CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

What was the reaction to Walshy being dropped from Final Boss back in the day like? Similar to Hurricane Lethul?

A lot bigger I think, I still feel the hype for MLG Toronto...FB vs Instinct was  :flames:

I think it's a mistake for Denial or Liquid to change their roster.

CLG obviously won't change.

What was the reaction to Walshy being dropped from Final Boss back in the day like? Similar to Hurricane Lethul?

10,000 times crazier. 

FB was dominant for 3 straight years and won the first H3 event, but the slide was hard and fast. It was unthinkable to see Walshy on another team but he did pretty well imo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

BTW, has anyone realized that Ninja made more playing competitive H1Z1 in the past year than he has on Halo 5?

He made over $18k playing H1Z1 ?

Has nobody been paying attention? Denial guys have been complaining multiple times that they can't practice the way they want because someone doesn't like to scrim. They're not going to stick together.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Plus RNG just got their badass Renegades Jackets, would be a shame to ruin that so soon :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3

A lot bigger I think, I still feel the hype for MLG Toronto...FB vs Instinct was  :flames:

Flame emote doesn't work? wat

If a team finishes in the largest halo tournament of all time in place 5th through 8th, is that not by definition, an inditement that any of the 2-8th teams could defeat them?

Can't go by the place finish alone. They got knocked out by CLG. Could anyone else beat CLG?

We really need a inside pro who just doesn't care to leak all the team changes.

Maybe someone will come through for us :intensifies:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Way crazier than Hurricane Lethul ... honestly the constant team changes in the past couple years are kind of annoying.  It literally took 15-20 players changing teams in 2016 to even approach the craziness of Walsh leaving FB or Saiyan leaving FB, as teams were so stable back then.

Can't go by the place finish alone. They got knocked out by CLG. Could anyone else beat CLG?

This is why I wish it was set up to provide more accurate placings. Double-elim would be nice, but at least seed the bracket.

the logic is that EG has been trending downward...they just finished 5-8th in the biggest tournament in Halo history. They dropped their pool to RNG (who could be interchanged with any of the other 2-8 type teams, and EG would have dropped their pool most likely) and then got embarrassed by CLG.

Denial put up a huge fight against CLG. Pushed them to 6 games and didn't allow 3 caps in any of the CTFs. The CTFs ended but due to time running out, not defeat by scoring 3 captures. 

I could go on and on, bottom line is, EG has not looked impressive at all. If they met on LAN, any of the 2-8 teams would put a good pounding on them, and possibly sweep them. 

Finishi

I'm not stating that whatsoever. My statement is as follows:

EG is a 5th-8th team right now, based on placing and results from the last 2 tournaments, including the largest halo tournament in the history of console e-sports. 

As a result of both their placements in events and their overall downward trend, it is my opinion that they COULD lose to any of the 2-8th placed professional teams. 

This is based off logical deductions and observations of performance on LAN. It has nothing to do with online scrim results because as Denial has showed, online means nothing. Not only that, Allegiance has showed that online scrims do not reflect event placings. 

I believe firmly that it is an indefensible position to take that EG would beat any of the top 8 teams soundly, consistently, or could be categorized as 'better' in any overall sense of the word, than their peers. 

It is also my opinion that none of this discussion matters, because, we're about to see a number of team changes, including EG. 

However, I do not and will not back off my opinion/statement that EG would have problems with any of the 2-8th ranked teams. It's simply undebatable. If you read what I've written carefully, I never claimed that EG would lose to any of the 2-8th teams every time, but rather, they could and were even perhaps likely to be pushed to the limit, and beaten soundly by them. 

If a team finishes in the largest halo tournament of all time in place 5th through 8th, is that not by definition, an inditement that any of the 2-8th teams could defeat them?

Every placement except for 1st means absolutely nothing at Worlds. Allegiance had a 25% chance of finishing in the exact same place that EG did.

Edit: OK, not *absolutely nothing*. But you can't say "ALG is a top 2 team and EG is only a top 8 team!" based on their placements. It really doesn't work like that in this format.

If RNG can continue to work on their communication, I really would like to see them stick together. 

They emulated CLG's gameplay, let VictoryX be the "Lethul" of the team, and it made them much better IMO. They can continue to work on that and get better. If someone gets a great offer to leave I can understand, I just don't think they should force any team changes on the roster. Roster stability is a great thing, all of the best teams in Halo History have been stable rosters that seldom made team changes and stuck through adversity.

I don't think anyone is going to beat CLG by shuffling around Rosters every time they fail. 

I'm thinking they will. Of all the teams, Renegades know the value of actually sticking with a team rather than repeating history. They were the Leftovers after all.

I'm hoping they stick together, get much more practiced and build more team chemistry than in the 2 months they have been together. Time will tell tho.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Every placement except for 1st means absolutely nothing at Worlds. Allegiance had a 25% chance of finishing in the exact same place that EG did.

Actually getting 2nd in their pool netted them a 33.3% chance of getting the same place as EG because Epsilon who got 2nd in their pool could not face CLG again. So there was only 3 teams that could match CLG in the quarters.