CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Politely disagree. While I think if their goal is to guarantee top 4 then they should stick together, I don't think there is any chance they can beat this CLG team. Taking a few slayers off of them is impressive, but the objectives were never in doubt.

I see your point but I cant think of a roster that could be built today to beat CLG tomorrow.  I think they would have a better chance of beating them by practicing diligently and nailing down their strats than by changing their roster.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Politely disagree. While I think if their goal is to guarantee top 4 then they should stick together, I don't think there is any chance they can beat this CLG team. Taking a few slayers off of them is impressive, but the objectives were never in doubt.

Exactly. If Lethul stayed on EG he would have been guaranteed  top 4 and be favored to win it all, but he wanted to be the best team by far so he made the risk to join CLG. I think Bubu Dubu is some of the best new talent and could help form Envy into a top team.

In the case of Huke, his comms were god awful at worlds even though his individual skill was up there. Maybe someone like 2gre and Ola could make Bubu Dubu and Huke into great all around players. I don't see Huke leaving the Denial org though.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I would image that Pro League news will trickle out but some players do need an "off season". It helps to build up new stories and refine old ones. I don't think we'll have radio silence for a month but a lot of people worked hard on this initiative so rest is very much necessary in order to deliver a quality product in the future.

Also, read something about my casting, a few posts back, being "cringy" and I don't really have a response to that. I don't think I did or said anything that sounded particularly bad but to each their own. We need to tell the story and get the viewers caring about these players while at the same time relaying relevant information, show off observer mode, listen to production (who were talking at the same volume as my co-caster in full paragraphs lol), and keep track of all 8 POV's, etc, etc.

Every game of Halo I cast takes a lot out of me, and anyone else who does it for three days straight, so I might say something odd or dumb here or there but it's just apart of the process of becoming a better caster.

Overall, I'm satisfied with my performance this weekend and I accomplished the tasks I set in front of me which was namely to prove that I do know Halo 5 and I've put the work in to get good at the game (I'll never be at the Pro level nor do I want to be) and I wanted that to come across in the cast.

So if being cringy to one guy is the worst I'll get then I'm more than happy to take it and be better next time, if there is a next time.

I was glad to be apart of the ride! :)

Goldenboy, you were great. My only complaint was that I couldn't listen to you cast the sidestream on day 1, because you would have loved that Epsilon-C9 or Epsilon-CLG series.

Exactly. If Lethul stayed on EG he would have been guaranteed top 4 and be favored to win it all, but he wanted to be the best team by far so he made the risk to join CLG. I think Bubu Dubu is some of the best new talent and could help form Envy into a top team.

In the case of Huke, his comms were god awful at worlds even though his individual skill was up there. Maybe someone like 2gre and Ola could make Bubu Dubu and Huke into great all around players. I don't see Huke leaving the Denial org though.

I wouldn't call joining CLG a risk lol.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Were they actually top 4 teams? I doubt we'll ever know with upcoming rostermania, but they all placed in the top 4 while all the teams that made changes got 5th-8th.

A kinda sad thing on this topic is that Cloud seemed to have gotten the short end of the stick again, being dropped from a Leftovers that had beaten EG in OQ#2 for Ninja and only placing 9th-16th. Will this guy ever catch a break?

The top 4 teams luckily avoided the chain reaction Hurricane Lethul created. A lot of the teams' hands were forced to pick up players and break others.

Even with how competitive this season was by the time HWC came around, imagine if these teams were all together longer than the 2 months they were.

I think outside of the controversy a lot of people have with single elim and other sandbox stuff, we had the best season with what we had.

i wonder how the #HaloWC hashtag did on twitter

i've been searching and the best number i could find was 8k tweets containing #HaloWC

would be nice if we could get trending one of these days 

Also... how cringy was Goldenboy during the finals? He's always a wee bit awkward with forced jokes and has some premature e-hype-ulation problems, but it's not really a problem. During the finals however, it was more or less constant.

I hope if he reads this he takes it as constructive criticism and not bashing because I do like him and want him to improve and succeed at this.

I thought all the casters did a great job, I enjoyed everyone immensely.

Goldenboy is Halo's Mike Torico, which I mean in a very positive way (I'm from Michigan so maybe I'm biased)

• Upvote (+1) 2

I still find it comical that 2gre didn't even get to Worlds where the top two teams made more than nearly all other events combined, but he's still in the top few for console esports earnings.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I wouldn't call joining CLG a risk lol.

It easily could have been. What if they weren't as good as they thought and EG wasn't hurt by the change. Sure now you can say it wasn't a risk when hindsight is 20/20, but I remember back then RNG won their first scrim against them and CLG and EG had a very close 5 game series in OQ#5. It could have easily been a bad move for Lethul.

I would like to see all of Denial stick together.  They have really shown up on LAN.  Splitting up any part of that would be a mistake imo

Honestly i think they are the second best team rn.  They are definitely the best team against CLG on LAN atleast.  They have made it far in both tournaments, and gave CLG a run for their money.  There's nothing wrong with being a solid top 3 team and fighting for first instead of splitting up looking for a team change to make you the best.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can expect Penguin to get great offers this off season, but I think him and Rayne are a duo. We will see.

I can expect Penguin to get great offers this off season, but I think him and Rayne are a duo. We will see.

penguin and rayne to optic?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I still find it comical that 2gre didn't even get to Worlds where the top two teams made more than nearly all other events combined, but he's still in the top few for console esports earnings.

I find it comical that he was trolling the HWC at one point. streaming with like 800 viewers that otherwise would have definitely been watching the HWC.

I thought the casting was phenomenal. Like someone else stated, we have made some serious progress with Halo's castings from the MLG days. Puckett was great back then but carried the show. As good as he was, he was also one person and I much prefer having a variety of skilled casters that can rotate out. Everyone has their pros and cons but in my opinion there are very little cons to the casters we have.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Denial just needs to play smarter. They have some of the best young talent and they have tons of room for improvement. 

Example: In their Flag game vs CLG Contra kept shooting from his base and not pushing forward with his team. Walshy called him out on this numerous times. If they just watch the VOD and make adjustments I believe they will be just fine.

Oh no, bodies were shot and teabagged! I think Obama and Microsoft should have a press conference for everyone offended by these horrible acts against humanity.

Honestly, I couldn't sleep all night thinking about how Frost had the audacity to shoot a ragdoll.

Funny you mention that, I think the First Family is preparing to make a statement... 

2imb2om.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 2

Funny you mention that, I think the First Family is preparing to make a statement... 

2imb2om.jpg

.....What...the....f

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 4

i wonder how the #HaloWC hashtag did on twitter

i've been searching and the best number i could find was 8k tweets containing #HaloWC

would be nice if we could get trending one of these days 

It was sitting at second top of trends on Sunday. Swear down.

Edit - Just realised I have it set to tailored trends.  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would like to see all of Denial stick together.  They have really shown up on LAN.  Splitting up any part of that would be a mistake imo

I think they could drop Devon for a better 4th 

• Downvote (-1) 1

I think they could drop Devon for a better 4th 

Perhaps, but a "better player" on paper doesn't necessarily "play better" with a different team.

We will have to see after the inevitable rostermania hits.  its gonna be fun!