CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

He's on a much better squad now than he was with nV.

You can't go off names in h5. Different game, different players.

Yeah, but that nV squad was garbage. That's not really saying much. This team is a step in the right direction (splitting with Pistola) but it's not optimal.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Ninja should convince RNG to make contracts with the players so they can't leave him asap

Yeah sure that's a great way to build team chemistry

::kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Nope, never. Spartan had the one I designed for him, but Ninja is staying/has stuck within his own branding.

If Spartan left RNG, and joined El Town, and ALG confirmed they are building with El Town, wouldn't that mean that Sparty joined ALG? 

nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.

Realized it after I typed it. Hence, the deletion.

• Upvote (+1) 1

He also said anything is possible.

This-Child-Proves-anything-is-possible.g

Well to be real as a skateboarder this dose not count because he used crutches to help. Just like in Halo, having crutches don't count. 

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

so cod champs is only 1.6 mil lol. Formal might be starting to regret leaving.  Hes gonna win champs but man would I love to see him back at halo.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 5

But Allegiance got 3-0'd by Liquid and beat eLevate who 3-0'd Denial who beat Liquid. Everyone is better than everyone!

accidental neg bb

• Upvote (+1) 1

Swaping out 1 player, Lxthul was the problem. So they just need to find that 1 player that meshes with them.

I think we should make a note of everyone who thinks Lunchbox should be dropped or retire. Because when he goes Ham this coming season, you can all hang your head in shame for doubting my man  :intensifies:

It's beyond that...not like EG was dominating with Lxthul either. They won the very first OQ then lost to Leftovers in #2, WFX in #3 and in that fateful finals against ALG in #4. CLG is another level of dominance - even if EG gets a Lxthul clone it's not going to be enough, it needs to be someone with superb skill and meshes perfectly.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Long time lurker.. finally decided to create an account.

EG - Snipedown, Roy, Spartan, Suspector (****IF LBX RETIRES****)

Opinions?

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

A little late but I love how nobody was streaming before the event to hide strats but yet CLG streamed and still just had a walk in the park at the event.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

so cod champs is only 1.6 mil lol. Formal might be starting to regret leaving. Hes gonna win champs but man would I love to see him back at halo.

Way bigger community, more tournaments with cash prizes (weekly 1ks), larger sponsors and orgs, more structure already in place, more opportunities.

Doubt it.

• Upvote (+1) 5

so cod champs is only 1.6 mil lol. Formal might be starting to regret leaving.  Hes gonna win champs but man would I love to see him back at halo.

He honestly prob makes more money in total after streaming and everything. Not to mention he made like 20k in 3 weeks of CoD online tournaments.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Long time lurker.. finally decided to create an account.

EG - Snipedown, Roy, Spartan, Suspector (****IF LBX RETIRES****)

Opinions?

Doesn't sound like LBX is retiring at this time as Roy was saying on his stream earlier that everyone on EG were hungry for redemption. Seems like Suspector is the only change happening with EG

A little late but I love how nobody was streaming before the event to hide strats but yet CLG streamed and still just had a walk in the park at the event.

Because Halo strats arent that difficult and most cases are just openers. But for some reason teams have "analysts" in HALO. And most team play the same way, just that CLG destroys the other team no matter what they do.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Lunchbox is confirmed to not be retiring, guys. We need like a sticky or something in the side with that, I swear. I believe EG made the right pick up (not 1000% sure yet but close), but that's because there was only one opening in the team.

Had we seen Lunch retire, they needed a duo and would've gone with Raynguin, but Suspector is *probably* the best solo player out there thats not on CLG.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's not all about prize money in CoD. Popular pros (ESPECIALLY Optic members) make INSANE money when they stream. The only Halo pro who even comes close to what they pull is Ninja and I don't think even he has ever hit "Formal on a good night" numbers.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Snip

You do realise the Linda one is a troll account? This picture went Viral, mainly due to LadBible. Just google Linda Isis8281deb7dfa6e14192ca253810038b2e.png

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's not all about prize money in CoD. Popular pros (ESPECIALLY Optic members) make INSANE money when they stream. The only Halo pro who even comes close to what they pull is Ninja and I don't think even he has ever hit "Formal on a good night" numbers.

Well if Summit keeps streaming and promoting Halo, we may see stream numbers increase. :simms: Having Halo near the top of Twitch when he streams is really good, and hopefully it can have some lasting effects.

343/msoft Generosity? They used 1 million from their MCC heist and the community's money in their plan for the prize pool to look more appealing to make even more money overall from selling more copies, sponsorships like warcraft, organisations like optic joining, compete with other games etc. You think they giveaway 2.5 mill to be nice? Do you even business?

Josh Holmes (and anyone else who made it possible) making that emblem for gentlemen who lost his children was generous/nice.

This is a well thought out and insightful response. Thank you! Your statements of personal defamation greatly increase my desire for civil discourse :)

Obviously there are marketing beats at work here, but I think you're greatly overestimating sales lift and the revenue from a one-off WarCraft sponsorship (as someone who sells esports sponsorships for a living).

I'm not claiming this is an act of charity. You're taking my response was out of context. I was clarifying that the community's desire to see an increased prizepool was not the primary motivating factor here, but their desire to have more cosmetics for their spartans. And yes, I do think it was generous of 343i to make it so that a portion of ALL REQ pack sales fed into the prize pool for HWC. No other developer has done something to that affect.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I could be mistaken since that link doesn't work and therefore didn't read it, but I believe they originally said the $3M would span the whole season or year, not just one tournament (like HCS $2.5M was one tournament alone).

It does work. Yeah the 3 million is over various events. But like, its not like COD has less prize money, its just worked differently.

I doubt formal is gonna say "We have $500,000 extra but its over the course of the season, not one tournment? Im out"....