CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Last of the HWC Finals stats :)

The ANZ/LATAM/Asia regions might not be as strong as NA/EU, but they played their hearts out and I hope we get to see these teams keep improving for the next Worlds.

5eAeqkn.png

SazJczl.png

Jlh9oRp.png

Hx9BMme.png

• Upvote (+1) 5

What would you guys think if ESL/Halo adopted this model?

Not a bad idea. Having not followed competitive Halo since the mid-Reach days, when I watched the HWC and saw how the pool system was created through qualifiers and what-not, made me question how AM teams were meant to break out.

So far this seems to be the best suggestion I've seen to counter the problem of only focusing on pro teams. Also, love that quote you posted. Really sums it up well.

Off-topic: Callum I love you and I miss you.

Edit: typing on mobile

• Upvote (+1) 2

Chig retired for the time being, he said he has no drive to compete in H5.

This is the legit worst feeling.

Not that I was ever good, but having no drive to scrims and stuff sucks. Happened midway through H3 for me, glad I still get entertainment from streams, forums and tourneys though.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Not a bad idea. Having not followed competitive Halo since the mid-Reach days, when I watched the HWC and saw how the pool system was created through qualifiers and what-not, made me question how AM teams were meant to break out without having an open bracket.

So far this seems to be the best suggestion I've seen to counter the problem.

Off-topic: Callum I love you and I miss you.

<3 Hope you've been well man. You playing any games? I'm on League and Halo if you play either we can catch up some!

And yes, I entirely agree. The game before the Qualifiers and seemingly now are designed to cater to the Pros. While they deserve the attention and spotlight and are undoubtedly the best in the game...its incredibly difficult for new up and comers to make a name for themselves.

Especially if you create a Pro League that only caters to the Top 8 teams, They'll say that new teams can break into the Pro League by XYZ...But 100% of the time, those new teams will be made of Top 8 Players sitting on the cusp of getting in(Seeds 8-12/16) in a traditional Top 16.

This is the legit worst feeling.

Not that I was ever good, but having no drive to scrims and stuff sucks. Happened midway through H3 for me, glad I still get entertainment from streams, forums and tourneys though.

:cry: My feels.

2ptsab4.gif

tumblr_inline_mt3yuom3ws1qc4cv9.gif

• Upvote (+1) 4

Wow, a lot of stuff happened overnight. On the radar: I don't want to live in a world without Ninjas :(

Are you saying that if the radar is turned off you won't be able to ninja anymore in this game?

Ninja is going to be the main slayer on this team. That's a role he hasn't filled in a while.

Ninja is a weird Slayer/Objective player hybrid because of his hyper aggressiveness. On Renegades he had Spartan to assist in slaying (who I would say was the "Main Slayer" of the squad) which lead him to be at the front lines often grabbing flags or cleaning up kills, with Stellur/VicX as Supports.

That's what is concerning me about the TSM Squad, they don't have a reliable person to be up front with Ninja. First option would be Commonly but he just came off of EG who have Lunchbox/Roy filling that role. I think TSM's success is PURELY going to rely on how Commonly and Ninja adjust their play styles and work together.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Last of the HWC Finals stats :)

The ANZ/LATAM/Asia regions might not be as strong as NA/EU, but they played their hearts out and I hope we get to see these teams keep improving for the next Worlds.

Hx9BMme.png

I want to make fun of Skyfire's stats but I know damn well I'd do even worse.

Man, I've really had no opinion on Cratos or the Cratos hate, but saying something as ridiculous as "only one other player wants to win" sure makes me understand it. I mean, what a dumb thing to say. Yeah, these pros have poured an absurd number of hours in, are very competitive people, and have big money on the line, but only you (and Lethul, supposedly) actually want to win. Naded, Snipedown, Ninja, etc etc yeah no, they don't want to win, they don't really care. Just you! Right.

This is all about Cratos vs Suspector if you actually read all his tweets. He thinks Suspector left him for a team unable to win but went because EG is a big org so he can get more followers and establish himself.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I want to make fun of Skyfire's stats but I know damn well I'd do even worse.

