CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

By them I was referring to the general public. People like you or I. What goes on in the hcs has zero effect on us so why does anyone here care?

On regards to the Pros Ninja is the perfect example. He's been doing that for like five years and has gotten nowhere so now you want more people to waste their time trying to get nowhere?

It's a total waste of their time and effort. They're better off continuing to do what they do and only care about these games when there's money on the line.

Dude made about 20k from streaming since August and 20k from gaming in October..wtf are you talking about?

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Ninja would have been a lot bigger. Remember when Destiny beta came out? He was doing really good. Then boom he had to get that eye surgery. He couldn't stream for over a month. Killed his stream.

Then he recovers right before MCC. And the fucking game doesn't even work.

Dude just got unlucky. And that's life.

• Upvote (+1) 5

You lost me when you said passion.

I get what you're trying to say but no one really sees the game like that. It's just what they're supposed to say. It's a means to make money and that's it. Take the money away and watch all the "passion" that these dudes have go with it. Don't be fooled man

There are plenty of other recreational activities that people take on and continue even when there's no money in it cause they love it, make no mistake that if there was no money in it none of these dudes would be dedicating this much time and effort towards it.

This is nothing more than a means to make money

Sweeping generalizations and vague argumentative points are usually how I make my points too.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Random observation:
So what's with competitive Halo and twins? Like, there's an absurd amount of twins who all play Halo.
I have two friends that are ridiculously skilled at Halo, and, well, they're twins. Sure, communication must be more natural if you're a twin, but why Halo specifically?

Random observation:

So what's with competitive Halo and twins? Like, there's an absurd amount of twins who all play Halo.

I have two friends that are ridiculously skilled at Halo, and, well, they're twins. Sure, communication must be more natural if you're a twin, but why Halo specifically?

Because Halo is perfect for splitscreen gameplay. It's not too 'hardcore' or 'heavy' aesthetically and story-wise, so it's 'family-friendly' in that sense. It's also heavy on communication and co-ordination, and it's slow enough to not take too seriously.

Thanks 343.

You lost me when you said passion.

I get what you're trying to say but no one really sees the game like that. It's just what they're supposed to say. It's a means to make money and that's it. Take the money away and watch all the "passion" that these dudes have go with it. Don't be fooled man

There are plenty of other recreational activities that people take on and continue even when there's no money in it cause they love it, make no mistake that if there was no money in it none of these dudes would be dedicating this much time and effort towards it.

This is nothing more than a means to make money

I'm confused, no one's passionate about their job?
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Elumnite has changed his gamertag to "Lunar Elumnite". Don't know if this has to do with him being a manga nerd, (his alt account is called "Pure Moonlight" or if Lunar eSports is a thing.

Random observation:

probably because they played splitscreen a lot and practiced with each to hell in the early days

I'm confused, no one's passionate about their job?

Didn't say that, what I said was I doubt that any of them are passionate about this game but rather it was a hobby that they saw the opportunity to monetize so expecting them to do all this extra stuff that has little potential to make them money is pointless.

If ninjas really pulling that in then good for him. Nothing I said in reference to him was hate by any means.

Why should he have to cater to you? He's allowed to stream when he wants to stream.

Obviously, and to be honest I am normally awake at the times that he streams. I'm just saying that if your goal is to build a viewer base, and you know, actually make streaming profitable, you should stream at peak hours. I don't know what Ace's motivations are. I was just using him as an example of a pro who streams regularly.

Didn't say that, what I said was I doubt that any of them are passionate about this game but rather it was a hobby that they saw the opportunity to monetize so expecting them to do all this extra stuff that has little potential to make them money is pointless.

So youre just assuming other people's personal opinions? I get where you're coming from but you are coming off a bit radical.

:lol: lol

Damn. That sucks what he had surgery for but that is pretty funny. I experienced the exact same thing and it just feels disgusting afterwards for awhile.

Damn. That sucks what he had surgery for but that is pretty funny. I experienced the exact same thing and it just feels disgusting afterwards for awhile.

What did he have surgery for? :holmes:

Obviously, and to be honest I am normally awake at the times that he streams. I'm just saying that if your goal is to build a viewer base, and you know, actually make streaming profitable, you should stream at peak hours. I don't know what Ace's motivations are. I was just using him as an example of a pro who streams regularly.

does he stream on mlg.tv?

maybe that's why i never noticed him...

What did he have surgery for? :holmes:

Deviated septum. Basically he can't breathe through his nose because he presumably broke it at some point and the center wall is so off center its blocking air flow. Although it does occur naturally for some people and sometimes other complications can cause it to be something they'll recommend. Pretty surprised he was tweeting afterwards though. I was high as a kite for days or asleep after I got out of surgery. Couldn't even think about doing anything but sitting up watching TV lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

optic maniac streaming Blops III

What does this have to do with Halo?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

does he stream on mlg.tv?

maybe that's why i never noticed him...

Hes been on twitch since season 2 of HCS I always see him on around 10pm est or later

• Upvote (+1) 2

Deviated septum. Basically he can't breathe through his nose because he presumably broke it at some point and the center wall is so off center its blocking air flow. Although it does occur naturally for some people and sometimes other complications can cause it to be something they'll recommend. Pretty surprised he was tweeting afterwards though. I was high as a kite for days or asleep after I got out of surgery. Couldn't even think about doing anything but sitting up watching TV lol

Oh I think I might have that. I had some rhinoplasty surgery a while ago because of breathing problems and it didn't help.

That being said let me know what kinds of things you'd like to see whether it be game plays, breakdowns, tages etc. The whole of winterfox halo has some stuff planned anyway that you guys will see soon but we really do want to be more active and do our part to the increase of everyone including ourselves.

It would be nice if you could do some breakdowns like set ups, map positioning, etc stuff Like T2 pro tips I need to start "Fragging like a pro" in H5 :ghost:  But in all seriousness If and your team made videos like that I would 100% watch it 

I have two friends that are ridiculously skilled at Halo, and, well, they're twins.

Didn't know the Sudds have friends  :kappa: