CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

"Trash talking is unprofessional"

I'm just disappointed you left out Hartnell saying "Suck it, Phaneuf" at the All-Star Game.

Talk about being unprofessional :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 5

When you realize Rostermania season coincides with Wrestlemania season...  :puckett:

It's awesome to see the Skyfire squad being very humble and genuine about their experience. Good stuff on them.

Also, first prediction: Mikwen to Liquid in place of Unlegit.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I mean, in the NHL, they fucking fight each other, like, wtf?

• Upvote (+1) 3

I would image that Pro League news will trickle out but some players do need an "off season". It helps to build up new stories and refine old ones. I don't think we'll have radio silence for a month but a lot of people worked hard on this initiative so rest is very much necessary in order to deliver a quality product in the future.

Also, read something about my casting, a few posts back, being "cringy" and I don't really have a response to that. I don't think I did or said anything that sounded particularly bad but to each their own. We need to tell the story and get the viewers caring about these players while at the same time relaying relevant information, show off observer mode, listen to production (who were talking at the same volume as my co-caster in full paragraphs lol), and keep track of all 8 POV's, etc, etc.

Every game of Halo I cast takes a lot out of me, and anyone else who does it for three days straight, so I might say something odd or dumb here or there but it's just apart of the process of becoming a better caster.

Overall, I'm satisfied with my performance this weekend and I accomplished the tasks I set in front of me which was namely to prove that I do know Halo 5 and I've put the work in to get good at the game (I'll never be at the Pro level nor do I want to be) and I wanted that to come across in the cast.

So if being cringy to one guy is the worst I'll get then I'm more than happy to take it and be better next time, if there is a next time.

I was glad to be apart of the ride! :)

It shows that you've put in the time and work to learn the intricacies of the game. Another poster said it and I'll echo the sentiment that I used to not like Bravo casting with you. Soley for the reason that it was 2 play by play type casters and not a play by play/color commentator. But the 2 of you did a fantastic job during the finals and are a great representation for Halo eSports. Keep being you GB, you're doing a great job.

:wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think they could drop Devon for a better 4th 

Don't be fooled by the fact that they never put him on main screen -- Devon is really good.  He's also a good pairing with Contra because they have similar attitudes.

I asked Puckett why they never showed Devon at Regionals, and his reply was "I didn't know how to pronounce his name."

• Upvote (+1) 7

even so that's still pretty awesome

i'm really interested to see how the asian region improves

and to everyone saying they didn't deserve to be there, how could you deny them this experience?

they are the best from their region and they earned that title fair and square, you can't take that away from them

i hope every region has its own pro league 

Well put mayne.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I thought all the casters did a great job, I enjoyed everyone immensely.

Goldenboy is Halo's Mike Torico, which I mean in a very positive way (I'm from Michigan so maybe I'm biased)

Upvotes for Tirico. He's a perfect complement for Gruden and an excellent model for play by play, IMO.

Also I realize that every single team change is completely speculative at this stage, but a team I would love to see:

Ogre 2

Bubu/Huke

Snipedown

Roy

A lot of things have to happen for a team like that to come together but I think that the slaying power on a team like this with Ogre 2's experience could do wonders for young guys like Bubu and Huke.

Politely disagree. While I think if their goal is to guarantee top 4 then they should stick together, I don't think there is any chance they can beat this CLG team. Taking a few slayers off of them is impressive, but the objectives were never in doubt.

keep in mind that at regionals denial lost every slayer convincingly to clg and only won objective games. they have the ability to take objective games off of clg, they just need to learn to be more efficient in their pushes during objective games (which they were at regionals but not at worlds)

• Upvote (+1) 2

even so that's still pretty awesome

i'm really interested to see how the asian region improves

and to everyone saying they didn't deserve to be there, how could you deny them this experience?

they are the best from their region and they earned that title fair and square, you can't take that away from them

i hope every region has its own pro league 

Skyfire annihilated all the Asian teams, they are the Asian CLG right now. I'm just worried that they might not have any good competition over there. If every practise you are rolling over kids, you're never gonna need to get better or grind. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Can I have the pro player title under my Beyond name now? XD Honestly though this event was BEYOND fun (goat heem) and thank you guys for keeping this community alive and the more conversation about Halo the better. I've been a lurker but I am definitely going to get more involved in the community.

@@CyReN

• Upvote (+1) 2

i think we might see a few more former pros return now that season 1 is over, with a few bumps in the road here and there but it was a overall success. pro league coming up and another HWC for 2017 i can see plenty of pros like maybe BestMan, Chig, Clutch, sk? etc... just throwing some names out there but who wouldn't want a shot at this kind of money? 

It's awesome to see the Skyfire squad being very humble and genuine about their experience. Good stuff on them.

Remember what happened last time Mikwen was on Liquid? And Unlegit's the best player on that team IMO.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Remember what happened last time Mikwen was on Liquid? And Unlegit's the best player on that team IMO.

Mikwen left Liquid to join Heinz and APG you waffle ;)

And Unlegit is very good but is extremely negative and hostile towards teammates.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I still think hysteria is the most underrated player in h5

Hysteria has been underrated. He does it all. But I still think Penguin is at least top 5 and I'm glad people saw him go off this tourney. Some interesting teams are gonna be for Ed for sure though.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Don't be fooled by the fact that they never put him on main screen -- Devon is really good. He's also a good pairing with Contra because they have similar attitudes.

I asked Puckett why they never showed Devon at Regionals, and his reply was "I didn't know how to pronounce his name."

Yeah Devon is really good and is an incredibly smart player, definitely not the weak link on the team. If anything Huke is because his communication is rather poor compared to the other three. He's still a really good player though with incredible gunskill.

I'd be really surprised if Denial stuck together though. They just don't seem to get along that well from watching their scrims. I'm expecting they'll be splitting up into to2s of Bubu/Huke and Contra/Devon. Hope Bubu/Huke team with some veteran players to learn some things about communication and teamwork but also teach the veterans some things about H5 gameplay wise. Perhaps Ola/2gre or Flame/Maniac idk. Then Contra/devon to find good players that have similar personalities to them. Maybe Cratos/Suspector.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If this happens, I'm instantly a TL fanboy. I've been a fan of Mikwen for a long time and really just want to see him succeed and be on a top 4 team. 

Fun watch all weekend long! Congratulations to every team that qualified for Worlds!

Every team will learn from this event, from Losers to Winners!