CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Royal 2 just said in Summit's stream that he thinks there will be testing for no radar in competitive play. He also said he prefers the radar.  :intel:

ETA: Beaten by a second.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I could end up being really wrong here, but at first glance it seems like both RNG duos ended up on worse teams.

I'm thinking same.

I hope they come to this realization on their own and Spartan rejoins Vic, Ninja, and Commonly to reform RNGv1. They were scary before Commonly left.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Royal 2 just said on summits stream that they are possibly testing no radar this season.

Not a confirmation, just a possibility.

Not to bring this discussion up but everyone always says it puts off new viewers/players because its not the same to have no radar, its too "jarring", but I have a question about that/another point of view.

Lets say everything else is the same and the only thing different between the two is radar on/off. Couldn't a newer player/viewer simply view it like "So they're the same, but the Arena playlist/Tournament gametypes are harder because of no radar, it puts more emphasis on teamwork/communication/coordination". This could even be something 343 states in a blog or whatever for the change, to ease it.

Like is this such a stretch of a viewpoint? Do more casual players not think like this? Would they not?

At first I didn't like no radar because I was so used to it, but as someone who just uses their TV for game sound I kind of appreciate it now.

Loving the Summit Halo love.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can anyone update me on team changes please? Just confirmed ones. Don't need speculations yet, cause that's what scrolling through the forums are for! Haha

Mikwen has always been good at Halo 5 and didn't Ola look really good leading up to the LAN qualifiers? 

I think a lot people forget that nV had to face EG and Denial to qualify. They were still a good team with good players. 

Mikwen himself said, in this thread, that he's not very good at H5 and has a lot to work on.  Ola did not look good leading up to the qualifiers imo ... he looked good but not like the old Ola.  

i think vic x gets dropped for a hardcore slayer, unless he can flip a switch and play that role. i think lots of good players would be willing to leave for ogre 2 still, or at least 1 great slayer, penguin. apg, ace, bubu, etccccccccc

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

would love to see TSM come to halo as well,

to get slapped ofc  :puckett:

summit1g saying on stream he thinks halo is much harder to learn than csgo.  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 6

Royal 2 just said in Summit's stream that he thinks there will be testing for no radar in competitive play. He also said he prefers the radar.  :intel:

ETA: Beaten by a second.

THANK GOD. RADAR IS HORRID. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not the radar nonsense again smh. I once too was stubborn, until I realized it makes sense the way H5 plays. You would think several pros saying this would open more eyes

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 5

This TSM memery is quickly approaching Formal coming back levels.

TSM Formal confirmed?  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Not the radar nonsense again smh. I once too was stubborn, until I realized it makes sense the way H5 plays. You would think several pros saying this would open more eyes

pretty sure the pros were against removing radar because it would be a huge change to make in the middle of a $2.5m tournament season. Now that the season is over I'm sure we'll see more experimenting with it gone / pros wanting it removed.

• Upvote (+1) 7

You were pro-jetpack in H4, weren't you?

• Upvote (+1) 12
  • Downvote (-1) 5

i think vic x gets dropped for a hardcore slayer, unless he can flip a switch and play that role. i think lots of good players would be willing to leave for ogre 2 still, or at least 1 great slayer, penguin. apg, ace, bubu, etccccccccc

Accidental neg, sorry. Although I think that roster will do fine slayer-wise, personally.

I think Ogre2's first choice of teammates for Pro League was Huke and Bubu, given all of the time he spent playing with them between Regionals and Worlds, but once it was made clear to him that Denial were sticking together, he sought out Ninja and Commonly.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Royal 2 also said that he likes radar in this game.

Scrim update:

Randa's Team 3 - 9 Mikwen's Team

• Upvote (+1) 1