CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I get that everybody wants double elim but who the hell is going to beat CLG in 2 straight consecutive series?

The team who comes through Losers, obviously :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Damn you iTz 26, fkn ninja :kappa:

No I am not fking Ninja. I'm just one of his mods. Rumors are bad  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 5

What are you guys on about Naded curse?

Che OFFICIALLY called it ages ago even if Naded disagrees 

Curse isn't gone until he wins a LAN 4v4 event (1st place) against top teams. So the curse is still alive.

At this event... i think RNG was top 4. I think they legit choked vs ALG and would have gotten to the Finals. I think EG was a good team too, they just ran into two teams who were playing better. I think ALG was probably a 5-8 team that got very fortunate, I think Denial is legit good. I think Liquid is legit good.

So you're saying ALG is a 5th-8th team and RNG was a top 2 team when ALG beat RNG in the quarters and got top 2? If a team consistently chokes leads and tilts super hard when they are down it doesn't matter how good they can play. I'm a huge RNG fan but just denying the fact that ALG outplayed them and was the better team is stupid.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Denial have finished 2nd and T-3rd on LAN.

Even if you go by average placings, Denial is the 2nd best team.

Wouldn't ALG have the exact same average?

@@SnakeBite deserves so much praise for saving the HCS from Breakout. We all were so fortunate.

He was clearly playing the long game so CLG could defeat Allegiance with ease at worlds.

Truly, a god among men.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I missed the tourney since I'm at work. How do we get the free req pack?

It's in the marketplace on your Xbox

• Downvote (-1) 1

Pretty anticlimactic if you ask me. Hopefully some other teams make some changes to get on CLG's level. I'd hate to see a team that is so boring(besides tj) win everything. At least when EG went on their run in H2A they were entertaining. CLG just do everything by the books and have zero personality.

Hope to see these teams formed:

Roy, Snipedown, Spartan, and Commonly

Penguin, Contra, Predevonator, Stellur 

Suspector, APG, Heinz, Unlegit 

Teams may seem a bit random and aren't entirely likely to happen but those teams could be quite good imo. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So you're saying ALG is a 5th-8th team and RNG was a top 2 team when ALG beat RNG in the quarters and got top 2? If a team consistently chokes leads and tilts super hard when they are down it doesn't matter how good they can play. I'm a huge RNG fan but just denying the fact that ALG outplayed them and was the better team is stupid.

Yeah that is what I am saying. RNG was 1 cap away from winning that series 3-0. If they had gotten that cap, would anyone have disputed they were better than ALG? No. They let ALG get momentum and it bit them in the ass. Before that choke they had literally dominated ALG 100-0 and 50-35. 

Liquid beat ALG 3-0 in Bracket play, so do you think ALG was legitimately better than Liquid? ALG beat Elevate who beat Denial who Liquid. 

That is why I am saying it is too hard to choose. Its really all about matchups, but anyone watching that series knows RNG choked that series. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

@@SnakeBite deserves so much praise for saving the HCS from Breakout. We all were so fortunate.

Now if he would do the same for radar.

So some Frosty guy in the Beyond chat promised a smashing meme if CLG won. Can someone direct me towards it so I can neg it?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The overtime CTF rules need to be changed. Anyone else think the blue side of colosseum is easier to cap on? Someone should run some stats. Blocking blue cave is so easy. Allegiance wins game 1 who knows. But clg got a full replay and got their feet under them and remembered their clg.

I really don't think that was a million dollar series but such is life, congrats.

I think blocking Blue cave is MUCH easier because its way more difficult to bank grenades predictably into it. The back wall is also open whereas red cave is closed off which makes putting nades into Blue even more difficult. It seems almost impossible to kill the enemy blocker. I guess you could argue blue team has an advantage too though - they can jump up onto the top of Red Flag when pushing from elbow. You can jump up onto that little rock ledge (esp. huge with a push with rockets), but red team can't do it to blue flag.

I just don't understand how these things are even an issue. It seems like simple logic that you can't have a two-base symmetrical map, but then have alterations to each base which give one team an advantage. Its fine for slayer but not in OBJ. I thought we learned this 12 years ago from H2 Beaver Creek. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

First day of spring and the first day of the Pro League Hurricane season. My favorite time of the year. 

Denial have finished 2nd and T-3rd on LAN.

Even if you go by average placings, Denial is the 2nd best team.

Denial has performed like the 2nd best team since Regionals. I think some people can't come to terms with that though.

I'm not disputing who is second, I said that teams shouldn't be ranked using the logic "this team beat the best team the most, so they are second".

