CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Ran into Flamesword in Arena, and lets just say that he is very average at the game

Honestly, Mike seems like a great dude, and I enjoy watching his youtube videos, but I don't see his team competing with EG or CLG or APG's team regardless of who they pick up. I think it makes sense for him to do what is going to earn him money, and I don't know what his deal is, but he obviously has some sort of sponsorship or something with Activision/Bungie to promote Destiny. I wish him luck in the future, but I've never thought of him as a top tier player and viewed him as the weakest one on SQ to begin with. Skip forward a few years, with mediocre placings, and I just don't see a future for him in Halo. 

The Maniac thing is a little harder to understand. In H2A he was pretty beastly, and was probably in the top 10-15 easily of talent. I think that going to Optic has made him very conflicted on his feelings about Halo. I think he likes all the publicity and attention he gets from being a part of Optic, and his videos really are pretty fucking entertaining. Dude has a funny personality, and I enjoy watching them so I am glad that he has started doing them. At the same time, he's competitive and I think he sees that regardless of their 4th, Optic Halo just isn't going to compete for first place. This is where it gets really tough though. I've watched him play Call of Duty and even in pubs he does good, but not great. Pro players shit on everyone, and I mean shit. Watch Crim or Scump play (kinda unfair because they are legit gods) but then watch Maniac play. Obviously he hasn't put in as much work as other pros and could improve over time, but I just don't see him being able to switch and get picked up by a great team, (especially since I don't think he wants to move out of that ballin ass house, and Optic can't have two teams anymore) so he would have to find sponsors and all kinds of shit that would make it even more difficult. Also, many TOP AND I MEAN FUCKIN TOP Halo players (Snipedown, Ogre, Pistola) tried switching to COD and realized it wasn't as easy as they thought. Formal and Enable are the only two that have stuck (And I guess you can count Crim) but they were younger than Maniac by a considerable amount, and I'm a firm believer that FPS skill deteriorates, if even just slightly, with age. At the level he is trying to compete at any loss of skill is going to hurt him quite a bit. Honestly, I would be kinda upset if he left for COD and I don't think its the right move for him. I think his best bet (which more than likely isn't going to happen) is to realize that as much as he loves being a part of Optic, he needs to look for a better squad. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Having seen you around in a bit dude! You might not remember me though, haha. I used to run FFAs with you and a bunch of known guys/pros back when FFA tried making a come back in Reach.

HCS is essentially pushing for what MLG had with CoD and what CSGO and LoL does overseas... it's the future of gaming. I'm just going to miss the sold out open tournaments with over 250 teams. Just me being an old man I suppose.

2863603-42-30403896.jpg

Anyway, this. I attended some events back in the H3 days and although I never made it farther than LBR5, it was still some of the greatest times I've had. I remember having to spam F5 when buying a pass for Orlando '09 Nats because they would sell out almost instantly. These were the days man. The online cups in H2A didn't do it for me and we were actually getting decent placings before it eventually kind of died. It may have been different if the game wasn't broke to hell but either way, nothing will ever beat sold out 256 team tourneys.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's because there are none other than what the pros have said on stream.

That is the only reason why everyone knows Formal is not coming back. Pros have said stuff on stream. Pros know things we do not, hence the "It's not public information" from HaloBrah.

Panda was right. Formal was originally on our team until about October 20th and we found out he couldn't compete. Therefore we had to get a new player and org. I can't neccesarily say why at this time but he did want to play 100%.

