CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Mind linking me to that? I don't suddenly see them saying they're open to that after how much it was defended for H4 and H5.

You remember what I'm talking about. It might have been a question about spartan abilities in general, but someone said they would consider it, specifically for competitive settings.

(Posted prematurely.)

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You remember what I'm talking about. It might have been a question about spartan ab

I don't remember that, hence why I'm asking if you have a link to it so I do remember it.

Too many members of this scene just show very poor character. Very disheartening sometimes. Makes me question how much time and energy I want to put into supporting the scene. feelsbadman

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really don't think they were trying to "Make a stand". They were already down like 3-0 in Breakout, and just did it for shits and giggles. 

Yeah it seemed like they just knew they were going to lose then needed to find something as a cop out.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't remember that, hence why I'm asking if you have a link to it so I do remember it.

I could find a link maybe tomorrow. I don't have time tonight to sift through his post history and twitter from the last eleven months. Too much stuff to finish for tomorrow, unfortunately.

A ton of people have been saying these last few months that there's no chance of any abilities being removed, but I thought they were just exaggerating instead of not having seen the post.

Yes, because it makes sense to think that out of the 3,000+ people watching, every single one of them is a long standing competitive Halo fan who has been involved with the scene. You really think a new game will not attract new viewers? Casual players browsing the Halo 5 section looking for a stream to watch and turn the tournament on and see that? Please.

They were in a position bigger than themselves. This really is far from rocket science. For a game that has not been out for a full week yet, to pull something like that, is pathetic. It's not admirable - it's not applause worthy - it's bullshit. Let alone then tweeting at the publisher basically saying "Fuck You" again. These are guys in their 20s, they not 13 and 14 year olds, act like it.

Yes I seriously doubt that many (if any) of those 3k were new. 3000 isn't a lot. Let's be real.

And that same Dev tweets back "just play another game type". Guess what? They only gave us fucking 4 game types to play!

But really. If they want to take a stand, why is it wrong? If teams don't like it, maybe they should get better and not let a team like FA make a grand finals to begin with...

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

But think about someone who just picked up Halo 5 and was looking to get into competitive Halo. He probably doesn't know the difference between a player like Snipedown and a player like Elitest and thinks they are the same caliber of player and same type of person - and on a similar level in terms of tier if his team is in the grand finals of this tournament with a few thousand viewers. If he sees a team like FA pull the shit they pulled, that sets a HORRIBLE example. It's a matter of integrity and respect - plan and simple - for the tournament, the game, and the people watching. There are no excuses for what they did. 

Spot on. I went into that reddit thread Cyren posted and their were several people who were speaking badly about the entire competitive halo scene because of FA's actions.  

I think the point he is making is that 343 says a whole bunch of shit that is a straight up lie, so people need to stop using the, "well 343 said" as proof something will happen.

It's a good thing 343 wasn't involved Sammy, or you would likely be banned from competing at their sanctioned events, along with your team..

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yes, it's clear you don't see a difference between collectively influencing 343 to not include a game type before tournament play starts, and tanking in the grand finals of a tournament. 

Thanks for explaining yourself more, I now completely understand where you're coming from.

Do you remember some of the stuff pros were doing when Ricochet was going to be put in the rotation? Some of that was pretty disgraceful as well. and that was a collective effort. This is almost the exact same thing but now people are critiquing Fatal Ambition, all I'm asking is what changed between then and now where people think this is unacceptable. Perhaps people just feel differently just because, that's fine with me I'm just curious.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's a good thing 343 wasn't involved Sammy, or you would likely be banned from competing at their sanctioned events, along with your team..

He said this was his last event lol I don't think he's too concerned about that. However, he will be remembered as a clown for what happened.

Thanks for explaining yourself more, I now completely understand where you're coming from.

Do you remember some of the stuff pros were doing when Ricochet was going to be put in the rotation? Some of that was pretty disgraceful as well. and that was a collective effort. This is almost the exact same thing but now people are critiquing Fatal Ambition, all I'm asking is what changed between then and now where people think this is unacceptable. Perhaps people just feel differently just because, that's fine with me I'm just curious.

