CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I don't know why you guys saying its the same. 

I explained why, not typing it again.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Off topic here, but if Shadowrun became backwards compatible would I see you and Gabriel on it again? I'd like to grab a bunch of old players and old h2 players and get them involved.

the day you stop trying to get ppl to play shadowrun again is the day halo stops progressing for the worst. Salute.

• Upvote (+1) 6

That's concurrent, though.  It doesn't account for the different people who tune in for 10-15 minutes, then close the stream (and get replaced by someone else doing the same thing).

His point is there's a good chance the actual number of unique eyeballs reached is over 2,000.  Just not concurrently.

Twitch viewer count is not the same as website hits.

Again, my previous post already allocated a generous amount for these "pop-in and close" viewers. I know it is convenient to ignore this to make a condescending post, but I would recommend going back and re-reading.

Twitch concurrent viewer count is the same as a website concurrent viewer count. Real time users, viewing something over X amount of time.

Twitch views per session is the equivalent to website pageviews. If I stream from 2pm - 8pm and had 10,000 total views for that session, it is 100% comparable to website pageviews for the same time frame.

Yes watching a stream on twitch is the same as reading the beyond forums

Not exactly equivalent, but extremely comparable. 

Users on both sites are consuming and contributing content (in the form of the chat I guess) - over a certain period of time, which obviously varies from user to user.

You guys are acting like its completely different and not comparable whatsoever. Everything I stated is fairly common sense.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Again, my previous post already allocated a generous amount for these "pop-in and close" viewers. I know it is convenient to ignore this to make a condescending post, but I would recommend going back and re-reading.

Also for anyone saying "Pros are streaming, why should Beyond get a copy its the same audience" I do not think you understand. I havent seen a Halo Pro stream with over 2,000 unique viewers. Lets say a streamer DOES get 2,000 viewers, and gets it everyday from now until launch - which would be roughly 8,000-15,000 unique viewers over 3-4 days. 8,000-15,000 unique viewers is ONE day on Beyond. 

Apologies, missed the bolded part of your previous post and took it as you comparing website total views / page hits versus concurrent viewership of a stream

I'm not sure how or why you interpret statement of fact as condescension though.

Apologies, missed the bolded part of your previous post and took it as you comparing website total views / page hits versus concurrent viewership of a stream

I'm not sure how or why you interpret statement of fact as condescension though.

I was comparing Unique Users/Viewers.  Not Page hits.

A unique user/viewer can generate multiple page views. You yourself by responding to me twice, and refreshing twice, has generated 2 page views from this conversation.

A unique user can only be counted once per day. The stats are logged separately.

Ultimately his argument is that Beyond's distribution (measured by unique page hits) is more valuable than Pro's streaming distribution (measured by stream viewers). I think that's not even close to reality.

Even if TB and the streams have a comparable number of total unique views, you would still have to adjust by a factor representing the value of stream viewers over static web page viewers (this adjustment is probably an order of magnitude).

• Upvote (+1) 3

Ultimately his argument is that Beyond's distribution (measured by unique page hits) is more valuable than Pro's streaming distribution (measured by stream viewers). I think that's not even close to reality.

Even if TB and the streams have a comparable number of total unique views, you would still have to adjust by a factor representing the value of stream viewers over static web page viewers (this adjustment is probably an order of magnitude).

I am not saying it is more valuable, I was responding to your post saying that we reach the same audience. 

That is false, we reach a wider audience (for Halo).

There is value to pros streaming, I never said there wasn't any value to twitch. It is a great platform to advertise games via influencers 100%. i was stating that the stats are comparable - .. easily comparable.

the day you stop trying to get ppl to play shadowrun again is the day halo stops progressing for the worst. Salute.

not gonna lie. I'm not too sure what you mean by this lol

Thats not at all what he said. He is saying that more people would see thoughts on the game here than in a pro stream because Beyond gets more unique viewers per day. It doesn't take people long to absord information. Especially if those people aren't disecting every inch of the game (which is most people)

To add to that... Not everyone has the time or desire to watch twitch. I'd say most gamers would rather just read the highlights than sit and watch someone play a video game on their saturday afternoon. People who watch streams a lot (like some of us here) are in the minority.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Thats not at all what he said. He is saying that more people would see thoughts on the game here than in a pro stream because Beyond gets more unique viewers per day. It doesn't take people long to absord information. Especially if those people aren't disecting every inch of the game (which is most people)

Thanks for actually reading my responses. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I was comparing Unique Users/Viewers.  Not Page hits.