Thanks for clearing things up APG

Panda I was just skeptical of your claims I like to see proof before I can agree with someone not "he say she say" 

Since the schedules are not out yet I just assumed you made things up and that there was a possibility he could still compete 

Now that there is clarification I guess the Formal topic will come to an end

• Downvote (-1) 1

Ran into Flamesword in Arena, and lets just say that he is very average at the game

Flamesword  may not be the best or flashiest player, his strength was always in his communication and leadership If he can find solid teammates with chemistry i think they can place well in h5 if they learn the game. Aries was a good fit for them on H2A and I hope he joins them again really messed up how he got dropped tho 

Honestly, Mike seems like a great dude, and I enjoy watching his youtube videos, but I don't see his team competing with EG or CLG or APG's team regardless of who they pick up. I think it makes sense for him to do what is going to earn him money, and I don't know what his deal is, but he obviously has some sort of sponsorship or something with Activision/Bungie to promote Destiny. I wish him luck in the future, but I've never thought of him as a top tier player and viewed him as the weakest one on SQ to begin with. Skip forward a few years, with mediocre placings, and I just don't see a future for him in Halo. 

The Maniac thing is a little harder to understand. In H2A he was pretty beastly, and was probably in the top 10-15 easily of talent. I think that going to Optic has made him very conflicted on his feelings about Halo. I think he likes all the publicity and attention he gets from being a part of Optic, and his videos really are pretty fucking entertaining. Dude has a funny personality, and I enjoy watching them so I am glad that he has started doing them. At the same time, he's competitive and I think he sees that regardless of their 4th, Optic Halo just isn't going to compete for first place. This is where it gets really tough though. I've watched him play Call of Duty and even in pubs he does good, but not great. Pro players shit on everyone, and I mean shit. Watch Crim or Scump play (kinda unfair because they are legit gods) but then watch Maniac play. Obviously he hasn't put in as much work as other pros and could improve over time, but I just don't see him being able to switch and get picked up by a great team, (especially since I don't think he wants to move out of that ballin ass house, and Optic can't have two teams anymore) so he would have to find sponsors and all kinds of shit that would make it even more difficult. Also, many TOP AND I MEAN FUCKIN TOP Halo players (Snipedown, Ogre, Pistola) tried switching to COD and realized it wasn't as easy as they thought. Formal and Enable are the only two that have stuck (And I guess you can count Crim) but they were younger than Maniac by a considerable amount, and I'm a firm believer that FPS skill deteriorates, if even just slightly, with age. At the level he is trying to compete at any loss of skill is going to hurt him quite a bit. Honestly, I would be kinda upset if he left for COD and I don't think its the right move for him. I think his best bet (which more than likely isn't going to happen) is to realize that as much as he loves being a part of Optic, he needs to look for a better squad. 

I doubt Hecz would kick Maniac out of the house if he competes in cod or finds another Halo team,Optic fans love him and hes helping to build the brand Hecz realizes this too. You watch his channel so I know you see all the support he gets. Mboze was dropped from Optic Nation at the start of AW and competed under Prophecy until mid summer but was still allowed to live at the house and maintain the optic brand.

Btw those Halo pros who did compete only did for COD Champs i'm positive if Snipedown would have played the full year like Formal and Enable he would be just as good as them  

I know that money talks and winning is also nice(granted he would be part of creating what most people would consider a top 3 team at worst), but I personally would choose the game I enjoy playing more. And I think it's a very real possibility that the halo world championships could end up being worth more than cods.

Easy to say when you treat it as a game, and not your livelihood. Let's come up with a real life example. Ignore the idea of games, just read the scenario and tell me what you would do, in real life, with your own money and future family to support. 

You have a job that pays you $200K a year. You're fairly happy in it and enjoy what you do. You're considered GREAT at that job and the top of your field. 

A job opportunity comes up where you get graded based on performance. It's a job you know you would like more, not that you don't like your current job. The job has potential to pay you $150K a year, but it's not guaranteed. You really are not sure what you'll get paid. Could be $75K, could be up to $150K. You may end up making your old salary, but it's not quite a guarantee like you're making now. 

Are you leaving your comfortable job - that you enjoy - are recognized as great at - with a generous salary that you are guaranteed, to go to a job that you know you would like more, but are unsure of what you would be paid, if you'd still be the TOP of your field, and are uncertain of the outcome?

I'd lock up my future doing something I don't hate while making a lot of money that is all but guaranteed.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If season 3 starts in December, shouldn't they release the information soon?

