CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

When they were going to put Ricochet in the HCS playlist, weren't a lot of people happy that the pros said they wouldn't play it in a tournament?

How is this different, a team didn't want to play it so they chose that the loss was worth it.

Again I whole-heartedly believe this tourney means nothing, but in any competition that involves having more games won than the other team, isn't every win or loss important?

Quitting at the finals is really embarrassing. I don't care if you don't like the gametypes you always give 100%. Really ruining it for the spectators and casters.

You could tell Walshy was pretty upset about it.

If Fatal Ambition goes on to lose and they blame it on breakout, I won't take any of them serious again.

When they were going to put Ricochet in the HCS playlist, weren't a lot of people happy that the pros said they wouldn't play it in a tournament?

How is this different, a team didn't want to play it so they chose that the loss was worth it.

No pro would ever do what they just did in the grand finals of a tournament, no matter how much they hate the game type. 

If pros ever decide to collectively boycott breakout in future tournaments, then okay. That has nothing to do with what FA just did, though. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

On another note, I wouldn't be opposed to scratching breakout, but playing all slayers on breakout maps.

• Upvote (+1) 2

On another note, I wouldn't be opposed to scratching breakout, but playing all slayers on breakout maps.

I actually enjoy watching breakout, but I'd be fine if that happened.  

We'll find out if the players try pushing for that soon enough, I guess. 

I think if they made Breakout like rounds of slayer people would enjoy it more. Like each round goes up to 5 kills Bo5 wins or something. But breakout as it is now is really kinda awkward.

No pro would ever do what they just did in the grand finals of a tournament, no matter how much they hate the game type. 

If pros ever decide to collectively boycott breakout in future tournaments, then okay. That has nothing to do with what FA just did, though. 

When you say boycott, do you mean refuse to play it one the day of the tournament?

If so, that's just as scummy. There are better ways to get a gametype and map removed from rotation - look at Ricochet in H2A.

I bet those idiots thought the community would support them for doing it. Instead they get roasted.

• Upvote (+1) 5

When you say boycott, do you mean refuse to play it one the day of the tournament?

If so, that's just as scummy. There are better ways to get a gametype and map removed from rotation - look at Ricochet in H2A.

No, that's what I meant.  

Sorry if I wasn't clear. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah.. Kind of stupid to do in grand finals imo.

But on that same note, totally down with scrapping Breakout from competitive play/Arena. Breakout indeed does suck.

Imo of course.

Why does everyone care so much? They threw the game so they lost. Stop trying to act like moral judges and just let them do take their loss. Seriously you guys are acting like they did something horrible.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Don't know if I can handle another 2+ months, please hurry back.

-------------

ig updadte

Why does everyone care so much? They threw the game so they lost. Stop trying to act like moral judges and just let them do take their loss. Seriously you guys are acting like they did something horrible.

I take comp Halo pretty serious. I don't care if its a local or an HCS event. Throwing a game when money on the line, on stream, is just sad. The worst part is they are trying to make a point that isn't even agreed upon by the whole community. They act like they do it for the community because we don't like breakout, when in fact a lot of people and pros do.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Meh, i never want to play that shit either, so i'm not hating on them. I wouldn't of thrown the gametype though, because i would of never entered knowing theres a chance to play Breakout. I haven't even played any MM since launch out of fear of getting Breakout...

• Downvote (-1) 1

Not good at a gametype. Must be awful Kappa

You put a kappa but this is pretty much true. They definitely wouldn't have killed themselves or complained about the gametype if they were winning or were even putting up a match but they were getting owned so they blamed it on the gametype lol

So was legit just playing with Ace this tournament or was he really being considered as the 4th for liquid? And Ace tweeting they were picking up clutch just that just mean for the rest of the matches?

It's more the fact they threw it and proceeded to tweet @Halo about it because they think that their attitude would result in Breakout being removed. All it has done is make themselves and Iron Gaming look like a joke.

• Upvote (+1) 8