CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

This is a well thought out and insightful response. Thank you! Your statements of personal defamation greatly increase my desire for civil discourse :)

Obviously there are marketing beats at work here, but I think you're greatly overestimating sales lift and the revenue from a one-off WarCraft sponsorship (as someone who sells esports sponsorships for a living).

I'm not claiming this is an act of charity. You're taking my response was out of context. I was clarifying that the community's desire to see an increased prizepool was not the primary motivating factor here, but their desire to have more cosmetics for their spartans. And yes, I do think it was generous of 343i to make it so that a portion of ALL REQ pack sales fed into the prize pool for HWC. No other developer has done something to that affect.

"greatly overestimating sales lift and the revenue from a one-off WarCraft sponsorship" I gave more examples of revenue with an "etc." on the end, I didn't say how much

"but largely it comes from the generosity of 343i who is willing to put a portion of ALL REQ pack sales into the prize pool" If this is the only reason for the generosity claim then my bad, it was a misunderstanding not a personal defamation attack as I didn't realize the "all req packs" was unique. However I still think an argument can be made it's what they calculated is best for their wallet in the end and not generous.

I'm glad he's going to be sticking around for a while longer.  He's been in a period of questionable form but I really believe he's still a monster.  I love the pickup of Suspector for EG because I think it will allow Lunch to slip into a more comfortable role as a "utility player" with three very strong slayers at his back.

Obviously he can't put as much time in due to real life catching up, but the dude is a grinder.  And as we saw at X Games if he's hot, he's clearly still one of the top players around.

I think that Lunch is, more than anyone, affected by the communication and general chemistry on the team. He's a true team player and he goes off when the whole team is playing as one.

Watching him play at X-Games was amazing, can't wait to see that again soon.

• Upvote (+1) 1

To put more fuel into the new Allegiance team flame, Spartan just created a new Twitter list titled "Squad" which has El Town, Stellur, and Unlegit in it.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Time for a mass migration of cod players to Halo. :simms:

Crim is DEFINITELY regretting not sticking with Halo  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Time for a mass migration of cod players to Halo. :simms:

But who?! Which CoD players could possibly be looking at competitive Halo? It's not like there are any CoD players who have extensive former experience with Halo!

I don't see it. I just don't see it!

• Upvote (+1) 6

But who?! Which CoD players could possibly be looking at competitive Halo? It's not like there are any CoD players who have extensive former experience with Halo!

I don't see it. I just don't see it!

Huke didn't have a problem transitioning.  

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Looks like the halo scene is about to get bigger thanks to activision killing off another game with its stupid ways

Why would Spartan stick with Renegades when El ToWn is keeping Allegiance and Spartan is teaming with El ToWn?

I had no idea. Still don't even know what time zone I'm supposed to be in let alone have caught up with post-event changes.

So far I think the only thing I caught on twitter was that Allegiance disbanded but El Town kept the organisation's support.

El Town and Spartan should be an interesting duo though.

Huke didn't have a problem transitioning.  

Who else?! Who else could there ever be in the CoD community capable enough to make a transition to Halo?! I dare you, name one. I bet you can't!

It is a hopeless thought!

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Jimbo, Naded, Maniac, Flame

Would be solid.

Im thinking that is what will happen tbh.

• Upvote (+1) 1