CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

$5 bucks on Flamesword making a video and saying "we're looking for two but we just want to see what happens. We are going to wait until Pro League is officially announced. Gotta try some different guys out."

That means the other is probably @

Talk about a team with Slaying power....

Penguin/Rayne/Mikwen

with Ola (who is no slouch at slaying, as evidenced by regionals) running the OBJ's?

I'd love to root for that team. I actually really hope Penguin and Rayne don't split, and this team would be more in the mold of how H5 needs to be played

• Upvote (+1) 2

I hate that. I like EG but knowing thats in Lunchbox's vocabulary makes it very difficult for me to root for them.

or maybe it was in his vocabulary at some point and isn't any longer.

That happens with a lot of people.

I was never a a fan of the "n" word, especially as a white man, but going to high school at a predominantly colored school showed me that there are a TON of people of all races who have it in their vocab at some point.

The point is, people grow and change as they mature, which is how the whole "LBX said the n word" thing started.... people are just pointing out that Cratos could very well have learned from his earlier missteps.

Seriously confused by this.  Mikwen and Ola are mediocre at H5; Pistola hasn't been scary since 2012.  I think we need to stop focusing on names ...

to be fair, Ola and Mikwen BOTH looked very good at regionals despite being on a dysfunctional team that hardly got to practice.

It's hard to click when 2gre posts a .75 k/d and Arcanum found a way to manage a .55 k/d.

Wow, a lot of stuff happened overnight. On the radar: I don't want to live in a world without Ninjas :(

• Upvote (+1) 1

Of course the guy who has been playing Halo for the shortest amount of time compared to everyone else in the league would seem like the 'weakest' link.  He honestly has the greatest potential.

yep.

Huke is basically a child who just started playing Halo literally MONTHS ago.

The sky is the limit.

• Upvote (+1) 2

What does him not having been around for more than a couple of years to do with it?

Because that pretty directly correlates to his "experience" that people have been talking about. I wasn't trying to discredit him with how good he is, just that I don't think he's as experienced as others have said.

Of course the guy who has been playing Halo for the shortest amount of time compared to everyone else in the league would seem like the 'weakest' link. He honestly has the greatest potential.

Accidental neg man my bad

In 7 games vs Denial and EG.

I can't tell if you're agreeing with me or not, but it seems like you are.

That fits my point even more.

Mikwen/Ola had a great regionals. They played well against two of the best teams in the game while having little support.

Mikwen/Ola had a great regionals. They played well against two of the best teams in the game while having little support.

2gre has shitty KD's but amazing KDA's and he will always put his person in terrible spots to help the team. Sure, his gunskill isn't the best but let's not look at one stat that is pretty irrelevant anyways.

hmm, going to have to agree to disagree as I thought 2gre played the best on that team at regionals

I'm saying that's way too small of a sample size to give any relevancy to K/D and KA/D.

Also, stats are such a small part of how a player did; that judging any player off it alone is wrong.

to be fair, Ola and Mikwen BOTH looked very good at regionals despite being on a dysfunctional team that hardly got to practice.

It's hard to click when 2gre posts a .75 k/d and Arcanum found a way to manage a .55 k/d.

2gre's KDA was actually up there with Mikwen and Ola's. It's not like he shit the bed. I seem to recall Regionals actually proving to some that Ogre still had it.

• Upvote (+1) 5

2gre has shitty KD's but amazing KDA's and he will always put his person in terrible spots to help the team. Sure, his gunskill isn't the best but let's not look at one stat that is pretty irrelevant anyways.

I knew I'd get shit for that.

I should have separated my points about 2gre and Arc, but I'm at work and typed it up quickly.

Yes, I know he played all right and wasn't dead weight, or anything like that. But he didn't exactly excel either.

What does him not having been around for more than a couple of years to do with it?

The experience and ability to not get reversed-swept.  :ghost:

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Maybe some were but you're definitely assuming here. Whoever just posted said Royal 2 preferred them. Fairly sure Roy has said they make h5 less random than would be without them because of abilities. I'm sure others feel this way as well. Never going to be an all or nothing thing but the stubbornness on them is out of control. They don't hinder the viewing experience, people need to get off their high horses. I absolutely hated the idea of radar and now I don't care. Adapt.

I absolutely hated the idea of bloom but then Ogre 2 said that no bloom would make the game less skillful and since it doesn't hinder the viewing experience for me it doesn't hinder it for anyone. Adapt.

Oh, I'm in the wrong year. Sorry.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Referencing Adam Apicellas recent tweets, it is essential that Halo has more tournaments etc. Pro League aside it won't be enough. The best esports have Local Events all the time. It also allows for new talent to shine through. I won't be surprised if there's only 3 LAN events total before the next World Championship.

it sucks we have to rely on official support or risk going to locals which may or may not work 

Do you guys think Chig retired or do you think he'll get back on a team?

If he can't get on a top team I don't see him competing. Don't think he will play if it means being on an average team.