I mean people that want to attend events that aren't pros have to book stuff and schedule everything out too.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yeah but he rides a motorcycle and clears Destiny raids.

• Upvote (+1) 1

ghostayme, cpt anchory and sargoth got goosed on strongholds lol

Thought you meant actual goose, dissapoint.

I don't think I've even played this map once. I was staring at this picture for like 5 minutes trying to figure it out thinking it was Fathom. :wutface: 

Is it a Breakout map?

Flamesword  may not be the best or flashiest player, his strength was always in his communication and leadership If he can find solid teammates with chemistry i think they can place well in h5 if they learn the game. Aries was a good fit for them on H2A and I hope he joins them again really messed up how he got dropped tho 

I don't think there is room on a team for a player like him if they plan on being a top team. That roll is what a coach should do, which is why a lot of people on here suggest he just coach Optic.

I don't think I've even played this map once. I was staring at this picture for like 5 minutes trying to figure it out thinking it was Fathom. :wutface:

Is it a Breakout map?

Sorry but what map are you referring to? All I see is a link to the guiness page and a rebroadcast of a 6 hour livestream.

Hearthstone pulling 200k viewers alone on twitch, im hoping HWC can get to 25k minimum.

The game has 30mill plus players and its Blizzcon should be pulling more IMO regardless i'm enjoying the stream 

The game has 30mill plus players and its Blizzcon should be pulling more IMO regardless i'm enjoying the stream 

Lots of people watch through the virtual Blizzcon ticket, so twitch numbers a lower.

I don't think there is room on a team for a player like him if they plan on being a top team. That roll is what a coach should do, which is why a lot of people on here suggest he just coach Optic.

He has been the same player since h3 and Reach and been consistent in both games

There are far more talented players who can't say they have done the same

I think a lot of ppl  hate on him cuzz his skill, but he knows his role and has experience 

Sorry but what map are you referring to? All I see is a link to the guiness page and a rebroadcast of a 6 hour livestream.

Woops quoted the wrong post. Meant to quote the one with a link to a map with some callouts.

He has been the same player since h3 and Reach and has won in both games

There are far more talented players who can't say they have done the same

I think a lot of ppl  hate on him cuzz his skill, but he knows his role and has experience 

I'm talking about how halo is now. There is no room for a player who is less skilled like him on a team to compete with all the teams stacked slayer heavy.

I don't know if this is the place to post this but if anyone who cares about Halo who is diamond or higher in team arena wants to play add me.  Pajama 88.  I'm sick of no one having a mic in matchmaking.

To make this relevant to the topic, what's going on with Randa? Whose he teaming with?

I don't know if this is the place to post this but if anyone who cares about Halo who is diamond or higher in team arena wants to play add me. Pajama 88. I'm sick of no one having a mic in matchmaking.

To make this relevant to the topic, what's going on with Randa? Whose he teaming with?

Randa is still on eLevate with Frosty, suspector, and Unlegit, officially speaking.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Flamesword is an interesting player. He never really shines on an individual level but he's been consistently near the top when it comes to 4v4s. You can't say his teammates carried him there when he's won in both H3 and Reach and got 2nd at nationals in H3. I think he's just a smart player and not much else.

If you watch him, his communication is what stands out the most. He micro-manages the shit out of his team telling each person where to go and what to do. Kinda like Tsquared did for Str8 back in the day. That's an invaluable thing but honestly that's exactly what Towey does for EG nowadays. Flamesword's playstyle is like that of an in-game coach. He's not awful, but he never stands out. He is a good leader and the teams he is on generally are known for good teamwork/consistency and it's obviously in part due to him. But to me, unless he steps up his individual game I feel he would have A LOT more to offer as a coach.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I view Flamesword as a poormans Ogre 2. They both excel with teammates more talented than they are on the sticks. It's their ability to lead and their discipline in game that makes them so unique compared to other pros.  

Edit: In hindsight, I could have worded this better, but I do still view these 2 as players that make their teammates better that have exceptional talent.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 3