CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

If formal isnt the ola/apg/heinz fourth. I wont even be surprised. I honestly dont even care anymore who it is. lol

/intelhype

• Upvote (+1) 3

If formal isnt the ola/apg/heinz fourth. I wont even be surprised. I honestly dont even care anymore who it is. lol

/intelhype

I'd be all for it being Maniac. Hopefully that happens.

most concurrent viewers, max viewship per tourney

Those are the same thing.

Don't know why this bothered me.

Carry on.

Out of curiousity and just for general purposes, is there any published articles or anyone who has calculated analytics in terms of the viewership #s for HCS Season 1 & 2 tournaments on twitch (i.e most concurrent viewers, max viewship per tourney, etc) ?

Those are the same thing.

Actually not the same thing.

Concurrent =/= maximum.  Concurrent basically means the highest average number over the course of a few days or week. The peak (or max) is the highest it hit in that same time frame. There is also "unique" viewers where a stream can count exactly the amount of people who tuned in if only for a second.

Actually not the same thing.

Concurrent =/= maximum.

Not meaning to get into a math argument but concurrent is the highest value of something occurring at the same time, aka the peak viewership.

Not exactly sure what he meant by 'max viewship' but sounds like he was referring to the same thing. If he was referring to something else like total amount of views over the weekend then yeah that'd be different.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Not meaning to get into a math argument but concurrent is the highest value of something occurring at the same time, aka the peak viewership.

You're right but also wrong. Peak viewership is different than highest average value of something. 

http://www.mathopenref.com/concurrent-lines.html

If a stream hits above 500 viewers Friday, Saturday and Sunday then their concurrent viewership was 500+ but the highest it reached could've been like 700 on Sunday.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You're right but also wrong. Peak viewership is different than highest average value of something. 

http://www.mathopenref.com/concurrent-lines.html

If a stream hits above 500 viewers Friday, Saturday and Sunday then their concurrent viewership was 500+ but the highest it reached could've been like 700 on Sunday.

He didn't say highest average though ;)

• Upvote (+1) 1

He didn't say highest average though ;)

When a tournament organization or Twitch uses that term thats what they generally mean. The highest common denominator over the course of an event. Lets not start with semantics, please lol. 

Wow. We need Intel bad. You guys are arguing over the definition of words lol

Not really. I was helping clear up @@YosH question so maybe someone could answer? I'm also interested in knowing the numbers. There are three different types and some people get them confused.

Hard numbers for halo viewership: us, couple r/halo kids, no waypointers(busy crying about sprint) and then like 5 poor souls who clicked the link to the stream that they found on Twitter somewhere.

For a grand total of...

...let me just take off my socks here...

...like eight or nine.

What's that? A thread is slow up until Halo 5 is released? 

Nothing a dank gif can't solve. 

J6RQRIt.gif

• Upvote (+1) 5