CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So am I the only one that sees Spartan and Stellur going to OpTic with flame and Maniac? Stellur said that he would come back to OpTic some day and Spartan explained in a vlog that the only reason that he didn't join OpTic was because his phone was dead.

Seems like they both want to be there and they already have chemistry with each other. I think it could happen.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Can't wait for @@CyReN to start his day tomorrow and get busy so we can find out all the team changes at once!

:prayers:

• Upvote (+1) 6

So bubu Dubu has stated he's staying with Denial on stream 100%

He's playing with huke. Seems like denial is staying together. Not verified though.

From what I've noticed, Contra and Devon have been very distant from Huke and Bubu since Worlds. You can say they are probably taking a little vacation, but I have this feeling Contra and Devon are gonna leave Denial, if it didn't already happen.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

A few things looking from the outside.

1. The only ones capable of beating CLG are CLG themselves if they implode. 

2. EG did the right thing by dropping Commonly for Suspector if their aim is for 2nd, no way will they ever beat CLG.

3. RNG should drop Ninja, he is the most overrated PRO in the circuit. Remember all the drama about Liquid dropping him? They ended up better without him. Dude just doesn't belong in a top 4 team. Whenever RNG were expected to win, they choked and that was because he goes negative in 9 out of every 10 games. I feel bad for Spartan which unlike Ninja, clearly improved during the season and as someone already mentioned, he adapted his playstyle to them teams.

4. ALG is done, and they were lucky to be in the weak side of the bracket. Smart play by Suspector, by leaving for EG. Naded should be able to find a spot in a top-4 squad. elTown and Cratos will probably end up together with a low seeded team like Elevate.
5. If Snipedown really wants to backup all the shit he talked about Lxthul, he should leaven EG, and form his own fucking squad. He's afraid.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 32

Oh God, pleeeease no. I don't mind seeing the same team win tournament after tournament IF it doesn't feel like they're out of reach. At this time though, CLG feels so head and shoulders above the competition that it's almost not even fun come finals. Everyone who wasn't bias and "thinking hopefully" probably expected a CLG 4-0 win. I honestly was so much more excited for Friday-Saturday than Sunday, regardless of who the teams were Sunday because I knew before the tournament started that CLG would 4-0, maybe 4-1 in the finals. To me, that's not exciting. Now if CLG continues to win every tournament, but while watching you feel like the other team might actually have a shot (an actual shot, not an extremely biased because it's your favorite team/player against them), then I'd be perfectly content with CLG winning every tourney. At this point though, Championship Sundays will "bore" me until there's a challenge. When I say bore, I'm talking not as exciting as the rest, but still better than not watching Halo at all.

Naah, I don't think the CLG SLAUGHTER will last TOO long. The thing about Halo 5 is you can get really good. really fast with a lot of good practice.. Lots of players haven't peaked. Mostly the younger ones. Teams are getting better it's just hard to see when you only think of it in scrim results.

Not saying CLG has even peaked, but the gaps still going to get smaller given time. They did MASSACRE in the finals though. They played insane.

All in all though I wouldn't worry about it getting boring.

This is all coming from a huge CLG fanboy.  :lxthul:

So am I the only one that sees Spartan and Stellur going to OpTic with flame and Maniac? Stellur said that he would come back to OpTic some day and Spartan explained in a vlog that the only reason that he didn't join OpTic was because his phone was dead.

Seems like they both want to be there and they already have chemistry with each other. I think it could happen.

How does Spartan feel about IHOP and Chipolte?

• Upvote (+1) 4

dropping commonly for suspector wont fix the problems with lunchbox (and snipedown).

I disagree, this could be exactly what they need to let Lunch play his old game and let Snipe/Suspector slay.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

just curious of where everyone thinks Snipedown sits in this game. I see the obvious criticism of Commonly, and a bit about LBX. Roy has stood out and went insane a few games at worlds but I really haven't heard much about Snipedown.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Interested to see how EG end up doing with Suspector. I'm not quite sure if he will be the right fit for them. Commonly is a really good player as well but he just wasn't the right fit for whatever reason(he and Cratos will no doubt end up on a top 4 team and I'm hoping they team with Contra and Predevonator). But with Snipedown and Suspector both liking their power weapons it'll be interesting to see how that dynamic plays out. Hopefully something like the H4 ambush team when Formal and Snipedown would sort of switch off with power weapons.

