CyReN

Halo World Championship 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

unless they tell us that life exists on Mars I seriously don't want to hear about it, too often I hear redundant (at least to me) bits of information about this planet or that meteor and blah blah blah, its just annoying after a while. I know its not halo related but I couldn't help it.

I completely agree, they first make an announcement for the announcement then it turns out to be kind of underwhelming. It always feels like a marketing campaign.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I know I have asked this already but I don't think anyone has really answered me... 

Can we please get the top 16 teams listed in this thread... or even just add the teams in that have notable players on them. It would make it so much easier to see how the teams are coming together. 

Nowhere is the title of the thread does it say the word "pro" anyway. Lets get Nemassist's new team on here, even Gunshot's, Reality Check, whatever. It just seams like going into Halo 5 the top teams or teams to look out for should all be listed... 

we do not know enough to list a top 16. I do not think we even know enough to get a top 8.  Once some more teams are announced I wont mind doing a top 8 power ranking pre-release halo 5 and then updated it frequently based on scrims.

its just too early to give a top 16.  For a top 8 I think for now you can assume the same top 10is teams from end of H2A to be somewhere in the top 8.

I completely agree, they first make an announcement for the announcement then it turns out to be kind of underwhelming. It always feels like a marketing campaign.

Sorry about the accidental neg. still friends?

At about six minutes into APG's stream today, he said to me that Formal accidentally let it slip that they were teaming together on Maniacs stream last night.

I am honestly not sure if he is messing with me or not, but him saying that is about six minutes into this: http://www.twitch.tv/apg/v/17881372

Now I don't have the time or patience to find where that would be in Maniac's rebroadcast, but APG said Formal said the sentence "Are you ready to team with me and Ola again?"

APG later says "Yeah, he said it when I first joined the stream." and "When can the fouth be named? Mid-October, hopefully soon, we are waiting on the go ahead from the special person" around 7 minutes in. (The latter line coming before the Former line)

Only reasons I think he is messing with me is because he said it on stream infront of everyone, and those three have never teamed together before I don't believe, so the "again" is kinda weird.

Luckily enough Mid-October isn't too far away now.

If anyone wants to take the time to find it in Maniac's rebroadcast here it is: http://www.twitch.tv/bthmaniac/v/17767134

FormalHurricane.gif

What'd I miss? If you're basing that on the above post, Lethul, APG and Heinz have been teasing us for months. We all have been hoping Formal will be the 4th as well. 

What'd I miss? If you're basing that on the above post, Lethul, APG and Heinz have been teasing us for months. We all have been hoping Formal will be the 4th as well. 

:intel:

I know I have asked this already but I don't think anyone has really answered me... 

Can we please get the top 16 teams listed in this thread... or even just add the teams in that have notable players on them. It would make it so much easier to see how the teams are coming together. 

Nowhere is the title of the thread does it say the word "pro" anyway. Lets get Nemassist's new team on here, even Gunshot's, Reality Check, whatever. It just seams like going into Halo 5 the top teams or teams to look out for should all be listed...

Top 8 was considered Pro for the last few seasons for HCS, really don't see the need right now for Top 16 since the Top 16 hasn't really served a purpose since the Reach days and even then it was stretching it with the lower tier teams towards the ends.

With that said, I hope it does become something again in Halo 5, until HCS changes it, it will be Top 8ish teams.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Top 8 was considered Pro for the last few seasons for HCS, really don't see the need right now for Top 16 since the Top 16 hasn't really served a purpose since the Reach days and even then it was stretching it with the lower tier teams towards the ends.

With that said, I hope it does become something again in Halo 5, until HCS changes it, it will be Top 8ish teams.

we could list all "notable" teams instead of just "pro" teams

• Upvote (+1) 2

At about six minutes into APG's stream today, he said to me that Formal accidentally let it slip that they were teaming together on Maniacs stream last night.

