CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

By them I was referring to the general public. People like you or I. What goes on in the hcs has zero effect on us so why does anyone here care?

On regards to the Pros Ninja is the perfect example. He's been doing that for like five years and has gotten nowhere so now you want more people to waste their time trying to get nowhere?

It's a total waste of their time and effort. They're better off continuing to do what they do and only care about these games when there's money on the line.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Ninja

Naded

Heinz

Chig

Victory

APG

Lethul

Snipedown

Roy

Ola (when he actually streams)

Randa

Spartan

Ace

Arkanum

Ryanoob

These guys are great streamers and they interact with their chat. And there's def more pro streams I've never been to that are probably good as well (like Frosty, Shooter, etc.)

You could literally add (when he actually streams) to 90% of these.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It doesn't benefit the pro's what happens with the game or HCS ? Well thats just not true at all.

If Halo 5 got big (if) then the people playing the game would increase obviously. In this modern age, most people even the younger players will know that there is probably some Pro tournaments going on. They will get watching them, then the viewers on Twitch increase.

The number of people buying REQ packs increase which raises the prize pool the pro players are playing for. That obviously will benefit them greatly.

These pro's can then attract these knew players and new viewers into their streams. These people could become fans and donate or sub. Which again is a benefit.

Is their anyone out there making good quality Halo content on Youtube? Pro's could take advantage of this and make even more money.

I get you point about the viewers been low so there is no real point. Why make a youtube video if its only going to get 1k views? See here's the thing. Its a grind. The Halo community needs to basically flood the internet with Halo content and attract every new player we can, advertisements basically. 

Look at Ninja for an example. He's been on a grind for years. He's been pulling 3k viewers easily since Halo 5 came out. Its not by chance he's getting them. He streams 5 days a week for 8/10 hours. He interacts with his stream all the time. He does give aways. He entertains his audience. You can be sure he's attracted some of his H1Z1 viewers into his Halo streams, maybe even some got the game then. 

Basically viewers = Money. We cant get in viewers if they have no content to watch or no quality streams to watch.

If HCS pulls bad numbers you can be sure Microsoft wont chuck another million dollars at this game or maybe not any Halo ever again. Will this still not benefit the Pro's ? Of course it will. They will have nothing to play for.

Its not as easy as you say not every pro player has a personality like Ninja, a few of them seem dull as a rock when you enter their streams. Donations and Subs really depends on how likable the streamer is and if text to speech is on.  There is lots of halo 5 content on youtube already warzone/campaign gameplay etc. Competitive halo is a very small scene pros can grind all they want and still go nowhere look at Ace youtube channel he streams daily and uploads videos all the time but his view count is tiny.  The only pros making youtube money are the people on optic halo and they make more money off vlogs then actually playing. It should not only be the pro players job tho to build up the scene if 343 wants halo 5 to be a successful esport then they need to start featuring players on their youtube channels and tweeting out streams. I think beyond actually has more power then someone like ninja in terms of generating sales since ppl visit this site for content. 3k viewers is really insignificant compared to how much Halo 5 actually sold. Pro players have little or no impact on sales or REQ packs. I positive ppl buy packs just to get cool stuff. 

Out of that entire list, only Ninja, Naded, Snipedown, and Roy stream at least semi-regularly and actually interact with chat / are entertaining.  And even there, Ninja is kind of exhausting after a while, and Naded is incredibly un-self-aware, complains in-game, and is way too focused on donations (that "begging" vibe you get from a lot of Twitch streamers).  I honestly find myself watching Gamesager (?!?) more than any of the pros lately

Ace streams almost every night but from like midnight to 8am. That's another point, try to get on a regular streaming schedule, when people are actually awake.

Out of that entire list, only Ninja, Naded, Snipedown, and Roy stream at least semi-regularly and actually interact with chat / are entertaining.  And even there, Ninja is kind of exhausting after a while, and Naded is incredibly un-self-aware, complains in-game, and is way too focused on donations (that "begging" vibe you get from a lot of Twitch streamers).  I honestly find myself watching Gamesager (?!?) more than any of the pros lately

Ninja

Naded

Heinz

Chig

Lethul

Spartan

These 6 stream almost every day AND are constantly interacting with their chat.

