CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Its so obvious that Maniac is burnt on halo, watching him play halo vs watching him play COD , I wonder if Optic placed outside top 8 would he consider a team change, (probably not with him living in the scuff mansion)but still an interesting thought

I don't think he is burnt on Halo. I think it's more a lack of confidence in his team. He probably doesn't feel like he can win with his current roster so he comes off as disinterested and lacking motivation. He was a monster in H2A and was very underrated his whole career. It would be foolish for him to switch to COD when he has a legitimate chance at being a top Halo player and winning big money at HWC. 343 desperately needs to outline HCS season 3. This would allow players on the fence, such as maniac, to decide if it's worth competing throughout Halo 5. It's not even the team makeup that's Optic's issue. It's their severe lack of motivation to grind Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I wonder if ole Neighbor regrets joining 343 after seeing this prize pool.

Could potentially make more in 1 year competiting than working for 5 years at 343 working full time.

If neighbor wasn't at 343, do you think he could take the place of someone on EG or the 2nd best team? Like actually get someone kicked off to make room for him.

Boss Nasti and Naded went to get some hot fudge sundaes.

But can you prove that?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Could potentially make more in 1 year competiting than working for 5 years at 343 working full time.

If neighbor wasn't at 343, do you think he could take the place of someone on EG or the 2nd best team? Like actually get someone kicked off to make room for him.

I don't see that happening Neighbor might be great at the game but that doesn't mean much he was considered the best player joining Instinct in 2009 and that didn't work out.

I don't think Roy likes teaming with him and they are better off with Lethul anyways.

CLG  could drop cloud and I could see APG's team droping Mikiwin for him

The most likly scenario would be him teaming with Hysteria and Bestman  and forming a TD squad. Hes the kind of player that only works with certain types of teams/players

Yes, we need some HCS info soon. As for Maniac, if he really wants to switch to CoD, he should. Honestly I don't see the appeal, seeing as he's a proven Halo Player and H5 has lots of money and support going towards eSports, but whatever.

So its looking like Aries to Optic, UnLegit to Liquid, and Frosty to the team formerly known as C9? Not really sure how I feel about any of those moves.

Also saw that excellence is listed as Coby, Sargoth, Cpt Anarchy, and Lifestyle

That team was confirmed awhile ago

Only 11 teams for tomorrow's cup? Pretty low...

Seems like UnLegit or Frosty are going to Liquid.

Kinda disappointed in the fact I wanted prototype as their forth but UnLegit has looked pretty beastly at this game from what iv seen

I think Itz So Frosty has been really good & underrated recently. I feel like he would be a good pickup for Optic. Also, What do you all think about Winterfox?

In Flamesword's video he said he's grinding halo offline because he is trying to get clips for a montage? I think he's officially gone full youtube.  Consistent Halo youtuber's are great for the Halo scene but having an Optic team that is in contention on championship Sunday would help tournament viewership so much. For that reason want Optic to take it seriously and get a team that can compete. Optic being the laughing stock of competitive Halo may be entertaining but it's really not good for the scene. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Uploaded five new videos, three of which are gameplay breakdowns(prototypes, #2 and #3 I didn't do that great a job on imo). Take a look https://www.youtube.com/user/areallygoodnoob/videos

Hilarious. I had no idea a barrel even spawned at light rifle lmfao.

High sensitivity helping with your movement? I'm playing on 7 and I find movement much easier than my friends are finding it.

Did I miss something but where does @@Chig end up then?

Guessing he can't play in the Go4 for some reason hence the "Team Liquid with Chance". 

Pretty sure Chig is sticking on Liquid, and he's been running a lot of games with Ninja recently.

Edit: Beat by the man himself  :ghost:

What is Ninja talking about? How can rosters be locked if there are no tourneys yet? 

So I was thinking more and more about this.

Like, why would Ninja care whether he can lock the team now or in a few weeks when Season 3 stuff is announced.

Well maybe, because once he can lock a team, that team can't be changed til the allowed point in time.

So maybe, there's a possibility of another person considering leaving Liquid?

I mean, it sorta makes sense. Ace left Optic for Ninja/Chig/Mikwen cause he most likely believed he'd be competing for the #1 spot.

But, after Mikwen has left, maybe he has less confidence in his new 4th?

Add that on top of the fact he's probably seeing the Flamesword/Assault/Maniac team flounder at this point in time, and he may be considering a return.

Idk, but fun to think about.

When #Intel resources are low, speculations arise

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Some team changes were going on in randas stream yesterday, he kept muting his mic so he could talk to him guys. I suspector a team change :kappa:

I bet he could easily be on a top team, but I can't imagine he regrets joining 343 for a second. Personally I would not trade a stable job (and what could easily be a huge resume builder if he stays working for game devs) for a chance at making some huge money.

I also never buy scratch tickets or play the Lottery so maybe I'm way off base. To me it wouldn't make sense to regret taking a job over a chance at big money. I have no idea what the pro team gets paid but I would guess it is halfway decent at worst.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, Ace isn't leaving. He's captain of TL, and his teammates actually play the game on a consistent basis.

There is a cup today in like an hour and TL is playing in it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I see winterfox doing stupidly well this season. Looking forward to seeing them play today. Besides Being good at the game, They all still really enjoy the game, and are entertaining to watch in stream. They love the grind. I think #winteriscoming.

Prototype is a monster lol, has anyone been watching him stream at all.  All around hes a good streamer imo, pretty interactive with his chat while also providing some sick gameplay.  He was playing with some guys from liquid today and he was playing very very well from what i saw.  Would be interested to see if liquid gives him a chance, not to mention he has teamed with chig before.  IMO that he is the best free agent right now, but what do i know.

• Upvote (+1) 2