CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Are you saying that if the radar is turned off you won't be able to ninja anymore in this game?

A ninja is dependent on the radar in most cases. That's the whole spectacle.

It would just take more skill...like everything else without radar :)

What? Having good headphones isn't skill. The whole concept of the ninja is seeing that someone is chasing and then turning the situation around. Unless you have eyes behind your head.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would have liked to see EG give Commonly / Box the boot and then take Suspector and Penguin.

I don't think swapping out 1 player is the answer for them.

While I agree that just changing one player may not solve the problem, let's wait until they start scrimming together to see if it works.

The ONLY WAY teams will beat CLG will be through keeping up in the slaying department.

I disagree, CLG loves to run the flag when when the opposing team still has multiple players alive.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What? Having good headphones isn't skill. The whole concept of the ninja is seeing that someone is chasing and then turning the situation around. Unless you have eyes behind your head.

I mean it wasn't hard to do in Halo 3, Halo Reach, and even Halo 4. I don't think it's going to be a problem with Halo 5 being that it's the easiest game to get ninjas because you had a thruster to help you do that.

I disagree, CLG loves to run the flag when when the opposing team still has multiple players alive.

Yes but CLG can't run flag if they go 4 down :puckett:
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Footsteps are mini earthquakes in this game. My headset cost £20 and I can still hear them perfectly, but besides you can time the ninja based on your proximity to the person from when you last looked at them. It is harder with no radar not impossible.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Cratos catches too much heat sometimes, but if THAT'S the reason he tweeted that, he's just being a salty puss.

Yes, ALG got 2nd and EG didn't.

Does anyone ACTUALLY think ALG was/is a better team? I'll wait.

ALG beat Renegades and EG didn't, giving themselves the early matchup against CLG, so you tell me!

You don't need radar to get a ninja. All you need is someone to chase you and good timing. And yes, good headphones that do surround sound or something to that effect makes it easier.

Yea more LANS is a must and it still kills me to see no LAN support in h5. I'm confident NJHALO would have a phenomenal turn out, but they aren't hosting H5 because of no LAN support....

Just out of curiosity how much would it cost to buy a " closed server" like the ones 343i used for regional and worlds?

It's more the special build of the game than it is a closed server. You can probably buy a server for not that much but there wouldn't be a magical way for Halo 5 to use that server without a build of the game made so it works with that server.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yes, you can see (with your eyes and not radar) them coming and then go around a corner and time it. You might mess it up because they don't chase or because you mistime it but that's where the skill factor comes in. I've gotten plenty of ninjas without headphones or radar and it's not like I'm pro or something.

ALG beat Renegades and EG didn't, giving themselves the early matchup against CLG, so you tell me!

ALG is not better than EG. EG has consistently beat them online and on LAN at x-games.
  • Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

ALG is not better than EG. EG has consistently beat them online and on LAN at x-games.

Sure, and I generally agree with this. But people are still pointing at the finishes at Worlds as if ALG did nothing, while they beat the team that essentially sent EG to an early knock out. They're not some randoms.

I'd have to agree. I think LBX suffered from "real life" a lot leading up to Worlds. I think his "monster" ability is still there, but it depends on how committed he wants to be. But who could blame him either way? There is a life after Halo.

However, I thought a Snipedown/Roy/Sus/Penguin team would be fantastic, because you could put Roy in that aggressive OBJ spot. Roy is quite adept at OBJ play, so you'd have a top slayer filling that role.

The ONLY WAY teams will beat CLG will be through keeping up in the slaying department.

I think that Lunchbox could easily be a top 5 player if he really put 100% into the game. Just look at how he performed at xgames. If he always played like that he would be amazing.

Right...ALG had ZERO percent chance of beating EG, especially the way EG performed that tourney. Even the most diehard EG fans have to say their team didn't play that great.

• Upvote (+1) 1

spent the last day reading like a hundred pages but i feel like ill never get caught up lol. I got so far

Ninja commonly vicx ogre2

spartan unlegit eltown stellur

Anything else??? 

People keep using that as a way to judge who is better and it just doesn't work that way.

If they continue to use single elim, then there needs to be a veto system.

Otherwise it involves luck. Had roles been reversed and ALG faced CLG first round and got swept, ppl would make the same argument. All these guys were deserving of any of the places 2-8. But we won't be able to know who was really better. The only thing for certain or really hard to argue at least is the rightful team won it all.

• Upvote (+1) 1

spent the last day reading like a hundred pages but i feel like ill never get caught up lol. I got so far

Ninja commonly vicx ogre2

spartan unlegit eltown stellur

Anything else??? 

Best guesses and leaks although NOTHING is confirmed yet as far as I know.

Allegiance = Spartan, Stellur, eL Town, UnLegit

Renegades/TSM = Ninja, Victory X, Ogre2, Commonlyy

nV? = Mikwen, Pistola, Raaayne, unknown 4th that most suspect is Penguin

Confirmed:

Evil Geniuses = Roy, Snipedown, Lunchbox, Suspector

• Upvote (+1) 1

Best guesses and leaks although NOTHING is confirmed yet as far as I know.

Allegiance = Spartan, Stellur, eL Town, UnLegit

Renegades/TSM = Ninja, Victory X, Ogre2, Commonlyy

nV? = Mikwen, Pistola, Raaayne, unknown 4th that most suspect is Penguin

Confirmed:

Evil Geniuses = Roy, Snipedown, Lunchbox, Suspector

thanks i feel like a really good team could be Ola,hysteria,apg, heinz 

The guys are part of the legendary Counter Gaming Logic team -- a 5-man super squad comprised of some of the best video gamers alive

:lxthul:

But Allegiance got 3-0'd by Liquid and beat eLevate who 3-0'd Denial who beat Liquid. Everyone is better than everyone!

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1