CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

But Allegiance got 3-0'd by Liquid and beat eLevate who 3-0'd Denial who beat Liquid. Everyone is better than everyone!

Rock-paper-scissors

Which is why we need double-elim play. There is more than enough time for it during a weekend LAN. 

Plus it makes for a better tournament. It's exciting watching a team make a LB run. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I get the hype around the potential of TSM coming to Halo, but until anything is official, Ninja/VicX/2gre/Commonly is gonna be Renagades in my eyes.

Also, any chance TSM picks up Naded's new squad (if there's a new squad)? I know yall are deadset on RNG becoming TSM, but someone earlier said a management guy at TSM followed Naded on Twitter(I know, bit of a stretch), and as of now, Naded is org-less. Kinda tinfoily, but just a thought.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Best guesses and leaks although NOTHING is confirmed yet as far as I know.

Allegiance = Spartan, Stellur, eL Town, UnLegit

Renegades/TSM = Ninja, Victory X, Ogre2, Commonlyy

nV? = Mikwen, Pistola, Raaayne, unknown 4th that most suspect is Penguin

Confirmed:

Evil Geniuses = Roy, Snipedown, Lunchbox, Suspector

randa also popped into snakebite's stream earlier to say he was dropped from WFX, but idk how serious he was.

randa.png

• Upvote (+1) 2

randa also popped into snakebite's stream earlier to say he was dropped from WFX, but idk how serious he was.

randa.png

Well if he was serious, from that last statement we can assume Domey got dropped as well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ninja just said on stream that TSM is not getting involved in Halo, to his knowledge

also just said that they expected Stellur to leave RNG but he was surprised by Spartan leaving

• Upvote (+1) 1

Having 4 "main slayers" on a team only works if the whole team collectively agrees they are playing for the win and nothing but. There's not enough kills on the map for all of them to look good so there'd have to be sacrifice

The reason CLG is so good is because they all 4 have the shots/awareness to mainslay but Lxthul & Snakebite are "do whatever it takes" to win type players.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ninja just said on stream that TSM is not getting involved in Halo, to his knowledge

also just said that they expected Stellur to leave RNG but he was surprised by Spartan leaving

I do think it's odd that Spartan left, especially considering Commonly seems to have come back. The old Leftovers team was very, very good with Commonly, it was still good with Stellur but it didn't seem to mesh quite as well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

He also said anything is possible.

This-Child-Proves-anything-is-possible.g

• Upvote (+1) 5

But Allegiance got 3-0'd by Liquid and beat eLevate who 3-0'd Denial who beat Liquid. Everyone is better than everyone!

If you just look @ bracket play (lose or go home), Denial has only lost to CLG ;)

The amount of people that think you can win a tournament by stacking your roster with players whose KD ratios are inflated by the amount the use power weapons is absurd.

Yes, Penguin and Suspector are damn good players. But if you put them both on the same team, you are failing to accentuate their strengths as players.

You are making them look collectively worse.

I also found it weird how many people wanted EG to pick up both Suspector and Penguin. Whether or not having both Snipedown and Suspector on the same team will work out is already a big enough question as it is and people want to add penguin into the mix as well? doesn't make much sense really.

They'll usually support why they think that team will work by saying something like "well CLG is a team of all 4 slayers so why couldn't this team work". But the thing about CLG is that each player has their own distinct role in the team they all just happen to be the best players in those roles at this current time and can all still slay heavily in those roles. They aren't just the 4 best slayers thrown onto one team. They're arguably the best 4 players at the moment but there are still a handful of slayers out there that are better at slaying than tj and/or frosty. But if you switch those players in for tj or frosty, CLG aren't nearly as good because tj and frosty bring so much more to the team than just being able to slay. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Having 4 "main slayers" on a team only works if the whole team collectively agrees they are playing for the win and nothing but. There's not enough kills on the map for all of them to look good so there'd have to be sacrifice

The reason CLG is so good is because they all 4 have the shots/awareness to mainslay but Lxthul & Snakebite are "do whatever it takes" to win type players.

i wouldnt categorize any of them as main slayers except for royal 2. Being really skilled doesnt mean u r a main slayer, it's playstyle and royal 2 is the only one who really plays that way on that team
  • Upvote (+1) 4

As far as beating CLG is concerned we can't overlook how close Epsilon came to doing that in the group stage. Raw slaying had little to do with that.

I don't think it will come down to just trying to stack a team with the goal of outslaying them, but one that can capitalise on mistakes immediately while not making it recovering very well from their own mistakes.

A lot of it will be mental as well. After tying the first game of the finals it was fairly obvious that it would be a sweep from that point onward because CLG are so stable and capable of moving forward from a misstep so smoothly.

Until another team can match them in composure I don't see them losing a series.

On another topic I really hope Spartan sticks with the Renegades organisation. It was super cool to see him waving their flag and wearing their apparel which seemed to suit him well this past weekend.

I can't say I was a big fan before, but the way he played and interacted with the crowd in LA was great. I hope to see him do even bigger things this season.

P.S. I firmly believe that Snakebite is the best player in the game right now. Thoughts?

He was just clearing the rumor of him and Vic x with TSM, they can still be getting in to halo.

Also he emphasized that nothing is set in stone, even said Victory could leave for any team he wants Stating that's how hectic Rostermania is that anything is possible.

Edit: Ninja reaffirmed what I said, TSM could still join, they just aren't in talks with Ninja and Co at the moment.

Didn't Ninja have a Renegades layover on his stream?

Hasn't that recently changed?

Why would he do that if he was still going to continue under the Renegades org?

I think it is pretty clear that Spartan is going to keep the Renegades organization, and Ninja and Co. are reaching out for another one.

Nope, never. Spartan had the one I designed for him, but Ninja is staying/has stuck within his own branding.

If Spartan left RNG, and joined El Town, and ALG confirmed they are building with El Town, wouldn't that mean that Sparty joined ALG? 

nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.

• Upvote (+1) 4

On another topic I really hope Spartan sticks with the Renegades organisation. It was super cool to see him waving their flag and wearing their apparel which seemed to suit him well this past weekend.

I can't say I was a big fan before, but the way he played and interacted with the crowd in LA was great. I hope to see him do even bigger things this season.

Yea, Spartan and stellur are already off RNG and teaming with ALG

I would have liked to see EG give Commonly / Box the boot and then take Suspector and Penguin.  

I don't think swapping out 1 player is the answer for them.  

Swaping out 1 player, Lxthul was the problem. So they just need to find that 1 player that meshes with them.

I think we should make a note of everyone who thinks Lunchbox should be dropped or retire. Because when he goes Ham this coming season, you can all hang your head in shame for doubting my man  :intensifies:

• Upvote (+1) 5

i wouldnt categorize any of them as main slayers except for royal 2. Being really skilled doesnt mean u r a main slayer, it's playstyle and royal 2 is the only one who really plays that way on that team

Was gonna say this.

Ninja should convince RNG to make contracts with the players so they can't leave him asap

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I can guarantee you when it comes down to money that the players don't look at the scoreboard unless they are checking to see how many are dead. Stats aren't important if they are getting wins. I don't think there are any pros who really care about stats, for some reason the community is obsessed with them though.