150K a year, but it's not guaranteed. You really are not sure what you'll get paid. Could be $75K, could be up to $150K. You may end up making your old salary, but it's not quite a guarantee like you're making now. 

Are you leaving your comfortable job - that you enjoy - are recognized as great at - with a generous salary that you are guaranteed, to go to a job that you know you would like more, but are unsure of what you would be paid, if you'd still be the TOP of your field, and are uncertain of the outcome?

I'd lock up my future doing something I don't hate while making a lot of money that is all but guaranteed.

Well Since I have lived that situation, I can accurately answer.  I do have a family, just wife and kid. And I took a job for 80k/year and worked it for a year, and after that year despite making a few friends at the job and significantly more money, I left the job to go back to the company I used to work for where 2 of my brothers work and I make under 60k/year but the work is something I enjoy much much more. I know this isn't something a lot of people would do, but I am very happy with the decision.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Watching AR's and Radar's in competitive really is dumb. What has competitive Halo become.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Watching AR's and Radar's in competitive really is dumb. What has competitive Halo become.

AR has 100% tap accuracy.

That alone makes it better than CSGO :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

AR has 100% tap accuracy.

That alone makes it better than CSGO :)

I guess that sucks for CSGO?

I agree about radar, but AR would be fine if it was nerfed a bit.

Less range, less power. On par with H3 maybe?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I agree about radar, but AR would be fine if it was nerfed a bit.

Less range, less power. On par with H3 maybe?

I don't mind the AR, but just seeing it in competitive is just not entertaining when you watch someone spray n pray an entire clip into someone. I wish it were just Pistol starts.

• Upvote (+1) 1