CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

All the players who attended HWC (and several who did not) played for an org and likely have contracts.  For a team change to be officially announced, orgs are going to have to buy out players' contracts...which will take time.

-Major Buzzkill, reporting for duty.

Couldn't there be a chance that some of the player contracts were fulfilled at the close of the HWC? I would think it's possible there are "free agents" out there now because they have finished their terms.

• Upvote (+1) 1

man I wish Renegades would stick together tbh

I know! I literally love everyone on that team! Spartan and Ninja are my two favorite players for sure, seeing them on competing teams would be like watching mom and dad fight.  :(

• Upvote (+1) 4

I don't think thats a better team than the two I listed. I'd rather see VicX over Spartan. He's a veteran.

I feel you are listening a little to much to walshys nonsense commentary. I really dont think these veterans matter anymore. Just look at the players who didnt make worlds. But im not saying vic x isnt a good player, just that the 'former mlg champion' doesnt matter that much.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I don't think thats a better team than the two I listed. I'd rather see VicX over Spartan. He's a veteran.

Who does your objective? Lunch is the objective based player for EG, Instict, 5K... really any team he's been a part of. Penguin and Suspector are both slayers... so you add them on a team with arguably the best slayer in Snipedown?

How can you include Commonly on any team you mention and then say that Spartan couldn't fit on EG because he's not a "veteran". Spartan has been to way more events than Commonly. 

Naded would replace Lunchbox as the in your face master objective player. He has one of the quirkiest objective oriented play styles in H5.

I don't know why you don't think highly of Spartan. He is a low-key god in H5 and even though I am not a fan of Renegades at all, he along with Sbite and Royal 2 are the most impressive players I've seen when watching streams. If you know me, you know I watch streams, and I've been doing it longer than probably anyone on this website. 

Spartan would essentially fill TJ's old shoes. They have an amazingly similar play style...

I want to see CLG dominate for the next 3 years at least. Would be so cool to watch such a strong team.

Oh God, pleeeease no. I don't mind seeing the same team win tournament after tournament IF it doesn't feel like they're out of reach. At this time though, CLG feels so head and shoulders above the competition that it's almost not even fun come finals. Everyone who wasn't bias and "thinking hopefully" probably expected a CLG 4-0 win. I honestly was so much more excited for Friday-Saturday than Sunday, regardless of who the teams were Sunday because I knew before the tournament started that CLG would 4-0, maybe 4-1 in the finals. To me, that's not exciting. Now if CLG continues to win every tournament, but while watching you feel like the other team might actually have a shot (an actual shot, not an extremely biased because it's your favorite team/player against them), then I'd be perfectly content with CLG winning every tourney. At this point though, Championship Sundays will "bore" me until there's a challenge. When I say bore, I'm talking not as exciting as the rest, but still better than not watching Halo at all.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Even if we don't get any team changes for a while, I expect there to be some intel leaks.  :intel:

Looks like so far here is what we SORT of know:

Suspector left Alliance.  :lxthul:

This is the only  :intel: we've gathered so far. 

From here, it's logical to speculate that Allegiance might break up. Let's be honest, Naded had a rough tournament, maybe he hangs it up. He was dead last in the advanced statistics for this tournament. 31 out of 32 players. I wouldn't be surprised if Naded walks away. 

Another  :intel: we've had is Commonly posted some very cryptic tweets about "what could have been", if CP (Crowd Pleasers) had stuck together. Indicating some form of  :salt: . 

That indicates that potentially Suspector took his spot on EG. Logic.  :puckett:

Eg B:

Somehow, Snipedown and Roy willed them to win the X-Games, but, that seems like a total fluke because they've been a punching bag since.

The only team they are a punching bag for is CLG, which can be said for everyone except for Denial, really. They lost a really close series to an incredibly hyped Renegades squad. Calling EG a punching bag is ignorant.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How many veterans finished top 4 at Worlds?

Lethul

Snakebite

Royal 2

They make up 3/4ths of the most dominant team right now.

Acting like veterans don't have a place on teams right now is ignorant.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The only team they are a punching bag for is CLG, which can be said for everyone except for Denial, really. They lost a really close series to an incredibly hyped Renegades squad. Calling EG a punching bag is ignorant.

Look, EG may or may not be a punching bag for other teams. For CLG, EG was a sacrificial lamb. Let's be honest, if they played 1000 times, EG wins maybe 20 games RIGHT now. 

Renegades beat EG. Allegiance Beat RNG. Liquid beat Allegiance. I think EG would lose to any of the top 8 teams right now. Possibly it would get ugly too. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 6

Lethul

Snakebite

Royal 2

They make up 3/4ths of the most dominant team right now.

Acting like veterans don't have a place on teams right now is ignorant.

+Naded

• Upvote (+1) 2

eLevate is the 1st team to have all 4 players represented, thus almost proving my stance that slaying power isn't enough to win tournaments.

It takes a lot more than just having a bunch of players that can slay, strategy, teamwork and communication is and always has been king in Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Renegades beat EG. Allegiance Beat RNG. Liquid beat Allegiance.

