CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Classic Sudds to tweet out that they 'beat team liquid'. You beat one player from team liquid. Disgusting scumbags.

Isn't the team literally going as Liquid Vibe?

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's something that could be a mistake you make every once in a while but because they want controversy they tweeted it as liquid on purpose.

• Upvote (+1) 2

they tagged the team liquid twitter account in the tweet.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I'm most bothered by the lack of character and class shown by Sudd 2, but I think this situation also provides an opportunity to examine sub rules AND how tournaments can avoid related problems. 

First of all, I think Iron Gaming made the right call. It makes sense: by Clutch giving up his casting payment, there's no real conflict of interest. Also, this is an open tournament, not a season or league that requires some sort of special entry process. However, I don't think it's unreasonable for RC to request a DQ and be frustrated when it doesn't happen.

If IG has an official substitution policy, and used it, great. But 2 things give me the impression that IG made a judgment call this morning: Elamite's tweet about RC trying all morning to DQ them and Sudd 2's tweet that IG said Clutch hasn't played much/any H5. Regardless of the statement's truth, IG should never have brought Clutch's play time into the discussion. It's completely irrelevant.

The problem with judgment calls is that they can be argued, often justifiably. What IG needs, and what many solid organizations have, is ironclad (lulz) rules that cannot be reinterpreted, questioned, etc. When RC says, "You can't do this because xyz," the tournament organizer needs to be able to say instantly and definitively that no rule is being broken. 

Am I trying to take the blame away from Sudd 2? No, those tweets were dick moves. But, in running a 10k tournament, IG has the responsibility to create a competitive environment with unambiguous rules and minimal chances for these contentious situations. I guess what I'm saying is that IG shouldn't have needed to make the right call. They should have been able to make the established, and therefore obvious, call. 

Or maybe I'm off-base and IG does have an official policy and it was followed to the letter-- and RC just bitched anyway. Actually, that sounds fairly believable, too. My last point (I promise!): In either case, why are the only mentions we get of the ruling are from the player's personal twitters? A little transparency would be nice, especially when these decisions are affecting teams who have made it deep into the tournament. 

/rant

• Upvote (+1) 5

With all the speculation about TL 4th, and now this shitty news about Legit...  :intel:

Ya Fantasy will probably be joining Liquid. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I was really looking forward to watching Liquid Vibe today, especially Legit. Anyone know how Legit was doing earlier in the tourney? I wasn't able to watch.

Also, props to Clutch man. Giving up his payment to help out the Liquid Vibe guys on very little notice.

MBoZe is a team of one right now for OpTic Nation so Maniac could join him and wouldn't even have to leave the optic house. MBoZe is a pretty good player so I'm sure he could recruit two other players that aren't complete trash. Then if things go south I'm sure the optic halo team would be more than happy to take Maniac back.

Yeah MBoze is a great player. But imagine your Hecz, would you want to recruit Maniac with millions of dollars on the line this year?

If im owner of Optic Nation I want proven players for the upcoming season, I dont want to be taking a chance that a Halo pro might transition well. (and he might, he might become the GOAT who knows, but its a huge risk)

Some CoD players are saying that for the new CoD league orgs can only have one team in the league. Everyone else left Optic Nation except for Mboze.

so i do not thinky they are going to be two Optic teams for CoD in Blops 3. going have to wait and see

Hecz is amazing and could probably find a way to make optic nation an actual organization so they could get around the rule. I believe Nadeshot is still quite high on the optic ladder and could go and be the "CEO" of optic nation. I actually have no idea how this stuff works I'm just throwing possibilities out there.

Hecz is amazing and could probably find a way to make optic nation an actual organization so they could get around the rule. I believe Nadeshot is still quite high on the optic ladder and could go and be the "CEO" of optic nation. I actually have no idea how this stuff works I'm just throwing possibilities out there.

[Tinfoil warning]

Kinda like how TSM did in LoL when Jack left to run Cloud 9?

Regardless of how long the game is out, 3k viewers is disappointing. There is still some very good people on show.

I just hope every is busy playing H5 and viewers will rise.

Even if Mboze and Hecz somehow get around the rule of only having one team for each org, what would make them want to pick up Maniac? He's never played at the top level in cod. It would be a huge risk to try and pick him up not knowing if he could perform at that level in cod. Even Formal and Enable who are doing really well in cod atm had to move up the ranks from am.

Regardless of how long the game is out, 3k viewers is disappointing. There is still some very good people on show.

I just hope every is busy playing H5 and viewers will rise.

I agree, but keep in mind this had no 343 or Microsoft backing and wasn't advertised hardly at all. I'd expect more from HCS tournies, so don't get discouraged by the numbers of this tourney.

• Upvote (+1) 1