CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Just popping in to see what's up

We aren't mad at you :] no need to tread lightly. We understand: make a move=WAY more money. Expect to get bombarded with questions though.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

How? Ogre 2 had FIVE national championships. Does that convey a sense of change at the top? He went from winning the Halo 3 opener to winning the last three Halo 3 events. He then picked up Roybox and DOMINATED Halo Reach. I just don't understand your reasoning. 

Individual talent slips in and starts teaming with veterans. That's what happens, its the natural progression. Players like Cloud, Enable, Hysteria, Heinz, Pistola, Snakebite and Royal 2 had to put a lot of work in before they could get there. It's very rare you just see someone burst onto the scene and just completely dominate like Snipedown or Formal. 

Individual talent slipping in is my whole point. This whole argument started because some one was saying they doubt we would see any real changes at the top. Historically that hasn't happened. 

@@TiberiusAudley I actually completely agree with you. My point is getting contorted to be different than what I actually think. I don't really think players get worse and new players just come out of nowhere. However I think new games tend to be when the more established players are willing to take a chance on the up and coming players in the scene which is why if you look at results you see more new players coming through when a new halo game comes through.

Kyle and I have talked, we're cool and he understands as much as he possibly can. I totally bad friended him, and I promise that alone almost made this not happen. 

What about Ninja? NinjaWen is what got me into competitive (and in general) Halo, before that I was a cod kid. I was excited to see the duo returning, is that bridge burned?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Right now it's a super tricky situation, I am still technically on Liquid. Not sure how this all got out, because I wanted it to be formally announced that way I could explain everything after Season 2 finals in depth so people weren't so confused or thought I was such a shit person.

Kyle and I have talked, we're cool and he understands as much as he possibly can. I totally bad friended him, and I promise that alone almost made this not happen. 

This all took a lot of thought, but just please, be patient with me while the legal side of things are taken care of so that I can fully explain. The decision wasn't just "X" Player is better than "Y" Player.

So... confirmed 4th?

What about Ninja? NinjaWen is what got me into competitive (and in general) Halo, before that I was a cod kid. I was excited to see the duo returning, is that bridge burned?

I'd imagine after the shit I've done to him, sucks that I was the hammer and he was the nail.

Shit happens for a reason though.

So... confirmed 4th?

Nope. Still on Liquid for now.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Because the team he is going to join is stronger than the one he is on now. And Ninja doesn't appear to have his heart set in halo with all the twitch H1Z1 money he is getting

Not sure why this is getting downvoted when it is 100% true. Everyone knows Mikwen is better than Ninja and Ninja seems all about H1Z1 I've seen him play Halo TWICE since then season ended.

• Downvote (-1) 5

If I was Mikwen I'd switch teams every season until I found a sponsor who would make a proper team beanie. 

• Upvote (+1) 9

we don't care

better content than any other pro besides maniac... so...

EDIT: Also, if you actually read it, its a pretty good interview.

• Upvote (+1) 9

One can argue that "losing interest" can also be the inability to learn the new game and translate over the halo skills.

Pistola did not breakout as a 4v4 player till later in Halo 3.

Strongside was on the best Halo 2 team of all time but did not find the same success in Halo 3 or Halo Reach.

Walshy had problems breaking into the Top 8 during Halo Reach.

Victory X and FiS were on one of the best Halo 3 teams but they have not won an event since Halo 3. They also fell out of the top 8 during Halo Reach a few times. However they placed top 8 during all of H2A (Maybe mainly cause H2A very similar to H2/H3 then Halo Reach was).

Halo 5 is very drastically different than H2/H3/H2A.

I think we are going to see some new faces.

Nope. Still on Liquid for now.

Unfortunately, since all this has already happen, even if you were to stick on Liquid, there will always be that distrust in the air. 

Hard to turn back now. 

We aren't mad at you :] no need to tread lightly. We understand: make a move=WAY more money. Expect to get bombarded with questions though.

speak for yourself, just when you let him into your heart, he rips it out on his way out  :wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Finally, pro teams getting H5 codes.

Excited to see how this goes.

If Heinz, APG, Pistola and Mikwen don't game together I will be quite sad.

• Upvote (+1) 1

One can argue that "losing interest" can also be the inability to learn the new game and translate over the halo skills.

Pistola did not breakout as a 4v4 player till later in Halo 3.

Strongside was on the best Halo 2 team of all time but did not find the same success in Halo 3 or Halo Reach.

Walshy had problems breaking into the Top 8 during Halo Reach.

Victory X and FiS were on one of the best Halo 3 teams but they have not won an event since Halo 3. They also fell out of the top 8 during Halo Reach a few times. However they placed top 8 during all of H2A (Maybe mainly cause H2A very similar to H2/H3 then Halo Reach was).

Halo 5 is very drastically different than H2/H3/H2A.

I think we are going to see some new faces.

NO, just no.

What are you guys smoking today?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

and Ninja seems all about H1Z1 I've seen him play Halo TWICE since then season ended.

Why should he play Halo? There isn't anything for him to "practice".  What is he even supposed to play? The broken MCC game that everyone got tired of? I dont see how him playing H1Z1 in legit down-time says anything about his dedication, or why it even means anything at all.  The CoD Pros seem to all be jumping to Destiny/CS:GO or other games now that AW is complete, its the same thing.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Can I remind you, the H1 champions dominated H2, the H2 champions won the first H3 event and the H2 runners up, Str8 Rippin, became the new champions. The team that placed 2nd at Halo nationals, Status Quo, won the Halo Reach opener and then a god squad of Halo 2 players formed and dominated the rest of Reach. Halo 4 and H2A don't count. But if you wanna go down that road we can because it's still pretty much teh same.

I promise you the top will stay the top. They are there for a reason.

Yeah, the H1 champs dominated H2 (save for KillerN), but most of the other CE pros fell off in the transition. I think CE to 2 was the only Halo switch where the meta changed enough that the people who were good at CE weren't necessarily good at 2.

NO, just no.

What are you guys smoking today?

Literally everything he said other than him thinking we will see new faces were hard facts. They aren't opinions. They happened. What exactly are you saying no to?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think CE to 2 was the only Halo switch where the meta changed enough that the people who were good at CE weren't necessarily good at 2.

It was a combination of this plus the fact that back then the competitive scene was still driven largely by pure "love of the game", so players who legitimately didn't like the game's transition to H2 simply just quit because they didn't want to compete in a game they felt was inferior and not worth the time/effort.  Nowadays with the boom in eSports, players are more driven by money/"career" and therefore will continue to compete even if they dont like the game, because its become a job at this point.  The landscape has really changed, from this being a "hobby" to more of an enterprise.

I think that a lot of those CE guys who fell out completely could have adapted to H2, they just outright quit because they weren't "in it" because they saw this as a career move or for the attention it brought, they just saw it as something they had passion for.

• Upvote (+1) 2