CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I don't think anyone should try to put Spartan and Commonly together at all. I just feel like there is a grudge or something between the two.

Within those playstyles, those 4 players have some of the highest accuracy / gunskill in the game.

It isn't like chemistry isn't present.  It's just present IN ADDITION to raw skill.

This is the one thing I kept noticing over and over during the weekend.

They only had 2 different 4ths. Defy was NEVER on carbon in h2.  he was Str8 and Legendz.  Ghost/Strongside were the ONLY ROSTER SWITCHES for FB and Carbon between 05-07.

Buddy, I'm not trying to start a huge argument, but no. Carbon A: wasn't even a team until 06 B: Gandhi Karma and Shockwave didn't team up till the 8th H2 event C: gandhi and shockwave broke up a couple times at the beginning D: Those two teamed with sergio, mcgavin, vash, defy, hell gandhi even played an event with T2 as Legendz. But yes, once the trio of gandhi, karma, and shockwave teamed they only teamed with defy, strongside, and karma. 06-07, yes the only 2 teams that won nationals made a single switch a piece.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You're right in saying that Frosty's playstyle is extremely unique. Whenever he has a BR he suddenly is granted the most godly strafe and aim from the Halo gods and gets really aggressive but also makes extremely strong utility plays for cinching objectives.

You guys joke about those stupid videos they make but having content like that from more Halo pros would help grow the community a ton.

to expand: it helps people form connections with pro players and such. I recently got really into optic in general and I now am subbed to everyone in the house and watch all their videos. It's a really cool thing to see to me. It's like a behind the scenes look into something I enjoy a lot. Sort of like HBO 24/7 for sports.

I'm curious and please do not take this the wrong way, are you on the younger scale of the halo fanbase? I'm only asking because my nephew watching some of the cod faze stuff and he really likes it. I don't find any entertainment in it at all and I'd be only interested in videos from pros regarding game/team stuff.

Buddy, I'm not trying to start a huge argument, but no. Carbon A: wasn't even a team until 06 B: Gandhi Karma and Shockwave didn't team up till the 8th H2 event C: gandhi and shockwave broke up a couple times at the beginning D: Those two teamed with sergio, mcgavin, vash, defy, hell gandhi even played an event with T2 as Legendz. But yes, once the trio of gandhi,

karma, and shockwave teamed they only teamed with defy, strongside, and karma. 06-07, yes the only 2 teams that won nationals made a single switch a piece.

Fine.  I couldn't find any info from 05 anywhere.  So i'll change what i said from 06-07.  But I wasn't wrong in my point that Rostermania wasn't a thing until halo 3 and the only 2 championship teams from h2 had 1 roster changes and were the most consistent teams at the time.  

• Downvote (-1) 1

@@TiberiusAudley tell me how bad/good a team of Naded, Ninja, and Spartan would be.

You coached Naded & Ninja on Turning Point back in Reach right?

Hype would be through the roof but unless Naded or Spartan changed their style I don't see it working.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wasn't really around the community back during Halo 2. But everyone is saying the best teams didn't make team changes. I'm just wondering, how many of those teams were top 8 or top 16 material, and while sticking together made it to top 2 after several events?

If I'm CLG, I don't want to make team changes because I'm in first. But for a top 16 team, or even some of the lower teams in the top 8, do you really think that sticking together for a long time will just guarantee success in the long run?

The only example that comes to mind is Columbus 2012. Status Quo dropped Ace and Assault (or perhaps they left? I honestly don't remember) and picked up Snakebite and Royal 2. With this squad they beat the Instinct "God Squad" of Ola, Ogre2, Roy, and Lunchbox. To be fair, Snakebite and Royal 2 were monsters back then as well, and perhaps there was some other factors I'm not taking into account, I have no idea how much Instinct practiced for example.

Roy and Lunchbox were baaaad at halo 2. Then they made a team stuck together and got top 4 at their first event. Been good ever since. And teams changed about as much as they did this year. The only real difference is that Lethul left arguably the top team at the time to make an even better one. Teams/players waited until they lost at an event before they made a team change.

• Downvote (-1) 2

TBF Counter Strike has been playing with crowd raised prize pools much longer than Halo Players. This was the first tournament where the winners actually accumulated wealth beyond a normal salaried job for the year.

I mean with Halo they don't have as many leagues as CS and to be fair after one season of play(typically ESEA&ESL league)  is over they do switch teams. Halo is all about the next tournament and how to win that. CS is a bigger team game than Halo(not to say Halo isn't) so while you may be shit for 2 tournaments because of a new IGL, the next 6 months may be amazing. CS is also probably using different contract structure if i had to imagine.

Oh absolutely. I understand why it is how it is, it's just a completely different structure all around. It's just interesting what the stability of the game itself does to the stability of the teams. 

@@TiberiusAudley tell me how bad/good a team of Naded, Ninja, and Spartan would be.

You coached Naded & Ninja on Turning Point back in Reach right?

I've said repeatedly I think Ninja and Spartan are too similar of players to see true success together unless one of them drastically changes their playstyle.  Spartan tweaked his a bit with Ninja alongside him, but I still think the two are better off separate than they are together.

