CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Still no fourth for ola heinz apg?

its unofficially mikwen. Just hasen't been annoumced

Speaking of Maniac. I watched him stream a bit of H5. He needs a lot of practice. He was getting destroyed and did not even know what the Hydra was or how to use it. He was acting very disinterested in the game. Someone ask if he even likes the game and he said ehh mixed feelings but he could not stop bragging about how good blops 3 is in one of his vids. I want to be a fan of his but I don't see any Halo dedication. 

I share the same sentiments as you do. I would rather him just go to CoD and gain success there than to have a miserable time competing in game he clearly has no passion for any longer. It's disingenuous and it makes Halo 5 look worse than it actually is to fans of Maniac. The 1.5m dollar tournament is enough incentive for him to stick it out, I guess.

I share the same sentiments as you do. I would rather him just go to CoD and gain success there than to have a miserable time competing in game he clearly has no passion for any longer. It's disingenuous and it makes Halo 5 look worse than it actually is to fans of Maniac. The 1.5m dollar tournament is enough incentive for him to stick it out, I guess.

I believe he should go as well. The 1.5m dollar tourney isn't good enough incentive if he isn't gonna play. It's as close in grasp as it is to you or I. He doesn't even have a team and not one of them even play the game lol.

I believe he should go as well. The 1.5m dollar tourney isn't good enough incentive if he isn't gonna play. It's as close in grasp as it is to you or I. He doesn't even have a team and not one of them even play the game lol.

To be fair, Assault has been grinding as of late. Flamesword has also been playing recently, but he doesn't stream or advertise Halo 5 like the other pros have.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Completely the opposite. Large scale open bracket tournaments are a dying format, especially when there are a large variety of Console shooters, and eSports titles as a whole nowadays.

Pro Leagues undoubtedly draw in much more hype for eSports in the modern day. LCS, CoD World League (previously MLG Pro League), Smite Pro League, etc.

eSports are becoming more about spectatorship and insane competition than mass competition. Top 8 teams competing every single week create new storylines for people to follow and talk about, and a consistent viewer base can form, instead of once every month or so where we have to sift through dozens or hundreds of crappy teams at a LAN Tournament that might even have technical issues.

Not to forget we also have an insane number of online competitions: ESL, PGL, GBs (MLG) and of course Beyond Tournaments, it's much easier to make a name for yourself online, and then try to move to a LAN format.

This isn't to say that LANs and Open Tournaments should die (they are very important for things such as World Championship qualifiers, etc.), but they should not be at the forefront of HCS, or any league for that matter. MLG demonstrates it perfectly when they have weekly Pro League matches and then conclude their Season with either an Open Bracket or Invitational LAN Tournament to allow the storied rivalries to conclude that have developed over the previous weeks.

Pro League > LAN Tournaments.

I just feel like there was a large amount of players and teams that took no part in streams, forums, whatever all year and then they would still go to the tournaments if they were within 1-4 hours away (driving)..I just think consistent tourneys around the US that were all high-stakes worked well. 

I dont know any old halo players who want to be playing League matches online once a week lol.. Idk maybe i am just trying to bring back 08/09 too much. 

But to say there's too many esports options to have an open format, i dont really get that. I used to see h3, rainbow six, madden, GoW, CoD, all at live, mlg tourneys with 256 halo squadrons..

with that said, i want to compete

• Upvote (+1) 1

with that said, i want to compete

Compete in online tournaments, reach Champion in game, and impress people.

Compete in online tournaments, reach Champion in game, and impress people.

haha thanks ,  but no need to worry about me  ;)

haha thanks ,  but no need to worry about me  ;)

Team with me in the Cup this Sunday. 

I just feel like there was a large amount of players and teams that took no part in streams, forums, whatever all year and then they would still go to the tournaments if they were within 1-4 hours away (driving)..I just think consistent tourneys around the US that were all high-stakes worked well. 

I dont know any old halo players who want to be playing League matches online once a week lol.. Idk maybe i am just trying to bring back 08/09 too much. 

