CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

These kids are so young ... like Frosty, seriously, he should just take most of the money and invest it, try to forget it's even there, and he'll literally have almost $1m by the time he's 40 (compound interest on $150,000 with 8% return for a standard index fund ... magic).  

they are so young im sure their parents are still around to help them out. I know Suspector is still in High School and lives at home so im sure his parents will help him. 

Likely teams (or teams I'd like to see):

eLevate: Naded, Str8 Sick, Calm Mentality, Swift Kill. (The part of the list where I realized I left out these players). 

This team would not even contend top 4 whatsoever. I hope this is not Naded's team 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Even if the CoD pros do, once they eventually get crowd funded tourneys, we will be the salty ones. FeelsSaltMan

Just depends on the size of our next tourney. If we get 2 regular 2.5mil LANs a year, plus some minor LANS throughout, we'll likely be more consistent. I believe Halo has more micro purchasing potential, since it's an older player base with more disposable income. 13 year olds are going to be difficult to get money from because they don't have their own credit cards and such.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Even if the CoD pros do, once they eventually get crowd funded tourneys, we will be the salty ones. FeelsSaltMan

not to be that guy but activision has a reputation for being greedy, i'm not really surprised they don't put a micro transaction % towards events 

• Upvote (+1) 3

As per my conversation w/ @@Mikwen on twitter:

nV is staying in Halo

For now it's Mikwen, Ola, Rayne and "orderedblock" aka, possibly Penguin? (penguin is my guess)

• Upvote (+1) 3

As per my conversation w/ @@Mikwen on twitter:

nV is staying in Halo

For now it's Mikwen, Ola, Rayne and "orderedblock" aka, possibly Penguin? (penguin is my guess)

They didn't play with Ola last night.

not to be that guy but activision has a reputation for being greedy, i'm not really surprised they don't put a micro transaction % towards events 

Interest in the game is slowly dwindling.  They removed the in-game population tracker for BO3.  I think they're worried that if they do crowd funding, the dollars coming from in-game purchases will drop with each successive game (as interest in the franchise as a whole drops).  It looks bad for investors if your game's prize-pool goes backwards, and if this were the case it would put pressure on Activision themselves to pump more of their own money in to make up the difference.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why's Ninja's !team command now 'There is no team as of yet', yesterday it read Ninja, Vic X, Ogre2 and Commonly right? Did I miss something? This will teach me to go outside, never again.

I just like changing the command around to keep people guessing.  :kappa:

They were running as a to4 (Ninja, VicX, 2gre, Commonly) so I made the command to keep par with the rostermania speculation.

Changed to "No team as of yet" because of the continuous questions about the old command.

Changed it again today to "Ninja is still with the Renegades org for now with Victory X. However nothing is set in stone and anything can change at any time." Seems to be the most appropriate way to answer the team question until an actual team is formed and contracts are signed.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think one thing that will always be a positive out of fear itself is his grind.  He genuinely enjoys playing the game, even when he wasnt on a team he played by himself or with some other people all the time, doesnt matter what time.  i see him online in the morning, during the day, or at night.  He plays on two accounts as well and both have like 10+ days of gameplay on them, his This Is FiS account has like 13 in arena, and that is all him without a team.  I'd love to see someone who loves the game be at the top, not that a lot of players dont love the game, but i just dont like seeing players who only get on for scrims

• Upvote (+1) 4

Interest in the game is slowly dwindling. They removed the in-game population tracker for BO3. I think they're worried that if they do crowd funding, the dollars coming from in-game purchases will drop with each successive game (as interest in the franchise as a whole drops). It looks bad for investors if your game's prize-pool goes backwards, and if this were the case it would put pressure on Activision themselves to pump more of their own money in to make up the difference.

I think M$ did it right in ponying up the first milli. It essentially became a proof of concept for them.

Honestly, I didn't expect the prize pool to get that high, plus we don't even know how much we actually raised if they capped it at 2.5m and saved the rest for pro league.

I'm glad they decided to go with free DLC, having ppl pay for that on top of the in game stuff we likely wouldn't have seen as much raised.

• Upvote (+1) 1

NV could be a sick team. Watching them at regionals, there was no doubt in my mind they were good enough. It's easy to forget how tough their pool was with EG/DNL. Take their two best players (Ola hasn't looked like his old self, but he's still very good), and add the two best players from the ELV team that outperformed everyone's expectations (even mine, no way I would have expected them to beat DNL) at worlds and I imagine they will be legitimate contenders in the future.

My only question about that team is who takes the back seat, Penguin or Mikwen. With two of the best slayers in the game on the same team, you have to expect one of their numbers to dip a little.

still pissed we barely saw his destruction at worlds. he was all over the kill feed but we were watching ppl crouching in a corner instead

anyone who says allegiance didnt deserve 2nd because of the tournament format dont know how amazing he and his team were really playing. 

Thank you!

Almost everytime they looked at the post game stats, he had the most kills for the team.  Glad EG scooped him up.

• Upvote (+1) 1

does twitch take a portion from donations, or subscriptions?

donations no

subs yes, twitch gets 2.50 and the streamer gets 2.50