Denial beat Liquid.  eLevate beat Denial.  Allegiance beat eLevate.

It's really not possible to use head-to-heads to gauge team strengths right now because everyone beat someone and it all cycles back around.

We didn't even get to see most teams on Truth (Barely any Truth Flag games, zero Truth Slayer games), so we have a limited sample size of how good teams are at most of the gametypes due to the nature of a Single Elimination tournament where gametypes were arbitrarily pre-determined by the TO, rather than doing any kind of gametype draft which would've given teams the ability to determine opponents' strongest/weakest gametypes and try to force them to play what you want.

EG were good at MOST gametypes.  They aren't as good as CLG on most of them.  They lost to RNG 3-2, who then barely lost to Allegiance.  It's hard to say how close those teams are, or if there's a gap there, because we only saw those teams go head to head in 7 of the available 13 gametypes.  (Plaza TS, Coliseum Flag, and Eden SH were present in EG vs RNG -and- RNG vs Allegiance, so we only had 2 unique gametypes per series there.)

Making sweeping judgments based off this tournament format is foolish.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Renegades beat EG. Allegiance Beat RNG. Liquid beat Allegiance. I think EG would lose to any of the top 8 teams right now. Possibly it would get ugly too. 

That isn't how it works. Just because Allegiance beat RNG, doesn't mean Allegiance would automatically beat EG. It's absolutely absurd to make the claim that they'd lose to all other top 8 teams just because they ran into the buzzsaw that is CLG, who made EVERYONE look bad since X-Games.

all i'm saying is that EG would debatably lose to any of the top 8 right now. and it could even get ugly. 

how can you deny that? there is no actual logic that could deny that. 

• Downvote (-1) 13

Introducing myself to lethul and his response being 'I just know you as a cummie' was exceptional.

I would expect nothing less.

all i'm saying is that EG would debatably lose to any of the top 8 right now. and it could even get ugly.

how can you deny that? there is no actual logic that could deny that.

Where's the logic in this post?

They beat Denial and Allegiance handidly on LAN at x-games/regionals.

They NORMALLY dominate RNG in scrims, or at least have been for the past few weeks.

I mean, they've only lost to one non-CLG team, and that's RNG by a narrow margin.

Not to mention, fluke or not, they're the only team that beat CLG in series since Lethul joined.

• Upvote (+1) 5

A team I'd like to see that I don't think would happen, but it's fun to make up random teams and it seems to be the hot topic right now, is Naded Suspector Vic X and Spartan.

I'm a big fan of Naded and Spartan, so this is totally just a fantasy team that I'm totally biased towards, however I think it could be a solid squad as well.

Suspector's slaying power is nuts. Spartan is an overall great player who can slay but still get into the obj scrums. Naded would be the primary obj player, doing what he does now on ALG, and I think Vic X would round out the team nicely being able to help where needed. Also Naded and Vic X would bring the veteran presence obviously, though I don't really think that's all that important, and Spartan and Suspector are relatively new talent.

That being said, I like the current RNG and ALG rosters, so I don't really want them to split even though I'm sure they will.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Look, EG may or may not be a punching bag for other teams. For CLG, EG was a sacrificial lamb. Let's be honest, if they played 1000 times, EG wins maybe 20 games RIGHT now. 

Uh, dude, just yesterday this was you: 

I'll tell you I go like this

Clg

Denial

EG

ALG

RNG

ELEVATE

Liquid

Epsilon

Top half of the bracket got a gift. Let's just call a spade a spade. That being said, the difference between teams 2-8 is really hard to quantify, all of EM are close matches. Hottest team that day wins them. That's why we saw so many different second place teams at LANs.

So you slept on it and moved EG from 3rd to 8th?

• Upvote (+1) 9

I love all these team tier lists when we know pretty much every team except CLG will probably make a change. I forget who it was but the person who did potential FA tiers was smart. Obviously depends on whose available and who retires and what not but a squad I think could challenge CLG is Snipedown, Ace, Roy, Heinz.

As much as I like Unlegit, APG, LBX, and Commonly I think the above team would give CLG a run for their money.

Where's the logic in this post?

They beat Denial and Allegiance handidly on LAN at x-games/regionals.

They NORMALLY dominate RNG in scrims, or at least have been for the past few weeks.

I mean, they've only lost to one non-CLG team, and that's RNG by a narrow margin.

Not to mention, fluke or not, they're the only team that beat CLG in series since Lethul joined.

the logic is that EG has been trending downward...they just finished 5-8th in the biggest tournament in Halo history. They dropped their pool to RNG (who could be interchanged with any of the other 2-8 type teams, and EG would have dropped their pool most likely) and then got embarrassed by CLG.

Denial put up a huge fight against CLG. Pushed them to 6 games and didn't allow 3 caps in any of the CTFs. The CTFs ended but due to time running out, not defeat by scoring 3 captures. 

I could go on and on, bottom line is, EG has not looked impressive at all. If they met on LAN, any of the 2-8 teams would put a good pounding on them, and possibly sweep them. 

• Downvote (-1) 12