APG

Snipedown

Roy

Ola

Randa

Ace

Ryanoob

Arkaknum

These 8 stream irregularly, but some of them go on big grind streams (like APG with 24 hour streams) AND constantly interact with their chat.

It's like you are guys are upset they have lives outside of streaming.

Not everyone is able to stream every day because not all pros stream as a full-time job. 

And not everyone has the personality for Twitch, like Ogre2. Ogre2 is a pro who would rather focus on playing the game instead of creating a 'twitch personality'. He doesn't care about asking for donations, subscribers, what have you.

That may not be your cup of tea, but you can't expect them to change just because you don't like how they stream.

That's another point, try to get on a regular streaming schedule, when people are actually awake.

Why should he have to cater to you? He's allowed to stream when he wants to stream.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

By them I was referring to the general public. People like you or I. What goes on in the hcs has zero effect on us so why does anyone here care?

On regards to the Pros Ninja is the perfect example. He's been doing that for like five years and has gotten nowhere so now you want more people to waste their time trying to get nowhere?

It's a total waste of their time and effort. They're better off continuing to do what they do and only care about these games when there's money on the line.

If people don't care, it doesn't exist. Pretty simple.

• Pros - should care about the quality of the product, should care about cultivating the community as that is how they get to sustain their passion (not profession).
  • Community - should care about the health of the wider community and encourage (maybe even create) positive opportunities for all tiers.

Halo has had it far too easy back in the day and this was very clearly shown when MLG stopped pulling it up by it's boot straps. Just because someone else has come along and started hand feeding the community again doesn't give people an excuse to slack off. There have simply been far too many opportunities missed because people couldn't be arsed making the effort over the years. You say Ninja hasn't 'got anywhere' and yet he's the only active Halo pro who is truly living off his own back in his gaming career (his passion, take that in for a second before you start posting salaries), not because of who he is but because he stuck at it and built a following.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Why should he have to cater to you? He's allowed to stream when he wants to stream.

If a pro is streaming then it is acceptable to assume that they are trying to garner some sort of profit. I doubt any of the Halo pros stream just to appease their fans or out of some act of kindness. They want to make money/spread their reputation. If they want to be successful at this then they should absolutely be consistent about streaming. You can choose to look at it as catering to the viewer but a better way to look at it is he is maximizing viewers. They don't have to of course, but I do not see how you can argue that random, inconsistent streaming is better than a set schedule. If so, please enlighten me. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Out of that entire list, only Ninja, Naded, Snipedown, and Roy stream at least semi-regularly and actually interact with chat / are entertaining.

lethul streams just as much as those four if not more so than a couple of them. Source: in his chat just about everyday. He can also be quite entertaining and interacts with his chat quite a bit. He's a much different type of streamer than the ones you mentioned in that he doesn't do the whole "sub hype" thing or act incredibly overjoyed by donations but I don't see anything wrong with that. Let's just say he hasn't built one of the most loyal fanbases in halo(the cummies) for no reason.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

lethul streams just as much as those four if not more so than a couple of them. Source: in his chat just about everyday. He can also be quite entertaining and interacts with his chat quite a bit. He's a much different type of streamer than the ones you mentioned in that he doesn't do the whole "sub hype" thing or act incredibly overjoyed by donations but I don't see anything wrong with that. Let's just say he hasn't built one of the most loyal fanbases in halo(the cummies) for no reason.

RISE
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Not sure if this has been said yet, but FiS just told Ninja that 50% of REQ pack sales go towards crowdfunding. Definitely a lot higher percentage than I thought it would be.

I talked about this a bit in the last episode of HCS Now. What do you think about Breakout being used as a match tie breaker? 

I talked about this a bit in the last episode of HCS Now. What do you think about Breakout being used as a match tie breaker? 

