CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

the pistol can easily win a battle against other rifles

Sure, but it's objectively easier to net kills with the rifles.

It's easier to change the pistol than it is to change every other gun in the game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

the pistol can easily win a battle against other rifles, the DMR has a longer red reticle range making it more effective yes, and the BR magnetism is too high. If there's something you want changed it should be the BR magnetism but it's the BR so nah leave it be right? The utility weapon isn't the best weapon to have, but it's a utility weapon effective at all ranges.

We effectively have 3 different ranges of combat with our utility weapons.

We have "Base" - the Pistol, which can fire effectively from the outskirts of Truth to top middle.  Then we have the BR/LR's range, which can basically fire from base to base on Truth with aim assist.  And then there's the Carbine/DMR, which can fire from Bubble all the way across map -- an even longer range than the BR.

The difference between BR/LR and Carbine/DMR isn't fully accentuated on most maps, but it does exist (and it's why I think a DMR should be placed outside Red on Eden TS to help combat the Sniper a little better, rather than a BR.  Ping it from further away reliably.)

The only things we need to change sandbox are the effectiveness of automatics (Kill time is fine, but the reliability to get those kills is a bit... TOO easy.  Should punish people who hold the trigger rather than using the automatics the way GOD INTENDED...feathering the trigger in order to reset the reticule and ensure accurate barrages.)

• Upvote (+1) 6

i agree but i think the lack of pop has to do with lack of features and etc

343 has done a good job of filling h5 up with free content. I don't see content as much of an issue and fixing that issue hasn't bumped the population up.

over what weapon? I average some of the most pistol kills per scrim and don't only rush to get other rifles so yes I would depending on what imaginary starting weapon I'm using in this scenario.

The BR or the DMR. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

over what weapon? I average some of the most pistol kills per scrim and don't only rush to get other rifles so yes I would depending on what imaginary starting weapon I'm using in this scenario.

Needler start?  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sure, but it's objectively easier to net kills with the rifles.

It's easier to change the pistol than it is to change every other gun in the game.

The simplest solution usually is not the best solution. If I had to make a change and got to do anything I wanted to I would probably not change the pistol at all. Reduce the automatic damage slightly. Make the rifles less easy specifically the BR. Increase respawn times on rifles and all of the automatics. Fix the sniper rifle hit boxes. Its not like the game really needs to be completely different. There are just some rough edges. The vast majority of those changes should actually be super quick fixes for 343.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

343 has done a good job of filling h5 up with free content. I don't see content as much of an issue and fixing that issue hasn't bumped the population up.

free content? god help you

• Downvote (-1) 1

The BR or the DMR.

No I wouldn't rush to drop them for the pistol, but imagine the shit show if one of those were the starting weapons.

I would rather have a good utility weapon that's usable in any range and have other options sometimes than have a dominant utility weapon though, not sure if you disagree.

• Upvote (+1) 8

If the BR or DMR were starting weapons, the Pistol would likely be buffed to be a faster kill time in close quarters situations in order to make it a better pick-up.

You act like the sandbox isn't balanced around the fact that you spawn with an AR+Magnum...

Uh, well if the pistol was buffed, then the pistol would be buffed. 

Soooooo...?

I would rather have a good utility weapon that's usable in any range and have other options sometimes

This is literally CE. 

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 16

Look, this is turning into the exact same debate the settings discussion flared up into last time.

Some people see the definition of a utility weapon as:

• Camp A: This gun should be the weapon I always choose to use over everything else (barring power weapons)
  • Camp B: This gun should do everything decently, but not stupendously
The people arguing for 4sk are in Camp A. They want the BR of other competitive halos back.

The people arguing for H5's current sandbox are staunchly in Camp B. They want every weapon to be used, which requires starting weapons to be slightly sub par versions of map pickups.

A gross generalization, maybe, but not by much. This argument will continue being circular because everyone starts with one of these base arguments. Neither camp is more right than the other, just different views of game and sandbox design.

You're not wrong but there is definitely a group C that wants a utility weapon more in line with the CE pistol. A weapon that has the POTENTIAL for fast enough kill times to dominate but is hard to use so it won't always reach that potential.

A 5sk h5 pistol just is not that. Even if you run around hitting every shot, you'l still lose a lot of gun fights. Even though landing perfect shots with pistol is harder than with other guns. I don't see that as being balanced.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Taking a break from the sandbox discussion, did Vic X ever join Ninja, Commonly, and 2gre last night for games? He has yet to join tonight either, if not.

Uh, well if the pistol was buffed, then the pistol would be buffed. 

Soooooo...?

This is literally CE. 

Did you only read the first part of his post?

The CE pistol was dominant at any range, the H5 pistol has a large aim assist drop off

Taking a break from the sandbox discussion, did Vic X ever join Ninja, Commonly, and 2gre last night for games? He has yet to join tonight either, if not.

He did last night.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

The simplest solution usually is not the best solution. If I had to make a change and got to do anything I wanted to I would probably not change the pistol at all. Reduce the automatic damage slightly. Make the rifles less easy specifically the BR. Increase respawn times on rifles and all of the automatics. Fix the sniper rifle hit boxes. Its not like the game really needs to be completely different. There are just some rough edges. The vast majority of those changes should actually be super quick fixes for 343.

Would they?

343 moves at a glacial pace.

Did you only read the first part of his post?

The CE pistol was dominant at any range, the H5 pistol has a large aim assist drop off

I am aware of the differences. Thank you. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1