I know what you mean. There were a lot of players that weren't grinding scrims and gamebattles who just liked to LAN and play matchmaking. Once the tournament came around they would get some last minute team of good players together and destroy the organized teams on LAN. There were a lot of them but with this new format it just can't happen. More security for the pro teams. Open brackets are bo3 gauntlets, nobody wants to play in them. But to me - that's what its all about! 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Team with me in the Cup this Sunday.

I know what you mean. There were a lot of players that weren't grinding scrims and gamebattles who just liked to LAN and play matchmaking. Once the tournament came around they would get some last minute team of good players together and destroy the organized teams on LAN. There were a lot of them but with this new format it just can't happen. More security for the pro teams. Open brackets are bo3 gauntlets, nobody wants to play in them. But to me - that's what its all about!

new format? Is this all hypothetical or are we actually getting shit stormed with this 'league' stuff?

new format? Is this all hypothetical or are we actually getting shit stormed with this 'league' stuff?

HCS is essentially pushing for what MLG had with CoD and what CSGO and LoL does overseas... it's the future of gaming. I'm just going to miss the sold out open tournaments with over 250 teams. Just me being an old man I suppose.

2863603-42-30403896.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 3

HCS is essentially pushing for what MLG had with CoD and what CSGO and LoL does overseas... it's the future of gaming. I'm just going to miss the sold out open tournaments with over 250 teams. Just me being an old man I suppose.

2863603-42-30403896.jpg

I miss the old format as well. This top 8 or top 16 teams just doesn't do it for me. The am teams and talent from H2 and H3 were rich, and placing top 32 back in the 256 team tournaments felt like an accomplishment for a lot of people. Watching which am teams made it out of losers 8 or w/e was always a thrill to me, even if it was a team like Chasing Victory who would get 50-2'd by Final Boss. I couldn't tell you why, but for some reason I had rooted for Dookie Blasters..

The top 12 teams were HUUUUGE. FB, Carbon, Nice Like Rice, Str8, The Agency, Icon, 5k, Perfect Balance, and the fan favorite Perfect Storm.

Even the teams from 20th-32th were full of talent. Victorious Secret, Active Rush, Vicious, AntiMatter Time2Prove etc..

It's crazy how I remember these names and teams when none of them accomplished anything similar to what Final Boss or Carbon, but because I was a hungry competitor I took interest in the players who I could relate to or would be my competition.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Are there even call outs yet for 4v4 play? If so, is there somewhere i can see them?

Havent played any 4's yet, just been on that FFA champion grind. Probably could put me down as online F/A tho. Probably be done for that if the squad was right. I do plan to attend some lan events, if possible after the new years, if that matters.

Are there even call outs yet for 4v4 play? If so, is there somewhere i can see them?

Havent played any 4's yet, just been on that FFA champion grind. Probably could put me down as online F/A tho. Probably be done for that if the squad was right. I do plan to attend some lan events, if possible after the new years, if that matters.

I've been trying to pick up callouts too. Only way is to watch streams so far I guess. Would be cool if HCS did what they did in H2 and kind of in h2a with a couple minute breakdown of the maps with the callouts.

I've been trying to pick up callouts too. Only way is to watch streams so far I guess. Would be cool if HCS did what they did in H2 and kind of in h2a with a couple minute breakdown of the maps with the callouts.

My team and I use the majority of the ones that are on the bottom left of the screen with a few changes and it's been working really well. Though it would be cool if we could get some official competitive call outs.

Edit: Wow I just realized this was my first post.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Surprised no one posted this yet. Looks like Frosty has left Elevate.

I don't think he should be too down yet. No events have even been announced. Besides, are pro teams even scrimming? I know there's 8s, but that's pretty different.

My team and I use the majority of the ones that are on the bottom left of the screen with a few changes and it's been working really well. Though it would be cool if we could get some official competitive call outs.

Edit: Wow I just realized this was my first post.

Wait what, you didn't know you've never posted before? :lxthul:

Made an account just to say this - there are strong rumours in the CoD scene that Formal is actually switching back to Halo. Supposedly the increase in prize pool convinced him that pursuing Halo could be worthwhile. 

• Upvote (+1) 3