A unique user/viewer can generate multiple page views. You yourself by responding to me twice, and refreshing twice, has generated 2 page views from this conversation.

A unique user can only be counted once per day. The stats are logged separately.

You're paying too much attention to semantics here.  I'm aware you're talking about number of unique viewers.  But as I said, I'd interpreted it as you comparing it versus the number of concurrent viewers on streams (because I didn't originally see the part I bolded in your second quote box in my last post).  The rest is irrelevant and I acknowledged in my last post that it was a misunderstanding on my part.

I definitely think you guys should have at least had one staff member get early access.  Even accounting for past negativity, that shouldn't be a question.  I'm also not debating the value of informational nexus website value versus Twitch stream value, as that would just be silly.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You're paying too much attention to semantics here.  I'm aware you're talking about number of unique viewers.  But as I said, I'd interpreted it as you comparing it versus the number of concurrent viewers on streams (because I didn't originally see the part I bolded in your second quote box in my last post).  The rest is irrelevant and I acknowledged in my last post that it was a misunderstanding on my part.

I definitely think you guys should have at least had one staff member get early access.  Even accounting for past negativity, that shouldn't be a question.  I'm also not debating the value of informational nexus website value versus Twitch stream value, as that would just be silly.

It is all good. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

To add to that... Not everyone has the time or desire to watch twitch. I'd say most gamers would rather just read the highlights than sit and watch someone play a video game on their saturday afternoon. People who watch streams a lot (like some of us here) are in the minority.

Lol what?

He said not only are the numbers similar, but that the viewers themselves (as individual consumers) are comparable. There's a pretty obvious implied value judgment there. The only sense in which they are comparable is that they are a human audience that probably likes video games. In fact, most of them are the same people, but from a marketing perspective it's not the person that matters but the content delivery mechanism.

In terms of revenue-generation, twitch viewers are incredibly more valuable. I mean seriously. It takes two seconds of thought to figure this out.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sorry to get away from this amazing discussion, thought this was interesting.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Seems like Walshy and Roy have the best shot in this game so far in my opinion.

uhhh Lethul?

• Upvote (+1) 5

uhhh Lethul?

I haven't watched Lethul yet. I'll go check his stream out.

I get tired of him constantly advertising his delicious, refreshing, and aim-improving Monster Energy drinks.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I haven't watched Lethul yet. I'll go check his stream out.

I get tired of him constantly advertising his delicious, refreshing, and aim-improving Monster Energy drinks.

LethuL, aPG, Roy :D

• Upvote (+1) 1

You guys gonna drop some Intel yet? These streams are a yawn.

I was watching hysteria a little earlier. Him and towey were nerding and finding jumps/nade spots etc. that was interesting.

You guys gonna drop some Intel yet? These streams are a yawn.

I was watching hysteria a little earlier. Him and towey were nerding and finding jumps/nade spots etc. that was interesting.

yeah they were also trying to nade down weapons and stuff. was pretty cool

Lol what?

He said not only are the numbers similar, but that the viewers themselves (as individual consumers) are comparable. There's a pretty obvious implied value judgment there. The only sense in which they are comparable is that they are a human audience that probably likes video games. In fact, most of them are the same people, but from a marketing perspective it's not the person that matters but the content delivery mechanism.

In terms of revenue-generation, twitch viewers are incredibly more valuable. I mean seriously. It takes two seconds of thought to figure this out.

I think you are extremely over estimating twitch. I and I'm sure you know A LOT of gamers. I think out of the gamers I know I am the only one who watches twitch. I don't think that is uncommon. I do however know most of my gamer friends read articles on upcoming games because it takes a grand total of 5 mins of their time. That is why I think it is just as if not more valuable to have a write up here. This is one of the last major community sites after all.