Add onto that the fact that Naded, Ninja, and Spartan are all players who are known to "tilt" (yes, I know this is shit analysis and I was disgusted and how heavily the casters stressed it) you've got a team that is probably going to be self-destructive at an event, especially if things ever start going against them.

I'd say taking Naded + Spartan could be an explosive combination, but Spartan and Naded both show the same tendencies of looking dominant when they're energetic and yelling...but kinda flat when they're quiet.

I think all three of those players are better off separate so you don't end up with extremes multiplying extremes.  Consistency (to me) is far more important than higher highs if the cost is lower lows.

I think of those 3 players, Spartan is the most likely to find his way onto a team that can take down CLG, but all 3 have the ability to consistently place top 4 with a well-constructed team around them.

• Upvote (+1) 6

You're also disregarding the fact that... unless circumstances dictate otherwise...

1) Royal 2 tends to play more passively and slay from afar.

2) Snakebite tends to position aggressively and be in the opponent's face.  He's also often on an opposite side of the map from Royal 2.

3) Frosty plays in a way no other player can truly mimic.  He's often aggressive, but also takes positions and routes that catch players way off guard.

4) Lethul tends to play in a more reactive manner to his teammates, positioning himself based off where his teammates AREN'T.

The four each have different playstyles that all mesh well together.

Within those playstyles, those 4 players have some of the highest accuracy / gunskill in the game.

It isn't like chemistry isn't present.  It's just present IN ADDITION to raw skill.

I think you misinterpreted what he said. He said that he thinks ppl overvalue team chem over raw slay. While your paragraph is decently accurate about each players styles I would have to agree that it starts with individual skill. Although team chem is critical to a #1 squad every player needs to be able to clutch up and win 1v1 battles to be successful. This game is too fast paced compared to other halos where you could team shoot more IMO

I've said repeatedly I think Ninja and Spartan are too similar of players to see true success together unless one of them drastically changes their playstyle.  Spartan tweaked his a bit with Ninja alongside him, but I still think the two are better off separate than they are together.

Add onto that the fact that Naded, Ninja, and Spartan are all players who are known to "tilt" (yes, I know this is shit analysis and I was disgusted and how heavily the casters stressed it) you've got a team that is probably going to be self-destructive at an event, especially if things ever start going against them.

I'd say taking Naded + Spartan could be an explosive combination, but Spartan and Naded both show the same tendencies of looking dominant when they're energetic and yelling...but kinda flat when they're quiet.

I think all three of those players are better off separate so you don't end up with extremes multiplying extremes.  Consistency (to me) is far more important than higher highs if the cost is lower lows.

I think of those 3 players, Spartan is the most likely to find his way onto a team that can take down CLG, but all 3 have the ability to consistently place top 4 with a well-constructed team around them.

This is what I pretty much figured too. I just feel like Ninja tends to have an optimistic personality and tries to lift the mood of his teammates, which could be useful with Naded. (But I haven't watched him much lately, that may not be the case)

It's been so long since I've watched their dynamic on the same team that I forget what it's like. But I did really like Turning Point even if they weren't amazing. They're also both hilarious.

I think at this point I just want a team that's enjoyable to be a fan of and not a team that's gonna beat CLG.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I just feel like Ninja tends to have an optimistic personality and tries to lift the mood of his teammates, which could be useful with Naded.

I've honestly have seen very little of this.  I've seen Ninja be more counter productive in-between games than being uplifting during.  He begins finger pointing with his "Team Leading."  Like i've said before, he needs to play a more low key role.  

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Snip3down, T2, Legit and Elamite to team...

Wait what year is it?

• Upvote (+1) 2

I've honestly have seen very little of this.  I've seen Ninja be more counter productive in-between games than being uplifting during.  He begins finger pointing with his "Team Leading."  Like i've said before, he needs to play a more low key role.  

Yeah, I'll admit I haven't kept up with him lately, so if that's the case then yeah it probably wouldn't work out well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

sooo uhh power rankings..... are irrelevant now since no teams except CLG and potentially TL will stay the same right?

:kappa:

Yeah, I'll admit I haven't kept up with him lately, so if that's the case then yeah it probably wouldn't work out well.

I just remember when RNG were streaming scrims i'd have them on multi twitch and Ninja would be like "Cam needs to do this, Tyler nees to do that, Bee didn't do this. ETCETCETCETC."  I was like, dude, you are taking 0 accountability for all those random stupid deaths and poor 1v1 decisions to start telling ANYONE what to do.  And in game he'd be telling someone to do something at the worst times and it would normally end up getting them killed.  Would they have had better chances if they were doing what they originally thought out in their heads?  who knows.  But you don't just start barking orders during a game like that.  The inflection of his voice and how he was talking to his teammates helps the tilt snowball.  Thats why CLG doesn't tilt, because even when losing they do not show that kind of bummer inflection(now, i remember in h2a hcs hearing royal 2 and just cringing at all his small talk.) 

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2