CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Obviously, and to be honest I am normally awake at the times that he streams. I'm just saying that if your goal is to build a viewer base, and you know, actually make streaming profitable, you should stream at peak hours. I don't know what Ace's motivations are. I was just using him as an example of a pro who streams regularly.

Ace's  response to peak hours 

• Upvote (+1) 1

optic maniac streaming Blops III

One of the CoD Pro's just asked him if he's switching and his response was "uhhh...I don't know".  He certainly seems to be considering it.

optic maniac is a halo pro

Walshy was playing Fallout 4.

Is he going to go pro in Fallout 4?

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Walshy was playing Fallout 4.

Is he going to go pro in Fallout 4?

i have no idea what you are saying

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

i have no idea what you are saying

I think he is getting at you were advertising a CoD pro (until further notice he's a former Halo pro) playing CoD. No bias, just saying what I feel he was saying.

I think he is getting at you were advertising a CoD pro (until further notice he's a former Halo pro) playing CoD. No bias, just saying what I feel he was saying.

never said any of that

• Upvote (+1) 1

It would really sting if Maniac left for COD. One could argue that he was the best player not on EG/CLG in H2A.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It would really sting if Maniac left for COD. One could argue that he was the best player not on EG/CLG in H2A.

Maniac clears up the whole cod thing in a video he made a few days ago check it out he says hes not switching to COD

Maniac makes hints about switching to COD mostly because, I assume, the majority of his Youtube viewers are Optic Children, who get excited hearing him say that. It would be an incredibly stupid move for him to switch to COD. 

he has it made in the shade and he knows it

82k (dedicated) youtube subs since march ain't too shabby

either he's smart enough to recognize his cod viewers and exploit it or optic coached him up

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maniac makes hints about switching to COD mostly because, I assume, the majority of his Youtube viewers are Optic Children, who get excited hearing him say that. It would be an incredibly stupid move for him to switch to COD. How would that work with Optic? He won't be good enough to make it on either of their teams, at least not immediately, and who can say whether he'll even be good at all. He has to make the climb again which is harder now than it was when Enable and Formal hopped on COD. Not to mention we're about to have a 2 million dollar tournament in Halo, a game he's VERY good at. If his team would just give a shit and grind at least a LITTLE bit like the other top teams are, then Optic would be a top 4 contender. But instead, Flamesword and Maniac spend their time recording videos of themselves driving Crimsix's car.

Halo 5 is a new game there has not been a single HCS event yet to show who is a top 4 contender Flamesword has been grinding halo hes just not streaming it last night he was playing with formal till early in the morning, Assualt has been playing pro 8s and has been streaming too the game has not even been out yet 4 2weeks further more those videos of themselves driving Crims car around provide them with an income you could basically say every pro should quit their real life jobs and just grind halo all day 

Halo 5 is a new game there has not been a single HCS event yet to show who is a top 4 contender Flamesword has been grinding halo hes just not streaming it last night he was playing with formal till early in the morning, Assualt has been playing pro 8s and has been streaming too the game has not even been out yet 4 2weeks further more those videos of themselves driving Crims car around provide them with an income you could basically say every pro should quit their real life jobs and just grind halo all day 

I'm a higher rank than both of them and I really don't play that much. I just think that professional Halo players should be playing the new Halo game a lot more than they have been.

I think Maniac switching would be lucrative for him just based on youtube money alone. He could probably pull together a squad that would make more money than he would playing with flamesword and not practicing.

I'm a higher rank than both of them and I really don't play that much. I just think that professional Halo players should be playing the new Halo game a lot more than they have been.

Lets be honest here The term Halo professional is a bit of a joke the players on EG are the only ones making bank. Each player made about  40k playing h2A according to esports earning. CLG players under 22k. That doesn't include the unknown amount  players make from twitch and salaries(if they get paid) It makes almost no sense for players to spend 24/7 grinding halo. Clearly the guys on optic realize this which is why they focus on youtube content more then actually gaming. They are more like Professional YouTubers that compete competitively in Halo. The recent prize pool may make them grind more but until word is out on how the season will play out I doubt they will change their ways 

http://www.esportsearnings.com/games/384-halo-2-anniversary/top_players

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Lets be honest here The term Halo professional is a bit of a joke the players on EG are the only ones making bank. Each player made about  40k playing h2A  with Lethul making the most that year according to esports earning. CLG players under 22k. That doesn't include the unknown amount  players make from twitch and salaries(if they get paid) It makes almost no sense for players to spend 24/7 grinding halo. Clearly the guys on optic realize this which is why they focus on youtube content more then actually gaming. They are more like Professional YouTubers that compete competitively in Halo. The recent prize pool may make them grind more but until word is out on how the season will play out I doubt they will change their ways 

http://www.esportsearnings.com/games/384-halo-2-anniversary/top_players

Word doesn't have to be out on how the season will play out, the prospect of a 1.5+million dollar tournament should be enough. The fact that serious money only comes from serious dedication and skill should be motivation to play, not to slack off. I know and respect that Maniac/FS make a bunch of money from their Youtube videos and am not suggesting they stop doing that, but they definitely could dedicate more free time to Halo.

The fact that serious money only comes from serious dedication and skill should be motivation to play, not to slack off.

otivox4d6ac9o5qu8qkq.jpg

Didn't the optic guys just move into a new house? Probably interrupted their grind a bit.

Speaking of Maniac. I watched him stream a bit of H5. He needs a lot of practice. He was getting destroyed and did not even know what the Hydra was or how to use it. He was acting very disinterested in the game. Someone ask if he even likes the game and he said ehh mixed feelings but he could not stop bragging about how good blops 3 is in one of his vids. I want to be a fan of his but I don't see any Halo dedication. 

• Upvote (+1) 5