CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I sat beside her on Instincts side of mainstage one time and she was savage towards people talking shit to Lunchbox! A true ride or die.

• Upvote (+1) 7

For the purpose of starting a discussion here..

The maps we've seen actual gameplay on so far:

Truth

Regret

Empire

Eden

Pegasus

Orion

Coliseum

The Rig

Fathom

The confirmed gametypes in Arena:

Slayer

CTF

Strongholds

Breakout

If we had to choose 11 map + gametype combos from the above list for HCS, what would you all choose?

My list

Truth TS

Fathom TS

Pegasus TS

The Rig TS

Coliseum TS

Coliseum CTF

Truth CTF

Fathom CTF

Regret CTF

Regret SH (favorite beta gametype)

Empire SH

7 different maps, none used more than twice. I chose 5 slayer because our gametypes are limited and although I think Breakout is fun and competitive in its own right, I can't bring myself to enjoy the thought of different damage settings in HCS

@@Sal1ent for the love of all things holy please show us Plaza

• Upvote (+1) 1

If we had to choose 11 map + gametype combos from the above list for HCS, what would you all choose?

So adorable you people still think we need to hard limit things to 11 gametypes instead of encouraging players to learn a variety.

Wanna talk about stale metas?  STOP HARD LIMITING JUST BECAUSE THERE ARE ONLY 11 GAMES IN AN EXTENDED SERIES.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

So adorable you people still think we need to hard limit things to 11 gametypes instead of encouraging players to learn a variety.

Wanna talk about stale metas?  STOP HARD LIMITING JUST BECAUSE THERE ARE ONLY 11 GAMES IN AN EXTENDED SERIES.

So adorable that you think I have a desire for only 11 gametypes. I was just trying to start somewhat of a relevant discussion in this dead thread

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is there a way to get a picture of the map layouts? I haven't seen half of these maps and don't remember the other half.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Has Halo ever used a veto/striking system to determine maps and game types? Strike a teams best map or strike away your worst? Would be an interesting concept but I'm sure would have some holes.

On the topic of tournament game types (under the circumstances that we only have Slayer/CTF/Strongholds/Breakout) this is what I'd pick:

Best of 5: Slayer – CTF – Breakout – Strongholds – Slayer

Slayer:

• Eden
  • Rig
  • maybe Coliseum/Pegasus/Plaza/Fathom (depending on how Forge maps and Plaza turns out)

Breakout:

• Trench
  • Altitude
  • maybe Gambol or Trident

CTF:

• Truth
  • Coliseum
  • maybe Fathom or Empire

Strongholds:

• Eden
  • Rig
  • Plaza
  • maybe Empire or Regret 

This is obviously not a concrete 11 game types and they'd have to be tested but any selection from these I can see being pretty competitive

Has Halo ever used a veto/striking system to determine maps and game types? Strike a teams best map or strike away your worst? Would be an interesting concept but I'm sure would have some holes.

Didn't they do something like this for Reach? It would be cool to see that for H5. It adds another interesting talking point and layer to the competition.

Is there a way to get a picture of the map layouts? I haven't seen half of these maps and don't remember the other half.

If you are referring to weapon layouts then no, most of them are currently unknown.

The only map layouts we have are of Fathom and Empire, but they are outdated in terms of weapons as well.

Most people know the maps from the Beta or from new footage that was released.

If you are referring to weapon layouts then no, most of them are currently unknown.

The only map layouts we have are of Fathom and Empire, but they are outdated in terms of weapons as well.

Most people know the maps from the Beta or from new footage that was released.

Just the style of the map, kinda like how 343 does it while your game loads for MCC

Just the style of the map, kinda like how 343 does it while your game loads for MCC

Gotta buy the Prima strategy guide  :holmes:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I def agree with there should be more than 11 gametypes. H1 had a giant pool of gametypes back in the day. As long as the gametypes are posted at least 3 weeks in advance so teams know what to practice i dont see whats wrong with that.

On the topic of tournament game types (under the circumstances that we only have Slayer/CTF/Strongholds/Breakout) this is what I'd pick:

Best of 5: Slayer – CTF – Breakout – Strongholds – Slayer

Slayer:

• Eden
  • Rig
  • maybe Coliseum/Pegasus/Plaza/Fathom (depending on how Forge maps and Plaza turns out)
Breakout:
  • Trench
  • Altitude
  • maybe Gambol or Trident
CTF:
  • Truth
  • Coliseum
  • maybe Fathom or Empire
Strongholds:
  • Eden
  • Rig
  • Plaza
  • maybe Empire or Regret

This is obviously not a concrete 11 game types and they'd have to be tested but any selection from these I can see being pretty competitive

This was done a lot in the past and something I've pushed for to try and include so we don't get reptitive maps over and over. However with the banning it got to the point where the same games/maps were being banned and the same one is being used over and over.

Got to a point in Ghosts were I had 5 series in a row with same maps for game types. It is a great idea and love to have it, if there was a wider selection of maps. In the current situation it didn't work, but if we have more maps to choose from. It will work!

Prima released the map layouts for Fathom & Empire: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/halo-5-guardians-strategy-guide-by-prima-games

Re gametypes:

Slayer: Truth, Fathom, Coliseum, Eden (assuming it's improved since beta, you need an asymm)

Strongholds: Regret, Empire, Eden, The Rig

CTF: Truth, Fathom, Coliseum

I'm assuming we'll have TS on The Rig as well. It's supposedly a favorite of the pro team.

I'm assuming we'll have TS on The Rig as well. It's supposedly a favorite of the pro team.

Eh, Rig footage hasn't impressed me all that much. It's pretty big, and more segmented than Eden. Think it'd be better for obj. games or FFA. 

I think Halo needs to start moving away from TS.  Maybe we can have a couple, but I find it a lot more enjoyable watching objective gametypes than slayer.  But if those are the only gametypes we have (I haven't been paying much attention at all to Halo 5 yet, tbh), then I guess we don't have a choice.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think Halo needs to start moving away from TS.  Maybe we can have a couple, but I find it a lot more enjoyable watching objective gametypes than slayer.  But if those are the only gametypes we have (I haven't been paying much attention at all to Halo 5 yet, tbh), then I guess we don't have a choice.

Disagreed. Some of the best games in h2a were slayer games...

Most noteably the CLG vs. Denial on lockdown games. as well as the Noble black vs CLG on Shrine with like ~123135 overtimes.

Serious clench action. Most objective games are drawn out and pretty underwhelming.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I'm with you on that one. People are still locked on MLG-style events (understandably). I would like to see a larger variety of game types and maps. Especially with Forge.

Another few months till it's released? :kappa:

10/11 apparently.

Also, 1gre low-key wrecks Roy here :lxthul: : 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1