CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Reach brought in a lot more than just Formal, Mikwen and Lethul, you've missed out on quite a few guys, notably Royal 2 and Ninja, but I'd agree that the top pros have stayed mostly the same since H3

The other big one would probably be snakebite. That doesn't count guys like ryanoob who were starting to get into top 8 right at end of h3 but really become the top players in reach and afterwards

I get what you are saying in the sense that the basic functions of the game are the same (first person shooter) but you cannot deny that every Halo is different and they brought about new pros and some old heads died off every time also. This is the reason people keep saying we do not know who is going to be good yet. Of course everyone that was a pro last Halo will be good at Halo 5, but who will be great or the best?

Edit: Let me rephrase: Who will be the best that is not TJ, S3D, Roy, LBX

The top players typically remain the best players.  The guys that fall off are the older Pro's who lose interest and just stop putting in the effort.  Look, its pretty easy to tell which guys are going to remain serious about competing, and which aren't.  A guy like Legit? Yea, I don't really feel too confident about how good he'll be in Halo 5.  Making it sound like its going to be some huge toss-up wherein EG suddenly sucks and the Suddoths are Top 3 simply isn't reality.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The top players typically remain the best players.  The guys that fall off are the older Pro's who lose interest and just stop putting in the effort.  Look, its pretty easy to tell which guys are going to remain serious about competing, and which aren't.  A guy like Legit? Yea, I don't really feel too confident about how good he'll be in Halo 5.  Making it sound like its going to be some huge toss-up wherein EG suddenly sucks and the Suddoths are Top 3 simply isn't reality.

That didn't really happen switching from h2 to h3 or h3 to reach. In h2 carbon and FB were easily the best and h3 FB wins first event that starts to really fall off. Walshy had some succes on instinct but he probably held them back more than anything. All of carbon really fell off as well. Going from h3 to reach FB top team and FiS and Victory completely fell off. Instinct all stayed pretty competitive outside of elamite. There is usually some pretty big turnover when switching games. It likely won't be as drastic for h5 off the start because of smaller population in comparison to then but I think it will happen within 6 months. 

Reach brought in a lot more than just Formal, Mikwen and Lethul, you've missed out on quite a few guys, notably Royal 2 and Ninja, but I'd agree that the top pros have stayed mostly the same since H3

Forgot about Royal 2 and Snakebite. Ninja didn't become a top 8 staple until Halo 4.

That didn't really happen switching from h2 to h3 or h3 to reach. In h2 carbon and FB were easily the best and h3 FB wins first event that starts to really fall off. Walshy had some succes on instinct but he probably held them back more than anything. All of carbon really fell off as well. Going from h3 to reach FB top team and FiS and Victory completely fell off. Instinct all stayed pretty competitive outside of elamite. There is usually some pretty big turnover when switching games. It likely won't be as drastic for h5 off the start because of smaller population in comparison to then but I think it will happen within 6 months. 

You just proved my point:

Final Boss: Ogre1 was completely done.  Walshy was going through problems (personally and with the team).

Carbon: They basically all quit.  Stopped caring and flamed out.

FiS & Victory: Lost drive big time.  FiS was trying to be a model or some shit, seriously.  Both "retired" after Reach and only came back because of the classic element of H2C.

None of those were random cases of a great player suddenly becoming average at the next game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Final Boss: Ogre1 was completely done.  Walshy was going through problems (personally and with the team).

FiS & Victory: Lost drive big time.  FiS was trying to be a model or some shit, seriously.  Both "retired" after Reach and only came back because of the classic element of H2C.

None of those were random cases of a great player suddenly becoming average at the next game.

Maybe we are arguing different things then. Their skill might not have declined that much but other players rose up and they might not have wanted to put in the effort needed to become the best again. Historically basically every halo transition has seen big changes on the top teams. Really the only exception is h4 and that doesn't really count because well it was h4

Also strongside didn't really lose drive or anything like that but he certainly fell off going from h2 to h3

• Upvote (+1) 2

In h2 carbon and FB were easily the best and h3 FB wins first event that starts to really fall off. Walshy had some succes on instinct but he probably held them back more than anything. All of carbon really fell off as well.