NA hiding video people destroyed asian teams lol, dont be so sure you're much worse.

Referencing Adam Apicellas recent tweets, it is essential that Halo has more tournaments etc. Pro League aside it won't be enough. The best esports have Local Events all the time. It also allows for new talent to shine through. I won't be surprised if there's only 3 LAN events total before the next World Championship.

Yea more LANS is a must and it still kills me to see no LAN support in h5. I'm confident NJHALO would have a phenomenal turn out, but they aren't hosting H5 because of no LAN support....

Just out of curiosity how much would it cost to buy a " closed server" like the ones 343i used for regional and worlds?

Are you saying that if the radar is turned off you won't be able to ninja anymore in this game?

It would just take more skill...like everything else without radar :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would have liked to see EG give Commonly / Box the boot and then take Suspector and Penguin.  

I don't think swapping out 1 player is the answer for them.  

Yea more LANS is a must and it still kills me to see no LAN support in h5. I'm confident NJHALO would have a phenomenal turn out, but they aren't hosting H5 because of no LAN support....

Just out of curiosity how much would it cost to buy a " closed server" like the ones 343i used for regional and worlds?

1. LAN Support is an issue with the Console, not Halo 5 (although H5 was built around the consoles infrastructure)
  2. That's not how closed servers work. You'd need extensive knowledge of Halo 5's dev kits and tools to utilize a dedicated server, if you were even to purchase one of the correct specifications.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

:cry: My feels.

2ptsab4.gif

tumblr_inline_mt3yuom3ws1qc4cv9.gif

The very fact that this is what you would look like if you started lifting and juicing made me laugh. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

<3 Hope you've been well man. You playing any games? I'm on League and Halo if you play either we can catch up some!

Join me and Bert for some BTB tonight.

I know TSM coming into Halo is always talked about when rostermania is going on. But it seems like this time there might actually be something to it.

TSM Derrick the org's VP of operations, manager of the CSGO team, and the guy who I believe was largely responsible for TSM getting into cod has recently followed quite a few people involved in halo. Including Phil Spencer, Bonnie Ross, Wolfkill, Frankie, Che, and Naded. https://twitter.com/TSMDerrick/following If I had to guess he's probably the TSM management guy who attended HWC that everyone is talking about. 

I'm not saying that TSM will for sure be entering into the halo scene or anything like that but it certainly seems as if they are indeed interested and the TSM talk isn't just completely baseless wishful thinking like it may have been in the past. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

This is all about Cratos vs Suspector if you actually read all his tweets. He thinks Suspector left him for a team unable to win but went because EG is a big org so he can get more followers and establish himself.

Cratos catches too much heat sometimes, but if THAT'S the reason he tweeted that, he's just being a salty puss.

Yes, ALG got 2nd and EG didn't.

Does anyone ACTUALLY think ALG was/is a better team? I'll wait.

I can't tell if you're agreeing with me or not, but it seems like you are.

That fits my point even more.

Mikwen/Ola had a great regionals. They played well against two of the best teams in the game while having little support.

What do you mean? They both posted under 1 K/D and had almost identical KA/D as Ogre 2

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I would have liked to see EG give Commonly / Box the boot and then take Suspector and Penguin.  

I don't think swapping out 1 player is the answer for them.  

I'd have to agree. I think LBX suffered from "real life" a lot leading up to Worlds. I think his "monster" ability is still there, but it depends on how committed he wants to be. But who could blame him either way? There is a life after Halo.

However, I thought a Snipedown/Roy/Sus/Penguin team would be fantastic, because you could put Roy in that aggressive OBJ spot. Roy is quite adept at OBJ play, so you'd have a top slayer filling that role.

The ONLY WAY teams will beat CLG will be through keeping up in the slaying department.

What do you mean? They both posted under 1 K/D and had almost identical KA/D as Ogre 2

You should catch up on posts following that one. It's been explained.