I am honestly not sure if he is messing with me or not, but him saying that is about six minutes into this: http://www.twitch.tv/apg/v/17881372

Now I don't have the time or patience to find where that would be in Maniac's rebroadcast, but APG said Formal said the sentence "Are you ready to team with me and Ola again?"

APG later says "Yeah, he said it when I first joined the stream." and "When can the fouth be named? Mid-October, hopefully soon, we are waiting on the go ahead from the special person" around 7 minutes in. (The latter line coming before the Former line)

Only reasons I think he is messing with me is because he said it on stream infront of everyone, and those three have never teamed together before I don't believe, so the "again" is kinda weird.

Luckily enough Mid-October isn't too far away now.

If anyone wants to take the time to find it in Maniac's rebroadcast here it is: http://www.twitch.tv/bthmaniac/v/17767134

I think they teamed together on Ambush in Halo 4 before APG was replaced by Heinz.

nvm it was Ola that replaced APG

I think they teamed together on Ambush in Halo 4 before APG was replaced by Heinz.

aPG was replaced by Ola(Ambush was Snip3down, Formal, Heinz & aPG, and then aPG got the classic aPG boot and got replaced by Ola).

I don't know formal so obviously i could be wrong but i think as a whole he would love to come back to competitive Halo. But with 3mil in total prize money being announced for cod next year and the following he's built on a "safer" game to make a living off of i doubt he'll come back. Would be pretty sweet though. 

Formal will compete in both. The guy is just a machine.

The dude came into the MCC invitational with barely any practice after grinding competitive CoD for so long and won the thing.

He'll be back.

really don't see the need right now for Top 16 

People still like to follow those teams in the 8-16 range. Even if they may not be considered "pro" I think it would be appreciated if they were included because many are still interested in knowing what teams are right on the cusp of making top 8.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

People still like to follow those teams in the 8-16 range. Even if they may not be considered "pro" I think it would be appreciated if they were included because many are still interested in knowing what teams are right on the cusp of making top 8.  

Exactly. Just call them "semi-pro". I know you don't want to give the Sudds a "pro" tag  :lxthul:

we do not know enough to list a top 16. I do not think we even know enough to get a top 8.  Once some more teams are announced I wont mind doing a top 8 power ranking pre-release halo 5 and then updated it frequently based on scrims.

its just too early to give a top 16.  For a top 8 I think for now you can assume the same top 10is teams from end of H2A to be somewhere in the top 8.

The list on /r/CompetitiveHalo has more than this one, and basically includes any team involving players that are known and people might want to follow, which seems like a good approach tbh. It's not like the OP is in any danger of becoming crowded with info.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveHalo/comments/3j7d6b/hcs_teams_list_september_2015/

The list on /r/CompetitiveHalo has more than this one, and basically includes any team involving players that are known and people might want to follow, which seems like a good approach tbh. It's not like the OP is in any danger of becoming crowded with info.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveHalo/comments/3j7d6b/hcs_teams_list_september_2015/

There is the issue of deciding what teams are "notable". One of those teams finished season 2 outside of the top 20.

There is the issue of deciding what teams are "notable". One of those teams finished season 2 outside of the top 20.

Fair point. But I still think there's a middle ground which could result in the OP offering a little more info for discussion/people to follow.

I like the 9-16 being followed because if we give them a status like semi-pro or whatever, there will be a battle for that kind of status as well. It gives us more room to follow competitive and to keep a closer eye on the up-and-comers.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It would be cool if there were some way they could track teams in h5 like they are with individual players. I don't know in what way they could do it in halo but Diablo 3's group leaderboards for 2's, 3's, and 4's is really interesting. Maybe they could do it like this group had the highest win streak or something.

It would be cool if there were some way they could track teams in h5 like they are with individual players. I don't know in what way they could do it in halo but Diablo 3's group leaderboards for 2's, 3's, and 4's is really interesting. Maybe they could do it like this group had the highest win streak or something.

They should have brought the clan feature from Halo 2 back.

• Upvote (+1) 2