I don't agree with bold at all because he went from winning the first Halo 3 event with the Ogres and Strongside to getting 2nd at Toronto with Roybox and Soviet beating his previous team! (with Neighbor instead) They placed 2nd again at 2008 nationals. The next season he gets 2nd at Dallas with 3 different players and then 3rd at the 2009 nationals with the same players. (Naded, Shockwave, Defy)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Team hype is a 24/7 job.

Well then consider myself clocked in. Got the hard hat on. Got my 401k set up. I'm ready to do some WORK. Hype train is leaving the station: Toot Toot! H5 Kool-aid is poured in my goblet and I'm ready to DIE! 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Well then consider myself clocked in. Got the hard hat on. Got my 401k set up. I'm ready to do some WORK. Hype train is leaving the station: Toot Toot! H5 Kool-aid is poured in my goblet and I'm ready to DIE! 

new fav. poster.

This is awesome the venue is going to be so DOPE! Nice work!

What is your GT? Voodoo In the Cut?

Appreciate it! 

Nah you thinking of someone else who had some success in Reach I believe. 

My GT is straight out V0odooman and always has been...I'll admit I suck at Halo. I don't play that much due to sports/work/school, and it shows aha.

Why I like to stay in the scene through different avenues. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I understand what you are trying to say and it is a different argument than the point I was trying to make. I was speaking specifically in the Mikwen scenario where people are saying he left for a "better team". While the team he went to has players that have higher placings than Liquid, the parity is close enough that whoever is better at HALO 5 specifically will be the better team. I am not saying that the Sudds have a chance against EG because it is a new Halo. I am saying that these PROS have a chance to be better than the other PROS that have better average placings over their career.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You get it.

Appreciate it! 

Nah you thinking of someone else who had some success in Reach I believe. 

My GT is straight out V0odooman and always has been...I'll admit I suck at Halo. I don't play that much due to sports/work/school, and it shows aha.

Why I like to stay in the scene through different avenues. 

Haha yeah I only ask because I used to play that guy all the time. Don't worry I suck too I just pretend I am good and get average placings at events =) Halo is going to be the best it has ever been in terms of being a spectator sport now so that will be good for those filthy casuals like you.

I don't agree with bold at all because he went from winning the first Halo 3 event with the Ogres and Strongside to getting 2nd at Toronto with Roybox and Soviet beating his previous team! (with Neighbor instead) They placed 2nd again at 2008 nationals. The next season he gets 2nd at Dallas with 3 different players and then 3rd at the 2009 nationals with the same players. (Naded, Shockwave, Defy)

You might be right with walshy. Forgot about how he did in 09 after leaving instinct. I will take that part back but I still stand by the overall point that we usually see rather significant turnover in the top 2-3 teams from major halo to major halo game.

You might be right with walshy. Forgot about how he did in 09 after leaving instinct. I will take that part back but I still stand by the overall point that we usually see rather significant turnover in the top 2-3 teams from major halo to major halo game.

I still disagree. Respectfully. I think we generally see a shuffling of teams, but it's typically the same players in different configurations.

There are certainly new players that enter the fray, but taking a place amongst the elite is the exception, not the rule.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ok people. Can some Evil Geniuses put together an updated list of teams and potential pickups or breakups? If you do I would be on Cloud 9. Some of you are in Denial about all these changes but you have to Believe the Hype. You need your Optics checked cuz from what I heard the last couple days, we all need to Elevate our minds. Our wits need to be quicker than a Winterfox, some say. H5 is coming quick and we need this #Intel. Seeing the un-updated list at the beginning of this posting is a real Reality Check. Our efforts to gossip on teams will turn to Liquid if someone doesn't help. If they did it would be pure Excellence

Doubters didn't think I could fit all the relevant teams in there^, now they Envy me. They are just in Isolation.

-

-

-

CLG

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 5

lets flip the scenario for fun, imagine mikwen leaving Ola APG and Heinz for Ninja Chig and Ace. What would the posts and reactions be like then?!

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 2

lets flip the scenario for fun, imagine mikwen leaving Ola APG and Heinz for Ninja Chig and Ace. What would the posts and reactions be like then?!

Honestly probably the exact same except instead of saying he is at least being smart and going to the best team for him he would be stupid and be joining a weaker squad on paper

• Upvote (+1) 1