CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Team with me in the Cup this Sunday. 

I know what you mean. There were a lot of players that weren't grinding scrims and gamebattles who just liked to LAN and play matchmaking. Once the tournament came around they would get some last minute team of good players together and destroy the organized teams on LAN. There were a lot of them but with this new format it just can't happen. More security for the pro teams. Open brackets are bo3 gauntlets, nobody wants to play in them. But to me - that's what its all about! 

Add me and lets game :)

and i couldn't agree more with what youre saying.. That old format i will always be praying for lol but its just nostalgia at this point..Same thing as me wishing there was no FKN SPRINT lol

Made an account just to say this - there are strong rumours in the CoD scene that Formal is actually switching back to Halo. Supposedly the increase in prize pool convinced him that pursuing Halo could be worthwhile.

Supposedly some kind of announcement tomorrow, regarding the Optic team. If formal comes back.... a storm will ensue.

I am so confused about what is the HCS season 3 and what is HWC is it one in the same? Will there be a season 3? 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Made an account just to say this - there are strong rumours in the CoD scene that Formal is actually switching back to Halo. Supposedly the increase in prize pool convinced him that pursuing Halo could be worthwhile.

I've noticed this on optic Reddit. Everyone there seems to be having a panic attack about Formal not touching BO3 by now and he hasn't even played the beta for it. Formal already said that he enjoys playing Halo more than CoD in general, but it would be weird for him to leave now when just a week ago he got verified on Twitter.

I am so confused about what is the HCS season 3 and what is HWC is it one in the same? Will there be a season 3? 

From what we can tell they are separate things. HCS will function mostly the same way it has, HWC will be a global tournament presumably pitting the top 8 HCS teams against the top 8 teams from the rest of the world.

• Upvote (+1) 1

HCS is essentially pushing for what MLG had with CoD and what CSGO and LoL does overseas... it's the future of gaming. I'm just going to miss the sold out open tournaments with over 250 teams. Just me being an old man I suppose.

2863603-42-30403896.jpg

im the same way man, I loved events. Only went to 3 during the Halo days, so I was hoping there'd be more around.... this is heartbreaking to hear. I don't wanna compete from my house, I wanna compete at an event and shake the other teams' hands when the game is over...

im the same way man, I loved events. Only went to 3 during the Halo days, so I was hoping there'd be more around.... this is heartbreaking to hear. I don't wanna compete from my house, I wanna compete at an event and shake the other teams' hands when the game is over...

Same if I had to choose between Events and LCS format Id go with events hands down. Just looking at that picture really makes me wish I couldve gone to 1 of these :(.

Wait what, you didn't know you've never posted before? :lxthul:

Nah I thought I made a post in a section about introducing yourself and in the find local players thread, but my account says otherwise.

that will make the teams very interesting if Ola-Heinz-Apg go with Formal leaving Mikwen without a team.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is AMA video H3cz did Formal ask him if he will stay by his side when he plays at a halo event 

He reply's at 15:48 "If you wanna take a couple of months off to practice with your new Optic Nation Team for Halo you are allowed to" he goes on to say he will stand by formal and try to make it work somehow. Keep in mind this is back in Aug but the fact that Hecz said "your new Optic Nation team" leads me to think that at some point there was a actual roster. Who knows tho they could still be working something out 

I think it would be cool if a Optic Nation team formed with Formal, Enable and Clayster with Maniac joining them.

• Upvote (+1) 1

As if Formal would compete in halo with the current optic roster. He likes to win.

As if Formal would compete in halo with the current optic roster. He likes to win.

He wouldn't be on the current optic roster he would get his own team Optic Nation

Keep in mind this is back in Aug but the fact that Hecz said "your new Optic Nation team" leads me to think that at some point there was a actual roster.

APG, Heinz and Pistola have all confirmed that they were supposed to be on OpTic with Formal. That is why they left their teams after Season 2.

Pistola actually bought Black and Green shoes (that he showed on stream) because they are the OpTic colors.

Formal can't join the team now because of conflicts between COD and Halo's schedules. If he were to compete in both it would not work and it is more likely for him to get more money in COD than in Halo.