They complained about it BEFORE the season even started. That is fine, just like if the they really don't want breakout, now is the time to let 343 know. But throwing a match at a tournament? In the finals? Please. And they had no intention of trying to make a stand against breakout... Let's be real.

• Upvote (+1) 2

He's literally the reason they shouldn't have helped that tournament.

lolwut?

If 343 had helped w/ things like prize pool or something else, pretty sure FA wouldn't be in the finals, lol. 

It's borderline disgraceful that there's been nothing HCS at launch for H5... not even news. Especially given the treatment H2A got.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

lolwut?

If 343 had helped w/ things like prize pool or something else, pretty sure FA wouldn't be in the finals, lol. 

It's borderline disgraceful that there's been nothing HCS at launch for H5... not even news. Especially given the treatment H2A got.

Is Iron Gaming going to be punishing those players at all? 

If not, that's exactly why 343 isn't going to help Iron Gaming. It's on IG for hosting a tournament this close to launch rather than waiting to see what the deal with the HCS and HWC were. It seems like 343 want all their tournaments to be apart of the HCS and if the HCS doesn't actually kick off until December or so, then it wouldn't make sense to help IG out.

If not, that's exactly why 343 isn't going to help Iron Gaming. It's on IG for hosting a tournament this close to launch rather than waiting to see what the deal with the HCS and HWC were. It seems like 343 want all their tournaments to be apart of the HCS and if the HCS doesn't actually kick off until December or so, then it wouldn't make sense to help IG out.

How the fuck would they punish them? It's Iron Gaming's last event, and there were no HCS points... 

And someone had to fill the void for launch comp. tourneys. But there shouldn't have even been a void. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Is that part of the "sustain" plan? No HCS until 2 months after launch?

• Upvote (+1) 1

They complained about it BEFORE the season even started. That is fine, just like if the they really don't want breakout, now is the time to let 343 know. But throwing a match at a tournament? In the finals? Please. And they had no intention of trying to make a stand against breakout... Let's be real.

Cool, so in terms of timing you think it's best to have this discussed and criticisms to be made before the season. I can appreciate that.

I'm not trying to call Lethul out here, especially since his opinion on the matter may have changed and we don't actually know if this tweet was entirely true. But Lethul tweeted this back during the Ricochet outcry.

Do you think this is bad as well? I doubt the sponsors would actually let them pull something like this, but hypothetically let's say this actually happened. Do you think this is terrible as well then? It's not technically throwing a match, but refusing to play might as well be the same as both teams forfeiting.

Finally, and this isn't directed at you Tickle. I will say this sucks for Iron Gaming, definitely doesn't make your tournament look good. I think Fatal Ambition is the perfect example of a team that just happens to be there for fun and doesn't care about winning or the state of Halo at all. They thought they'd have fun doing whatever they wanted, and that's what they did because the placing and prize money didn't mean much to them. Luckily, I can almost guarantee none of those players will be the best in the game, in which case we don't have to worry about something like this happening in the future because any player actually at the top won't throw a game for fun.

• Upvote (+1) 4

How the fuck would they punish them? It's Iron Gaming's last event, and there were no HCS points... 

And someone had to fill the void for launch comp. tourneys. But there shouldn't have even been a void. 

Oh is that so? News to me. Regardless, I don't regard Iron Gaming as a professional organisation. I remember when they first came around and they were flashing piles of money on a live stream like it was a toy. 

Sure, someone should have filled a void for launch tourneys but Iron Gaming just jumped the gun. I don't see why you're surprised 343 decided to not partner with them. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

How exactly would they punish them ? No money for them even though they earned it? It's true that they might have been immature about it and it probably wasnt the best way to vent the frustration for that crap gametype but THAT IS THEIR(players) choice. There are no rules that prevent you from doing so and if you dont like the gametype and you know you are going to lose it, might as well get over it fast. Sucks for them if they try to get a sponsor because they probably dug their own grave by doing that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That tweet was because we had leverage and knew they would take it out of the rotation.

This whole thing is meh.

Sammy has always been an interesting human, he just never had any public eye outside twitter. I love the kid, but he's definitely an acquired taste.

As for everything else, isn't it apparent the tournament was kind of a joke tournament?

The team that won team name was Team Daytona lmfao

and there were what, 3 actual "pros" there?

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 3