CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So was legit just playing with Ace this tournament or was he really being considered as the 4th for liquid? And Ace tweeting they were picking up clutch just that just mean for the rest of the matches?

Yes, just for this event. However, Legit is definitely an option for Liquid and seeing how he played well this weekend, I am sure Ace has approached him about it. I just hope the situation that occurred doesn't deter him from playing.

Wow, that was childish. They realize not a lot of people support them right?

I'd be super pissed if I was a caster.

• Upvote (+1) 1

In my opinion, Breakout is not a tournament game type. Hopefully 343 removes it because of this fiasco, because I really don't want to keep watching it. Fatal Ambition are the heroes we needed, but not the ones we deserved. Their sacrifice will be remembered.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 24

Ah I didn't see the tweet yea that's kinda bad. But what I'm saying is let them throw the game all they want it's not gonna do them any favors. It just gives the other team $15k. I just don't see a reason to get so worked up.

In my opinion, Breakout is not a tournament game type. Hopefully 343 removes it because of this fiasco, because I really don't want to keep watching it. Fatal Ambition are the heroes we needed, but not the ones we deserved. Their sacrifice will be remembered.

I honestly hope they don't remove in direct response to this. Yes, there are issues with the gametype but this type of behaviour shouldn't be condoned. 

Holmes has already said if people don't like the gametype, it'll be removed. All that Fatal Ambition needed to do was play it, win it and tell them even though they are good at the gametype, here is why it isn't suitable for competitive Halo and why it should be removed. But nope, we had to act like children, kill ourselves and tweet @Halo like we're the hot shit.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Does he not understand it? His comment doesn't really make sense.. I disagree with their actions, but agree with their message. Breakout doesn't belong in Team Arena.

Again I whole-heartedly believe this tourney means nothing, but in any competition that involves having more games won than the other team, isn't every win or loss important?

I agree, obviously one of the teams went to the tournament for fun and the other team came to win. If the team that went for fun ends up winning, they are just that much better, but if they lose you can easily say that one of the reasons is their mindset wasn't right.

Not saying what they did was right or wrong. I'm just trying to figure out what changed between the community being pumped about the rebellion against Ricochet, and now when we're upset about giving up a match. I will say this though, going through the posts about Ricochet, we have almost completely different people involved in the conversation now as we did back then, so it could just be different people posting at different times.

No pro would ever do what they just did in the grand finals of a tournament, no matter how much they hate the game type. 

If pros ever decide to collectively boycott breakout in future tournaments, then okay. That has nothing to do with what FA just did, though. 

I don't see a difference between collectively boycotting something, and taking a personal stand against it. I actually think a collective boycott could potentially be even more humiliating because you can at least justify this as a few rogue players, but a collective boycott makes it seem everybody acts in the same rebellious manner.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I honestly hope they don't remove in direct response to this. Yes, there are issues with the gametype but this type of behaviour shouldn't be condoned.

Holmes has already said if people don't like the gametype, it'll be removed. All that Fatal Ambition needed to do was play it, win it and tell them even though they are good at the gametype, here is why it isn't suitable for competitive Halo and why it should be removed. But nope, we had to act like children, kill ourselves and tweet @Halo like we're the hot shit.

He's also said they're open to removing Sprint.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

There are ways to take a stand but this is not one of them. This seems more childish than anything. 

I don't see a difference between collectively boycotting something, and taking a personal stand against it. 

Yes, it's clear you don't see a difference between collectively influencing 343 to not include a game type before tournament play starts, and tanking in the grand finals of a tournament. 

I think there is something that everyone is forgetting who is trying to defend their actions. All of us know the guys on this team - there is a reason none of them have either ever been relevant or have not been relevant for years. We know that because we have been around for years now and know who they are and what they are about.

But think about someone who just picked up Halo 5 and was looking to get into competitive Halo. He probably doesn't know the difference between a player like Snipedown and a player like Elitest and thinks they are the same caliber of player and same type of person - and on a similar level in terms of tier if his team is in the grand finals of this tournament with a few thousand viewers. If he sees a team like FA pull the shit they pulled, that sets a HORRIBLE example. It's a matter of integrity and respect - plan and simple - for the tournament, the game, and the people watching. There are no excuses for what they did.

The tournament got 3k Max viewers. No one who is "new" to halo was watching.

I applaud what they did. They took a stand against something they (and 90% of people here) dislike.

Personally I love breakout. But if this is what it takes to get the attention of 343 to take it out of arena cause that's what the majority wants, then it's fine with me.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 27

I really don't think they were trying to "Make a stand". They were already down like 3-0 in Breakout, and just did it for shits and giggles. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

He's also said they're open to removing Sprint.

Mind linking me to that? I don't suddenly see them saying they're open to that after how much it was defended for H4 and H5.