CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

They're going to make more money from youtube than from halo events, if we're being honest.

I make as much money from my youtube channel as they did at events :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 5

You guys joke about those stupid videos they make but having content like that from more Halo pros would help grow the community a ton.

The guy has a point, but it still doesn't help the fact that they totally bombed at every H5 tourney 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can somebody TL;DR the most recent team changes?

Nothing is really set in stone yet but it's looking like:

ALG split; naded is alone.

Suspector to EG

Commonly to2 w/ Cratos

Victory and Stellur possibly leaving RNG (though Kory says otherwise for now)

• Upvote (+1) 1

I see cratos and commonly getting back together

They are running games right now.  

What the hell? They get second place winning a ton of money and all leave? I don't understand or am I missing something.

What is surprising about it? The really lucked out into that #2 spot by Renegades choking, they'd been trending downwards as a team going into this event otherwise.  Now that CLG dominated everyone, a new team(s) will form that would have dropped Allegiance down even further.  Ultimately they lost their best player as well. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

What is surprising about it? The really lucked out into that #2 spot by Renegades choking, they'd been trending downwards as a team going into this event otherwise.  Now that CLG dominated everyone, a new team(s) will form that would have dropped Allegiance down even further.  Ultimately they lost their best player as well. 

Just my 2 cents, but it must be really discouraging to do the amount of grinding that they did this season and still end up 3/4 at regionals and a distant 2nd at worlds. Not terribly surprising that they are splitting up after those performances.

Been like that since h3.  In H2 the only teams to win a championship made 1 roster change each in 3 years.(ghost for Strongside on carbon, Strongside for saiyan on FB.) 

That is actually very incorrect. For FB yes, they only made 1 change throughout halo 2, carbon was karma, shockwave, and gandhi and a mix of defy, strongside, and ghost(although I'm also pretty sure that they didnt start out with all of karma shockwave and gandhi, I think karma played on str8 with t2 at the very beginning), then str8(also i think TMG for a while) was t2 and a mix of fonzi, foulacy, gandhi, zyos, neighbor, elamite, legit, and at the beginning of 07 there were some really random people on str8.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The guy has a point, but it still doesn't help the fact that they totally bombed at every H5 tourney 

or maybe it's showing that you can't make a ton of content and still have enough time to be a top 8 team. it's about finding a balance between providing content and still winning enough to be considered relevant competitive players

That is actually very incorrect. For FB yes, they only made 1 change throughout halo 2, carbon was karma, shockwave, and gandhi and a mix of defy, strongside, and ghost(although I'm also pretty sure that they didnt start out with all of karma shockwave and gandhi, I think karma played on str8 with t2 at the very beginning), then str8(also i think TMG for a while) was t2 and a mix of fonzi, foulacy, gandhi, zyos, neighbor, elamite, legit, and at the beginning of 07 there were some really random people on str8.

With the exception of defy i'm VERY much correct considering i said the only 2 teams to win CHAMPIONSHIPS in HALO 2 made very few roster changes.

So I'm sorry I forgot you Defy.  Best player from Maryland.

EDIT:

Karma was never on Str8

http://halo.esportspedia.com/wiki/Str8_Rippin

And Defy was in and out of Str8s roster. I met him at the airport on our way back from Dallas in 06 since we were both heading to BWI.  Was a very chill dude.  Him and Mack were super cool.  Detach was a huge doucher.

and according to the internet(take that how you will.) I'm very much correct since Carbon(Team Phreaks) was founded by Ghandi, Karma, Shockwav3 and StrongSide

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_(Halo_team)

Selena-Gomez-Dont-Make-Me-Tell-You-Again

• Upvote (+1) 1

They are a little busy tweeting out inspirational quotes that dont make any sense or inspire anyone

Maniac is deep man.

• Upvote (+1) 1

or maybe it's showing that you can't make a ton of content and still have enough time to be a top 8 team. it's about finding a balance between providing content and still winning enough to be considered relevant competitive players

Yeah that's what I meant, but the fact that they're making content helps. They need to find a balance between food challenges and grinding

EG Suspector? Fuck yes!

But deep down to their core EG needs to shake it up.

From attitudes to play styles and strats, something needs to change!

Grats to Suspector! Excited to follow him more!

• Upvote (+1) 2

I still think Flamesword wants to win and hes a good player. Can be an excellent 4th on a team similar to Lethul. Not sure about Maniac and his latest GTA series when he should be grinding Halo 5 regardless if you have a team of 4 or not doesn't inspire great confidence in him.

They are a little busy tweeting out inspirational quotes that dont make any sense or inspire anyone

idk man, when Scump says something people listen  :kappa:

Ayy that's me! New to halo. Went on TB to check for more info and see my tweet. Today was cool. 

Welcome to the best Halo site in aaaaaaaaaaalllll the land!

• Upvote (+1) 4

Hm, I wonder what would happen if Naded went to RNG in place of VicX? He would be one of the only players that could bring comparable levels of experience, and he's definitely a step up in raw slay.

I've said this many times before, but my opinion is that people overvalue chemistry compared to raw slay, and I think that has become triply true in Halo 5, which appears to have the highest individual skill cap since Halo 2. CLG is a god squad precisely because they pretty much have the 4 top slayers in the game. I'm not saying having 4 slayers is a sufficient condition - you still need to spend time running strats to ensure coordination - but I think the causality here is pretty obvious. Nobody's getting anywhere unless they can reliably win individual battles against members of CLG.

Is Suspector really so head and shoulders above everyone else? I still think the first 3 players I would take for my anti-CLG team would be:

Naded

Spartan

Roy

• Upvote (+1) 2

With the exception of defy i'm VERY much correct considering i said the only 2 teams to win CHAMPIONSHIPS in HALO 2 made very few roster changes.

So I'm sorry I forgot you Defy.  Best player from Maryland.

EDIT:

Karma was never on Str8

http://halo.esportspedia.com/wiki/Str8_Rippin

And Defy was in and out of Str8s roster.  We shared a flight back from Dallas in 06 since we were both heading to BWI.  Was a very chill dude.  Him and Mack were super cool.  Detach was a huge doucher.

and according to the internet(take that how you will.) I'm very much correct since Carbon(Team Phreaks) was founded by Ghandi, Karma, Shockwav3 and StrongSide

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_(Halo_team)

Selena-Gomez-Dont-Make-Me-Tell-You-Again

You said "in H2 the only teams to win a championship made 1 roster change each in 3 years." And that is very incorrect because FB, carbon, TMG/Str8 all won championships(unless you're talking about nationals, and even then Carbon/IGS still had at least 3 different 4ths), and besides FB they all had more than 1 change. Only thing I may be wrong about is Karma teaming with T2 at the beginning, but I really thought that happened.