I don't think this pickup will solve all of EG's issues though. They really need to sort out their strategies and become more aggressive if they ever want to beat CLG.

• Upvote (+1) 2

A few things looking from the outside.

1. The only ones capable of beating CLG are CLG themselves if they implode. 

Based off current rosters, I agree.  Based off potential rosters, I think some changes could be made to make some competitive matches, where CLG could lose a Bo5 or Bo7 if "the gametypes willed it"

2. EG did the right thing by dropping Commonly for Suspector if their aim is for 2nd, no way will they ever beat CLG.

Disagree here -- I think Suspector is an upgrade over Commonly, but I think even with Commonly, EG had the potential to compete with CLG if they just played more aggressively, rather than relying on an older Halo mindset.  I don't think Suspector is the best fit for what their team needs, but his presence may reduce the pressure on Snipedown to perform and thus be a positive for himself and Snipedown to trade out who carries which game.  Could be a good thing.

3. RNG should drop Ninja, he is the most overrated PRO in the circuit. Remember all the drama about Liquid dropping him? They ended up better without him. Dude just doesn't belong in a top 4 team. Whenever RNG were expected to win, they choked and that was because he goes negative in 9 out of every 10 games. I feel bad for Spartan which unlike Ninja, clearly improved during the season and as someone already mentioned, he adapted his playstyle to them teams.

Liquid and Renegades both finished 5-8 at Regionals AND Worlds, how did Liquid end up better without Ninja?

4. ALG is done, and they were lucky to be in the weak side of the bracket. Smart play by Suspector, by leaving for EG. Naded should be able to find a spot in a top-4 squad. elTown and Cratos will probably end up together with a low seeded team like Elevate.

eL ToWn is really good at this game, and will continue to place well if he surrounds himself with slayer-oriented players on his team.  He makes plays.

5. If Snipedown really wants to backup all the shit he talked about Lxthul, he should leaven EG, and form his own fucking squad. He's afraid.

lol

Replies in bold.

• Upvote (+1) 9

From what I've noticed, Contra and Devon have been very distant from Huke and Bubu since Worlds. You can say they are probably taking a little vacation, but I have this feeling Contra and Devon are gonna leave Denial, if it didn't already happen.

Are contra and devon the ones that slack off with practicing?

minaj.gif

• Upvote (+1) 4

Commonly shouldn't have been the one dropped. Been a fan since Crowd Pleasers, I don't think he was their issue at all, and I don't see how he was the obvious drop. EG failed for other, bigger reasons.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I disagree, this could be exactly what they need to let Lunch play his old game and let Snipe/Suspector slay.

so explain how picking up suspector makes lunchbox's schedule free up. or how it changes the teams overall mindset of playing too passive and nerdy when it's not working.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think a lot of people misjudge WHY EG dropped Commonly. He's obvious an amazing player and they probably just parted ways because they didn't fit their play styles.

I think having two strong slayers will allow LBX do to his thing.

Time will tell of course.

so explain how picking up suspector makes lunchbox's schedule free up. or how it changes the teams overall mindset of playing too passive and nerdy when it's not working.

Look up.

Also, he does have a more involved social/family life than most but I'm pretty sure EG has more scrims than anybody (or 2nd to CLG). Pretty sure someone posted scrim numbers and EG was on top.

At the end of the day, this is like pulling the goalie and putting another one in during hockey. Sometimes you just need a change even if it's not the other goalies fault. This could spark a fire under em.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You're also disregarding the fact that... unless circumstances dictate otherwise...

1) Royal 2 tends to play more passively and slay from afar.

2) Snakebite tends to position aggressively and be in the opponent's face.  He's also often on an opposite side of the map from Royal 2.

3) Frosty plays in a way no other player can truly mimic.  He's often aggressive, but also takes positions and routes that catch players way off guard.