As a side note to do with APG, Pistola and Heinz's team, Heinz said on stream today that he is confident that on Tuesday they will announce their fourth and org (which we all know by now, but this time it would be official).

The last time we got a confirmed announcement date was a few weeks ago also on a Tuesday. Heinz said on stream today that he is confident about this Tuesday being the date. The only reason we didn't get the announcement the last time was because they found out about the COD/Halo schedule conflicts, so the deal/team with Formal never went through.

Considering there are no schedule conflicts with Mikwen "Beanie Man" I am excited to see the announcement Tuesday. (If all things go smoothly)

• Upvote (+1) 1

He wouldn't be on the current optic roster he would get his own team Optic Nation

Provided there are no org restrictions for number of teams competing, maybe.

Formal can't join the team now because of conflicts between COD and Halo's schedules. If he were to compete in both it would not work and it is more likely for him to get more money in COD than in Halo.

Conflicts between COD and Halo Schedules? Show me where your getting this information from there is nothing on any solid dates yet for tournaments or events. All that has been published so far is that there is a $3mill COD World League with a Pro division that starts its tournaments in Jan 2016 and ends in Fall 2016. No word on MLG/UMG 2/4/5k events or anything else, not to mention we know nothing about HCS except that it takes place Dec-March. 4 months of Halo vs 3/4 a year of COD i'm sure something could be worked out 

I know I'm always the debbie downer in this thread, I know. I really don't WANT to be and I'm sorry if I'm killing anyone's vibe, but guys...

...you REALLY need to stop getting your hopes up lol.

CoD is in a really good place, and these players are easily top 1-2 in the game. I highly doubt anyone is gonna pass up easy money to risk losing in both.

Maybe someday, maybe if the next CoD isn't very good, but definitely NOT during BLOPS3. The hype is behind the game. Expect a massive viewer boost, which means more sponsors, more money, etc.

Trust me, I don't WANT to admit all this, I WANT Halo to be bigger, but I'm just trying to be realistic :/

• Upvote (+1) 4

I know I'm always the debbie downer in this thread, I know. I really don't WANT to be and I'm sorry if I'm killing anyone's vibe, but guys...

...you REALLY need to stop getting your hopes up lol.

CoD is in a really good place, and these players are easily top 1-2 in the game. I highly doubt anyone is gonna pass up easy money to risk losing in both.

Maybe someday, maybe if the next CoD isn't very good, but definitely NOT during BLOPS3. The hype is behind the game. Expect a massive viewer boost, which means more sponsors, more money, etc.

Trust me, I don't WANT to admit all this, I WANT Halo to be bigger, but I'm just trying to be realistic :/

I agree with what your saying but the COD season is longer almost year Halo is just a few months DEC-March Formal, Clay and Enable are good enough to make an NA top 8 team to qualify for HCS  and then just focus the rest of the year on COD 

This is AMA video H3cz did Formal ask him if he will stay by his side when he plays at a halo event 

He reply's at 15:48 "If you wanna take a couple of months off to practice with your new Optic Nation Team for Halo you are allowed to" he goes on to say he will stand by formal and try to make it work somehow. Keep in mind this is back in Aug but the fact that Hecz said "your new Optic Nation team" leads me to think that at some point there was a actual roster. Who knows tho they could still be working something out 

I think it would be cool if a Optic Nation team formed with Formal, Enable and Clayster with Maniac joining them.

That video was before the CoD stuff with Activision and everything was all announced. I really don't see any chance at all of him coming back to halo and I don't think it matters either.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't know how much this matters but Formal did say on his stream that he liked Halo more than CoD.  Obviously he enjoys both and has had success in both, and CoD seems to be the most lucrative option for him, so it doesnt surprise me that he will probably stick with CoD, but i also think he would really like to compete in Halo.  I would love to see him come back and i think everyone else would as well, so he will have the community behind him if he decides to compete in both.

Whatever he wants to do i support, but i wouldn't say there is no chance he competes in both.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Formal to Optic Halo and Maniac to Optic Gaming Kappa

• Upvote (+1) 1