CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Cratos, Lifestyle, Shooter, Nemassist are running games.

99% sure these guys teamed in H4 as Crowd Pleasers

• Upvote (+1) 1

Summit is having a blast playing Halo, I love it. Meanwhile Nadeshot is struggling and just wants to play CS.

I had it on repeat for about 4 hours the other day. :D

It's that good, right? I ripped it off youtube and put it in the playlist i just had on. Heard it a few times now lol. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

So who here thinks that this new Ninja team has even the smallest chance at beating CLG?

Ogre 2 and Vic X have not even close to enough slaying power to compete against CLG. Then you have Commonly who is a great player imo but also not a main slayer from what I heard. All that is left is Ninja who can slay for sure but is also inconsistent sometimes.

I could be wrong but this team doesn't sound that promising to me. On paper at least.

• Upvote (+1) 3

In reference to whom?

Would someone photoshop carlos on the WWE carlito cool guy saying "i spit in the faces of people who do not want to win", I don't have the steady hands or technology to pull off an operation like that

• Upvote (+1) 1

So who here thinks that this new Ninja team has even the smallest chance at beating CLG?

Ogre 2 and Vic X have not even close to enough slaying power to compete against CLG. Then you have Commonly who is a great player imo but also not a main slayer from what I heard. All that is left is Ninja who can slay for sure but is also inconsistent sometimes.

I could be wrong but this team doesn't sound that promising to me. On paper at least.

If that team is still a thing by the time the pro league rolls around, they'll be the Turning Point of Halo 5. Extremely popular with Beyond/fans but not very good.

Against CLG, Victory X was second on his team in KA/D and Dam/D in every scrim.

Ninja is going to be the main slayer on this team. That's a role he hasn't filled in a while.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Cratos, Lifestyle, Shooter, Nemassist are running games.

99% sure these guys teamed in H4 as Crowd Pleasers

Yup

CCYEOSm.png

It's also funny to see a lot of players he teamed with then that were top amateur players at the time but are now all pros. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I sort of disagree just because of Ninja's playstyle. When they're stomping other teams hes going to look good but when the games are close I think its going to come down to Commonly (or whoever) playing well and Victory/2gre not playing badly. They're desperately going to need to stay consistent. 

Victory/2gre are probably my two favorite players of all time though so I'm hoping its a good fit.

Couple of things about "TSM"

1. Victory X should never be overlooked but often is.

2. Doubting OGRE 2 is generally a mistake.

Now I know people will argue that this is a new game and that I'm just being nostalgic, and I'm not saying they're wrong. I'm just saying that the "new game" argument has happened before and it's worth looking at his placing history on esportspedia.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Yeah looking at Cratos past team history I think it would be safe to say that this is probably going to be his team.

I'd say Optic Lifestyle is no more.

on paper the only team that would have made a dent into CLG  is Denial with Spartan instead of Huke.

• Upvote (+1) 1

i agree.  with spartans experience there would've been so much more objective being done and opportunities being taken full advantage of! (not taking away from Huke, the kids a young goat already and will gain all of that experience in no time)

• Upvote (+1) 1

on paper the only team that would have made a dent into CLG  is Denial with Spartan instead of Huke.

I agree, I've always felt that Huke is the "weakest" member of Denial.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I agree, I've always felt that Huke is the "weakest" member of Denial.

Of course the guy who has been playing Halo for the shortest amount of time compared to everyone else in the league would seem like the 'weakest' link.  He honestly has the greatest potential.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Can we be honest here? The $2.5MM prizepool did not come from the community's sense of goodwill and desire to support the prize pool for #HWC. Obviously some of it can be attributed to that factor, but largely it comes from the generosity of 343i who is willing to put a portion of ALL REQ pack sales into the prize pool.

Do you think the TI5 prizepool reached $18MM+ because everyone loved the teams and the tournament so much? No. It's because Valve made some amazing hats (in-game cosmetics) and tied them to the compendium. Same thing with #HWC. If there were no cosmetics tied to the growth of the prize pool, what would it have reached? Please don't understate 343i's generosity and genuine effort to help grow + give back to their competitive player base through the prize pool of this event.

343/msoft Generosity? They used 1 million from their MCC heist and the community's money in their plan for the prize pool to look more appealing to make even more money overall from selling more copies, sponsorships like warcraft, organisations like optic joining, compete with other games etc. You think they giveaway 2.5 mill to be nice? Do you even business?

Josh Holmes (and anyone else who made it possible) making that emblem for gentlemen who lost his children was generous/nice.

• Upvote (+1) 3

343/msoft Generosity? They used 1 million from their MCC heist and the community's money in their plan for the prize pool to look more appealing to make even more money overall from selling more copies, sponsorships like warcraft, organisations like optic joining, compete with other games etc. You think they giveaway 2.5 mill to be nice? Do you even business?

Well obviously it was a business decision.

However they just as easily could have kept the Req money and not spent it on the competitive scene. In the grand scheme of things and probably from Microsoft's view the HCS is essentially marketing, however it seems pretty obvious that 343 genuinely wants the competitive scene to grow.

• Upvote (+1) 3

People really think the combination of Ogre 2 + Ninja could work?

I'm not a huge fan (although he's extremely likeable) of Ninja's play style, but if Ogre 2 could get him to reign it in a little and play smart, we could see a new and improved Ninja. The talent is obviously there.

• Upvote (+1) 1