4) Lethul tends to play in a more reactive manner to his teammates, positioning himself based off where his teammates AREN'T.

The four each have different playstyles that all mesh well together.

Within those playstyles, those 4 players have some of the highest accuracy / gunskill in the game.

It isn't like chemistry isn't present.  It's just present IN ADDITION to raw skill.

Interesting points, but to me it all seems a bit... convenient. How many games can the CLG guys have really run together prior to the switch? By your reasoning, it could all have gone awry if the chemistry didn't work out. One could argue that previous experience playing with / against Lethul in scrims, money8's, etc. gave them enough information to guess that he would be a good fit. But by my lights, the whole concept of chemistry is that it's not easily predicted - it has to be seen to be believed.

To me the occam's razor explanation is that you don't actually have to spend much time worry about what "type" of player you're picking up, so long as the players get along personally and respect each other. 

Slightly unrelated, but one thing I've been noticing is that Halo 5 creates a particular emphasis on being able to think more quickly than your opponent. Raw gunskill is of course a large component of individual skill, but the new freedom of movement that H5 affords you has created a uniquely large skill gap in out-maneuvering your opponents. There's so many options in any one situation that he who can dream up a creative way to open / close sight lines more quickly can finish / escape much more effectively. To me it appears that the scariest players in the game are defined by this quality, moreso than e.g. aiming skill. Every member of CLG has this in spades, along with Roy, Spartan, Naded, and, notably, Ninja.

I think this is why the hype train will never leave Ninja behind - it's so clear when you watch his gameplay that he's moving and thinking faster than most other players, and when he gets into a rhythm the other team loses all hope of catching up. When he hits his tempo, it's mesmerizing. And this explains why he is so prone to making higher level tactical "mistakes" - in general the way he has learned to win is by making unexpected or unprecedented flanks at such speed that whatever positional disadvantage he may have taken is outweighed by the overwhelmingness of his attack. This is absolutely brutal to play against in 1v1, where he has one player to outpace and a strong understanding of what routes will be safe. 4v4 however is much more a game of odds: there are so many opposing players that you have no hope of tracking all of them, so they eventually just see you by accident, ruining whatever crazy movement choice he's making. Ninja is essentially constantly paying deaths for being *too* inventive and forgetting to discount routes that are too dangerous in a 4v4 setting.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Regardless of where everyone on ALG ends up I gotta say that it was enjoyable following that team this season, from a veteran teaming with three players that most viewed with a collective "meh" early on, rising to challenge EG / CLG in the next couple weeks, to an X Games medal, to navigating past the Breakout removal (a gametype they were great at), to qualifying at regionals and then finishing 2nd at champs to pocket 6 figures. Played whichever team was matched against them, still found ways to keep winning, "luck" be damned. 

One can hope that next season brings a similar type of "meh" team on paper but continues to find ways to succeed. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

I think a lot of people misjudge WHY EG dropped Commonly. He's obvious an amazing player and they probably just parted ways because they didn't fit their play styles.

I think having two strong slayers will allow LBX do to his thing.

Time will tell of course.

Look up.

Also, he does have a more involved social/family life than most but I'm pretty sure EG has more scrims than anybody (or 2nd to CLG). Pretty sure someone posted scrim numbers and EG was on top.

At the end of the day, this is like pulling the goalie and putting another one in during hockey. Sometimes you just need a change even if it's not the other goalies fault. This could spark a fire under em.

All of the people on your team need to be great slayers it isn't about having that "obj mastermind" anymore. If LBX can't hang in gunfights nothing EG does will matter. The #1 team is so slayer heavy that everyone on your team needs a good shot.
  • Upvote (+1) 6

Im going to be incredibly salty at the end of this week. i can feel it.

VicX man :(

• Upvote (+1) 4

just curious of where everyone thinks Snipedown sits in this game. I see the obvious criticism of Commonly, and a bit about LBX. Roy has stood out and went insane a few games at worlds but I really haven't heard much about Snipedown.

I think he has a top 2 shot in the game behind Royal 2. He has all of the individual skill in the world. Their team just didn't seem to be working together and were maybe slow at times.

• Upvote (+1) 1