CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Enable to Optic makes perfect sense. They aren't a very dedicated team and Enable can't dedicate that much time. It's a perfect marriage.

• Upvote (+1) 9

There's no way Formal is coming back to join Optic's current Halo team. If he's coming back, he's joining a Godsquad that's favored to win the HWC, not a team that failed to make it to the finals in Seasons 1 and 2.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Give it up guys... Enable and Formal aren't coming back. 

At least Formal isn't, but Enable has been posting here quite often and seems genuinely intrigued.

We'll see.

At least Formal isn't, but Enable has been posting here quite often and seems genuinely intrigued.

We'll see.

no, stop, you're just setting yourself up for disappointment. 

The news today, as well as a new Activision league and 3mill+ dollars w/ better orgs entering CoD? Not to mention the hype behind BLOPS3 and Treyarch being gods at competitive support, why would THE VERY BEST CoD players waste time on Halo?

• Upvote (+1) 1

no, stop, you're just setting yourself up for disappointment. 

The news today, as well as a new Activision league and 3mill+ dollars w/ better orgs entering CoD? Not to mention the hype behind BLOPS3 and Treyarch being gods at competitive support, why would THE VERY BEST CoD players waste time on Halo?

BtH

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think Enable posts here because he loves Halo, not because he necessarily plans on coming back.

He's on one of the best Call of Duty teams, entering a season with a lot of money on the line, and it currently has more viewership than Halo. Like yeah he loves Halo, but unless he was given a spot on the best team, it'll be far more lucrative to stay with Call of Duty.

Now I could see him doing a tournament or two for fun, but that's about it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

There's no way Formal is coming back to join Optic's current Halo team. If he's coming back, he's joining a Godsquad that's favored to win the HWC, not a team that failed to make it to the finals in Seasons 1 and 2.

Optic made it to both the S1 and S2 finals... unless you meant grand finals like never made top 2 then yeah they never did that. 

Optic made it to both the S1 and S2 finals... unless you meant grand finals like never made top 2 then yeah they never did that.

Yeah that's what I meant, a top 2 placing. They never showed that they were a team capable of winning an event. Even at that one event where they beat CLG, CLG came back through losers and knocked them out.

why would he leave Liquid?  wtf man

Because the team he is going to join is stronger than the one he is on now. And Ninja doesn't appear to have his heart set in halo with all the twitch H1Z1 money he is getting

• Downvote (-1) 7

Ask Lethul why did  he leave his team to join EG.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I was rooting against liquid the moment Mikwen didnt change his gamertag to "Miquid"...

so... no real loss here. it will stir up some fun to watch HCS battles though!

Lets all read a few pages back before we post about mikwen leaving again, shall we?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Because the team he is going to join is stronger than the one he is on now. And Ninja doesn't appear to have his heart set in halo with all the twitch H1Z1 money he is getting

What? Ninja plays H1Z1 because Halo 5 isn't out yet. I can guarantee you Ninja will be in the top 5 for play time among all the pros. The guy plays a crazy amount.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Denial took a series off EG without Pistola. Who knows what that same roster could do with Pistola in place of Chig? Mikwen was too good for that Liquid roster in the first place.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Since Halo 3 the top 8 has been a pretty consistent pool of players. Reach brought in a few new faces (Formal, Mikwen, Lethul), but other than that, it hasn't changed much, and the best guys from Halo 3 are still the best guys at H2A. (RoyBox, Snipedown, Ogre2, Pistola, APG, Heinz, Flamesword etc.) I see no reason to believe that this will drastically change for Halo 5.

Reach brought in a lot more than just Formal, Mikwen and Lethul, you've missed out on quite a few guys, notably Royal 2 and Ninja, but I'd agree that the top pros have stayed mostly the same since H3

People keep saying "it's a new game! Nobody knows who's going to be good!"

Bullshit. It's Halo. You know who is good at Halo and who isn't. We aren't going from Halo to League of Legends.

I get what you are saying in the sense that the basic functions of the game are the same (first person shooter) but you cannot deny that every Halo is different and they brought about new pros and some old heads died off every time also. This is the reason people keep saying we do not know who is going to be good yet. Of course everyone that was a pro last Halo will be good at Halo 5, but who will be great or the best?

Edit: Let me rephrase: Who will be the best that is not TJ, S3D, Roy, LBX