I don't really think a gametype with totally different settings should decide the outcome of two teams that are neck and neck in a totally different game. Doesn't really make any sense at all

• Upvote (+1) 7

fair enough, he must be streaming at times that I'm not on Twitch

Not sure if this has been said yet, but FiS just told Ninja that 50% of REQ pack sales go towards crowdfunding. Definitely a lot higher percentage than I thought it would be.

how does he know that though?

pls 343, if thats the case, please fucking tell us

Ogre 2 isn't a great streamer in terms of interaction however when he gets a full party his stream definitely becomes entertaining to watch. I personally think that halo streamers in general have been doing an incredible job with balancing competitive and sub/viewer play. Most pros do a great job of interacting with chat.

Everyone is always saying the pros don't do anything or don't make content but the truth is, if you wanna see halo, watch the stream. Most of them don't feel like sharing their personal life with people only to be criticized.

It's up to the viewers to perpetuate what's good about halo, all this forum has been the last month is just people complaining about the state of halo. We ARE the halo community. Stop being such scumbags and appreciate the good things about it. Play, have fun, support the competitive scene. Voice your opinions constructively. That's what it was about when I joined this forum, let's continue that.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Out of curiosity is there a delay in the voice audio for orge2s stream for anyone else? I can't watch his stream at all because there is a noticeable delay on anything someone says and no other streamer has it. I don't get how he gets so many views if everyone is getting this delay

Out of curiosity is there a delay in the voice audio for orge2s stream for anyone else? I can't watch his stream at all because there is a noticeable delay on anything someone says and no other streamer has it. I don't get how he gets so many views if everyone is getting this delay

its like 1 or 2 second lag, I wouldn't really call it un-watchable. You'll just hear him say "Dammit" or "got double teamed" and then a second later he dies

• Upvote (+1) 1

If people don't care, it doesn't exist. Pretty simple.

• Pros - should care about the quality of the product, should care about cultivating the community as that is how they get to sustain their passion (not profession).
  • Community - should care about the health of the wider community and encourage (maybe even create) positive opportunities for all tiers.
Halo has had it far too easy back in the day and this was very clearly shown when MLG stopped pulling it up by it's boot straps. Just because someone else has come along and started hand feeding the community again doesn't give people an excuse to slack off. There have simply been far too many opportunities missed because people couldn't be arsed making the effort over the years. You say Ninja hasn't 'got anywhere' and yet he's the only active Halo pro who is truly living off his own back in his gaming career (his passion, take that in for a second before you start posting salaries), not because of who he is but because he stuck at it and built a following.
You lost me when you said passion.

I get what you're trying to say but no one really sees the game like that. It's just what they're supposed to say. It's a means to make money and that's it. Take the money away and watch all the "passion" that these dudes have go with it. Don't be fooled man

There are plenty of other recreational activities that people take on and continue even when there's no money in it cause they love it, make no mistake that if there was no money in it none of these dudes would be dedicating this much time and effort towards it.

This is nothing more than a means to make money

• Downvote (-1) 8

As stated above the delay is so small it doesn't take away from my enjoyment in the slightest. I imagine not many people care too much about knowing he dies a second early on occassion since its mostly just matchmaking.

Snip

Does this mean we are back on the Halo is awesome hype train? This forum switches so often I lose track.

Seriously though, the forum would be kind of boring if everyone just circle jerked about how great Halo is. The point of the forum is discussion, so you should expect more criticism than praise. 

Also, it is up to us to perpetuate Halo OUTSIDE of these forums. This is the exact place to critique.

• Downvote (-1) 1

how can you say ninja has gotten nowhere? Sure his placings are not what they want but he has built up a huge fan base and makes a money/living off of streaming. Enough that he doesn't have to get a second job to support himself.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

its like 1 or 2 second lag, I wouldn't really call it un-watchable. You'll just hear him say "Dammit" or "got double teamed" and then a second later he dies

Eh to each his own I guess. If he is the only person streaming I'll watch but if any of the other pros are streaming the delay alone makes we watch those are his. Does anyone know if he is trying to fix it?