How about this logic. They have taken the #1 team to game 6 twice (who else has done that), beat a MUCH improved Liquid team twice, and beat Allegiance. Who else deserve's it more?

My personal opinion is that right now in H5 match ups are more important then any time I can remember. There are teams that seem to just have certain other teams numbers. I feel like there are teams that are consistently better then 3 other teams, but could lose to a team that I'd rank 4 places lower. It is one of the reasons I'm so upset with the format of this tournament because I wanted to see some of these teams that have NEVER played each other actually play, and who they were randomly matched against not making such a drastic impact on the placings.

Liquid is my biggest question mark right now. It seems like Denial has their number. I think they are right there with a hot RNG and ALG. But I haven't seen them play eLevate/Noble, CLG, or EG so it makes it really hard to gauge them.

This is the first time I feel like after a Season we still have no real clue who the top 8, or even top 4 teams are. So yea, I think the format was shit.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Which is why I supplemented it with the logic that they also have the second-best placings.

In your post you said;

Number two should be Denial, because...

Denial are the only team to have defeated CLG in a flag game on LAN in Halo 5.

Denial have the highest win rate against CLG on LAN (33.33%)

I only see stuff regarding about wins against CLG for the reasoning that they're the second best teams =p. I must be missing something?

• Upvote (+1) 1

LET'S START DISCUSSING POWER RANKINGS GUYS!

Obviously, #1 is CLG.

Number two should be Denial, because...

Denial are the only team to have defeated CLG in a flag game on LAN in Halo 5.

Denial have the highest win rate against CLG on LAN (33.33%)

But who do you peg for #3?

• EG, eLevate, and Epsilon are the only other 3 teams to take games off CLG.  EG have won slayers on Regret and Truth and Strongholds on Rig and Plaza.
  • eLevate (then Noble) won Regret TS.
  • Epsilon won Coliseum TS.
  • Renegades are 0-7 against CLG on LAN, 3-0 against EG on LAN, 3-3 against Liquid on LAN, 3-10 against Allegiance on LAN.
  • Liquid never faced CLG or EG on LAN, but lost 2-3 vs Denial twice, are 3-3 vs Renegades, and 4-3 vs Allegiance.
  • eLevate are 0-3 vs CLG, 3-0 vs Denial, 3-7 vs Allegiance.
  • Epsilon are 3-1 vs RNG, 0-3 vs eLevate, 1-3 vs CLG, 0-3 vs Liquid, and 0-3 vs Allegiance.

I disagree with Denial being #2 just because they can do the most damage to CLG. Denial has many weaknesses as well. For example they lost to EG in pool play at Regionals. And they lost to Elevate in pool play at Worlds. They're good but I think they should be considered right next to EG or right below them since EG has actually beaten CLG on LAN at xgames. 

Yeah that is what I am saying. RNG was 1 cap away from winning that series 3-0. If they had gotten that cap, would anyone have disputed they were better than ALG? No. They let ALG get momentum and it bit them in the ass. Before that choke they had literally dominated ALG 100-0 and 50-35. 

Liquid beat ALG 3-0 in Bracket play, so do you think ALG was legitimately better than Liquid? ALG beat Elevate who beat Denial who Liquid. 

That is why I am saying it is too hard to choose. Its really all about matchups, but anyone watching that series knows RNG choked that series. 

"RNG almost won the series" is not a good argument for why RNG is better than ALG. Things might have gone differently with a losers bracket but you can't say RNG is the superior team just because they outperformed ALG in two games.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Wouldn't ALG have the exact same average?

That's true.

But then if you look head to head, Denial won that match-up, 4-3.

And then you look at similar opponents...

Denial vs CLG: 4-8

Allegiance vs CLG: 0-4

Denial vs EG: 1-3

Allegiance vs EG: 2-4

Denial vs Liquid: 6-4

Allegiance vs Liquid: 3-4

I'd say CLG are the clear leader.

Based off records, placings, and head-to-head matchups, EG, Denial, and Allegiance are the next group, and not far behind are eLevate, Liquid, Renegades, and Epsilon.

2-8 are actually kinda scarily close...

Don't know why people get so up in arms about bagging. You think Michael Jordan wasn't trash talking people all up and down the court? Or how about Kevin Garnett? If you can get inside someone's head during the game you go for it. 

But it'd be SO MEAN to bag people. I mean, C'MON, show some respect, you meanies. 

st4Fa8h.gif

• Upvote (+1) 5

Curse isn't gone until he wins a LAN 4v4 event (1st place) against top teams. So the curse is still alive.

I'm just being a cheeky kunt m8

• Upvote (+1) 1