CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

People keep saying "it's a new game! Nobody knows who's going to be good!"

Bullshit. It's Halo. You know who is good at Halo and who isn't. We aren't going from Halo to League of Legends.

• Upvote (+1) 2

We dont know what is going to happen. With every new Halo they are new faces that rise to the top and some former pros that fall off.

If anyone has been following Halo since the early stages from Halo CE then we all know with a new Halo there is a shuffling of the top players.

• Upvote (+1) 3

So, after the news of today w/ Activsion eSports, are we fucked?

Feel like poor little Halo is gonna get overshadowed, HARD.

Tldr for the Activision esports news?

They are basically doing what Microsoft does for Halo now. They will host their own tournaments. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Also, if we are throwing out excuses, isn't that when Pistola injured himself mid-set?

Nope. Pistola injured himself after they lost. Not mid-set.

I don't know the full extent, but they've hired some former exec from ESPN/NFL Network as well as Mike Sepso from MLG.  These guys are heading an "eSport division" which not only includes CoD, but Activision-Blizzard as well.

I don't know the full extent, but they've hired some former exec from ESPN/NFL Network as well as Mike Sepso from MLG. These guys are heading an "eSport division" which not only includes CoD, but Activision-Blizzard as well.

So this will handle cod as well as sc2 hearthstone and potentially other blizzard games?

Root for specific players -> rooting for their team -> end up rooting for everyone on that team -> they separate -> continue cheering for those players on different teams -> rooting for multiple teams -> end up rooting for everyone on those teams -> they separate -> and it continues

Eventually we'll all end up being Fierce Elite and just rooting for everyone.

This is my experience in a nutshell lol.

So this will handle cod as well as sc2 hearthstone and potentially other blizzard games?

Heroes of the Storm.

Yikes, go watch maniac's vlog about what happened at nola. talk about the highest high's to the lowest lows. sheesh.

Will there be Pizza House?

Of course! Speaking of them, there is a dine and donate function at Pizza House tonight for Gamers Outreach. Portion of all sales today will go to it. If you want drop by! If you want more info I can tweet it at you!

If anyone has been following Halo since the early stages from Halo CE then we all know with a new Halo there is a shuffling of the top players.

Well. In most cases. I can think of one particular exception lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know amid the pro Intel nobody thinks of the ammies but...

The Aquarium- Rob the turtle, Commonly, Exemplify, and Bubudubu. Sickstory was unable to attend. Really excited for Daytona :D

• Upvote (+1) 3

We dont know what is going to happen. With every new Halo they are new faces that rise to the top and some former pros that fall off.

Since Halo 3 the top 8 has been a pretty consistent pool of players. Reach brought in a few new faces (Formal, Mikwen, Lethul), but other than that, it hasn't changed much, and the best guys from Halo 3 are still the best guys at H2A. (RoyBox, Snipedown, Ogre2, Pistola, APG, Heinz, Flamesword etc.) I see no reason to believe that this will drastically change for Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I feel more players have left the scene than actually having skills diminish then leaving, not that I blame them after the troubles with Reach, 4, and MCC launch issues. There will be new players, but I don't see the Top 6 being that different from H2A.

I could be wrong though.

• Upvote (+1) 2

@@CyReN your thoughts on optic and their possible fourth?

Doesn't matter until they take it more serious, or at least that's the perspective I got during H2A. They have the skilled players there, hope to see them put in some serious work for H5.

@@CyReN I understand that. I just wanted to know who you thought would be a potential fourth. Maniac loves being with them, but he's really serious about it, so I just wanted to know who might be that fourth