CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I agree, but keep in mind this had no 343 or Microsoft backing and wasn't advertised hardly at all. I'd expect more from HCS tournies, so don't get discouraged by the numbers of this tourney.

This right here. If Halo had an M$ or 343 tourney that was actually advertised properly that only brought 3k viewer in, then we would be dad. These teams were hodge podge, frankstein monsters and hold no actual weight. Which also makes the fit RC was having laughable. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What's happening? I'm seeing people bitching about IG on Twitter.

• Downvote (-1) 1

They just killed themselves at the start of the round. None were taking it serious, just pissing about

Is anyone watching the IG finals? Fatal Ambition just throwing the breakout games.

Yeah it was embarrassing on their part imo. very unprofessional.

• Upvote (+1) 2

They just killed themselves at the start of the round. None were taking it serious, just pissing about

I don't get the issue - do they not want to win or something?

EDIT: Wow, I just saw @@Proto's post. What clowns.

• Upvote (+1) 1

And that, my friends, is how you dig your own grave.

• Upvote (+1) 8

A small tourney like this would have been perfect for people to test the gametype in a competitive setting. 

I'm not a fan of it, but there are people who like the gametype and who will probably get good at it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Absolute joke. I get you don't like the gametype, but are you serious? Throwing a game in a grand Finals match and then tweeting Halo about it. Good thing HCS didn't sponsor the event. If you suck at breakout that bad, practice it. I happen to think the gametype plays great at a high level and can be pretty intense.

They also started talking about throwing after they were about to be down 0-4. They knew they were out matched.

I think everyone is overreacting... until the stupid tweet from elitest. They aren't throwing, they are forfeiting.

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 7

When they were going to put Ricochet in the HCS playlist, weren't a lot of people happy that the pros said they wouldn't play it in a tournament?

How is this different, a team didn't want to play it so they chose that the loss was worth it.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think everyone is overreacting... until the stupid tweet from elitest. They aren't throwing, they are forfeiting.

But....but...isn't throwing just slang for forfeiting?  :walshy:

It's more than that though, they were on a listen in Game 4 of the previous Bo5 and were talking shit about the gametype and obviously not trying. Then they throw game 1 of the next series, again not even trying. On top of that the tweet. It unprofessional, I've already seen people like hokum, snipedown, Ninja, even Lethul look down on it.